Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Davis Using Steroids??

Whatever steroids he's potentially using they aren't nearly as powerfull as the ones Blake Griffin was reported to have used after his injury

ROFL at this thread.

Steroids? You have to be f***ing kidding me.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

If you guys are watching the heat game..look at lebron..that's what happens when you get off steroids. He's fat. It's bizarre to see him that big (fat). Am sure he'll play himself into shape, but he usually comes into the season in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Question mark in title. Meaning I'm wondering what you guys think and it's just a possibility/suspicion not an accusation.
    This is largely recognized as a Fox News tactic. Examples:

"Terrorist Fist Bump?"

"President Obama a Muslim?"

"Doctored Birth Certificate?"

It not so surreptitiously introduces an accusation in the form of a question and gets people talking about the possibilities of something that would otherwise be dismissed. Some people will view it as an accusation that may have some credence, some will view it as a question that deserves discussion, and the rest of us will view it as a charge with a question mark at the end meant to make it look like an actual discussion point.

This is no attack on you... this is just how discourse has evolved over the last 20 years.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    This is largely recognized as a Fox News tactic. Examples:

"Terrorist Fist Bump?"

"President Obama a Muslim?"

"Doctored Birth Certificate?"

It not so surreptitiously introduces an accusation in the form of a question and gets people talking about the possibilities of something that would otherwise be dismissed. Some people will view it as an accusation that may have some credence, some will view it as a question that deserves discussion, and the rest of us will view it as a charge with a question mark at the end meant to make it look like an actual discussion point.

This is no attack on you... this is just how discourse has evolved over the last 20 years.
    Fair enough I should have worded it in a better way to portray what I meant. I suspect some kind of performance enhancements... but should have included other possibilities rather than roids. I guess I naturally am controversial

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

In this conversation HGH, horse pills, etc all fall under the term steroids. No one is being specific. They are just saying that he's using something to help him. It's not natural.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

all athletes are on performance enhancers

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    all athletes are on performance enhancers
    This. They're professional athletes..
    How stupid and naive are people on here that believe otherwise?

Also, somebody ban CF86 from making a thread every time he has a fkn thought
    Stick to clipper game threads champ

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    He looks very cut, he doesn't look ridiculousy big though.

Maybe it'd be a better question to ask if he's using ephedrine or something...and i don't even know if that's against the rules.
    There are steroids that specifically target definition. It isn't like steroids only make you look like Bob Sapp.

I have no reason to believe Anthony Davis is using anything against the rules, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that HGH is common practice in the NBA. Some guys (not point fingers) have that look and they would be very difficult to detect.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    There are steroids that specifically target definition. It isn't like steroids only make you look like Bob Sapp.

I have no reason to believe Anthony Davis is using anything against the rules, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that HGH is common practice in the NBA. Some guys (not point fingers) have that look and they would be very difficult to detect.
    there's nobody in the nba that's freakishly ripped or freakishly massive. just because someone isn't a stick figure doesn't mean they're on ped's

i'd be shocked if davis was taking anything. he's 19 years old for christ's sake, it's pretty easy to put on muscle at that age

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_rambis
    there's nobody in the nba that's freakishly ripped or freakishly massive. just because someone isn't a stick figure doesn't mean they're on ped's

i'd be shocked if davis was taking anything. he's 19 years old for christ's sake, it's pretty easy to put on muscle at that age
    That has absolutely nothing to do with using roids. To get freakishly ripped and massive on roids, you have to have an impeccable diet along with training in the gym everyday for months while you are on your cycle (not to mention you would have to do multiple cycles).

The notion that if people use roids they will end up massive and ripped very easily is incredibly flawed. Also, "freakishly ripped" is 100% a body fat issue. It doesn't matter how much muscle you have, if you have a higher body fat percentage you wont look ripped at all. That's why powerlifters all look like fat asses when in reality they are stronger then nearly anyone on earth.

Going on a typically 3 month cycle in the off season could net you results that would take years doing it the natural way and it wouldn't make you "freakishly ripped or freakishly massive"

Hgh won't make you freakishly big or ripped by itself
    Bodybuilders use it stacked with insulin, test, and various other compounds for mass building..
    By itself it's great for recovery.. Not everything under the term steroids means its for putting on huge size

Anyone that looks at Davis and thinks "roids" is a fu*king moron. For starters he'll be on a new diet, training all the time and has new professional trainers.
    And at 19 it's not hard to put on muscle if all those things are in check..
    pretty obvious some people on here have never trained a day in there lives...

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Not to mention that steroid cycles typically only last 3 months. That leaves plenty of time to do it over the off season and before they get tested (I'm assuming they don't get tested during the off season).
    they do

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

What? point some fingers, whats the harm?
    Last edited by chips93; 10-07-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    they do

What? point some fingers, whats the harm?
    Interesting, do you know how much/when they do?