Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk or T-Mac

Saw a basketball once Rocketeer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Hmmm as good of a player T-Mac is when he's healthy, Dirk is still better. He's 7 foot tall and has great agility and dribbling skill. He hit's the J and get's to the foul line a lot due to his quickness.

T-Mac is a great player, but what does he bring that makes him that much more special than a J-Rich or a Ricky Davis?

I guess I'm saying I like Dirk b/c of his uniqueness, which I believe is more harder to find then an athletic swingman who can score.
    :stupid: If your comparing T-Mac to Ricky Davis and J-Rich

Then you are just plain stupid

Dirk with Yao ming would be an absolute NIGHTMARE to all of those saying what would dirk do if he was on the teams Tmac has been on. I would trade Josh howard and devin harris for Yao sadly the rockets wouldnt. Hell i would trade those 2 and Diop.

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    What a fcuking dolt. I cant believe you just typed that.
    He's a ball hog, shoots a low percentage, and seems disinterested.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Dirk wouldnt need to come back by 13 points in 33sec because we would be winning the game. Dirk creates so many more match up problems then tmac.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    Drk. It isn't even close. People only look at guys like Kobe Tmac AI and Wade whenb they are "ON"... Dirk is a much much better player than these guys consistently.. an he makes the players around him better consistently because of the mismatches he creates.

Dirk makes the players around him way better than Tmac.. put dirk on the same team with Yao, and they'd have a championship. Even with craptastic Van Gundy coaching..
    Dirk disappears just as often when his team really needs him. The truth is that they're both above average in clutch situations though. Nobody wins EVERY game.

It's pretty hard to argue that Dirk makes people around him much better, since he rarely ever creates off the dribble. Perhaps commanding double teams opens things up for his teammates, but the same could be said about any star in the league, including Tracy. You ever think Dirk just has players around him that are already good?

You honestly think that if you switched Dirk and Tracy in the Houston/Dallas series that the Rockets would have won it? You really think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer
    T-Mac got 13pts in 33secs vs the Spurs i would love to see Dirk The Choker even come close to that
    This argument is almost as weak as it is overdone.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Dirk with Yao ming would be an absolute NIGHTMARE to all of those saying what would dirk do if he was on the teams Tmac has been on. I would trade Josh howard and devin harris for Yao sadly the rockets wouldnt. Hell i would trade those 2 and Diop.
    I didnt know it was possible to type with your ass until I read your post.

"OOHHH I'm a genius, I would trade JOSH HOWARD and DEVIS HARRIS for YAO!!
    I know it was a difficult decision to make, but I figure we'd sell more tickets with Yao on the roster!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer
    :stupid: If your comparing T-Mac to Ricky Davis and J-Rich

Then you are just plain stupid
    I'm just saying I don't think the discrepency between T-Mac and J-Rich is as huge as people think. People overate him and has even been passed the 1st round in the playoffs?

He's a ball hog, shoots a low percentage, and seems disinterested.
    Just stop talking. Every word you type just lowers your credibility even more.

Saw a basketball once Rocketeer's Avatar

I'm just saying I don't think the discrepency between T-Mac and J-Rich is as huge as people think. People overate him and has even been passed the 1st round in the playoffs?

WOW i never knew someone can be this stupid!!!!!!!!!!

Please, shoot me in the head....like...right now. I'm not even going to bother explaining this to you. Clutch shouldnt be wasting his time either.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Default .

That said, I still think it's fair to consider how far Dirk would have gotten in the playoffs if you plugged him into the teams that Tracy has been on. Dirk has had the luxury of regularly being surrounded by a very talented roster, and Tracy generally hasn't at all. You have to take that into consideration if you want to look at it fairly, that's all I'm saying.
    i see your point and i took it under consideration...BUT how do you blow a 3-1lead when you made such a confident statement on national tv? yes dirk is surrounded with talent but its also coaching and his ability to space the floor...

what i believe is happening is that dirk is hitting his prime while macgrady's back is catching up to him...but even with injuries asside, i would STILL take dirk...only because he is a PF who can ALSO play like a guard.

Very good NBA starter

mavs > rockets

tmac > dirk

some people keep on talking about how dirk makes his teammates' jobs easier. but the opposite is actually more true. dirk's cast is solid. and because the mavs have all those weapons, dirk gets a lot of lesiure that most other scorers in the league don't have.

t-mac, on the other hand, has proven that he could carry a team with almost a bunch of nobodies.

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    Just stop talking. Every word you type just lowers your credibility even more.
    Ok, I'll stop just b/c you told me so. Out of the Superstar swingman I would rate T-Mac:

1. Kobe
    2. Wade
    3. LBJ
    4. PP
    5. Carmelo Anthony

And then you have T-Mac and VC, and a notch below you have Jamison and Richardson.

T-Mac is just to inconsistent for me to like and he has a bad back problem.

As for Dirk, how many big men would you take over him? Duncan, probably. KG, maybe. Brand, no. Dwight Howard, maybe b/c he's younger, but that's probably it. Just face it, Dirk is much more unique and creates bigger mismatches and is why I would take him. T-Mac is just another athletic swingman who's selfish and just scores.

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    i see your point and i took it under consideration...BUT how do you blow a 3-1lead when you made such a confident statement on national tv? yes dirk is surrounded with talent but its also coaching and his ability to space the floor...

what i believe is happening is that dirk is hitting his prime while macgrady's back is catching up to him...but even with injuries asside, i would STILL take dirk...only because he is a PF who can ALSO play like a guard.
    He was quoted OUT OF CONTEXT when he made that 3-1 series lead statement. A report suckered him into saying what he wanted, then it took it out of context for use in his article. It wasnt televised so there's no way a national tv audience saw it. Enough?

Ok, I'll stop just b/c you told me so. Out of the Superstar swingman I would rate T-Mac:

1. Kobe
    2. Wade
    3. LBJ
    4. PP
    5. Carmelo Anthony

And then you have T-Mac and VC, and a notch below you have Jamison and Richardson.

T-Mac is just to inconsistent for me to like and he has a bad back problem.

As for Dirk, how many big men would you take over him? Duncan, probably. KG, maybe. Brand, no. Dwight Howard, maybe b/c he's younger, but that's probably it. Just face it, Dirk is much more unique and creates bigger mismatches.
    You grouped TMac into the same category as Ricky Davis and Jason Richardson. I rest my case.