Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Kawhi Leonard: longer wingspan than Andrew Bynum and hands of Shaq?

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard: longer wingspan than Andrew Bynum and hands of Shaq?

i remember reading about his hands last year...he had the biggest hands of the 2011 draft class. that probably explains why he's such a good rebounder for his position

he's impressed me with his outside shooting this season. i watched a few aztec games last year and i don't remember his shot being that clean. he's worked on his shooting mechanics. pop probably told him his role since day 1 and what to work on and it's paid off
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 05-20-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Just another great draft pick by the Spurs. Basically any time you can grab a guy the Spurs were targeting you got a good player. We got Batum right before San Antonio could get him. I'd love to see how that team would utilize Batum. Leonard will be a fun player to watch grow.

Great college starter

Trade worked out awesome for both teams. I'm glad Hill is doing great. I always figured he'd be a Spur for life.
    Leonard is so confident In what he can do. Playoffs performer already. LOL
    He will be all nba D first team soon. His shot sucked early in the year. Props to hike and the shooting coach. That guy works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    he's impressed me with his outside shooting this season. i watched a few aztec games last year and i don't remember his shot being that clean. he's worked on his shooting mechanics. pop probably told him his role since day 1 and what to work on and it's paid off
    he worked with chauncey billups for a lot of the summer, he actually planned on becoming a shooting guard

Kawhi Leonard is like another version of Lebron. Spurs hit bank when they got him.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Wasn't Shaq's excuse for years for not being a good shooter that his hands were too big? What's his excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Quotable
    Wasn't Shaq's excuse for years for not being a good shooter that his hands were too big? What's his excuse now?
    Is Shaq a good shooter now? lol.

Remember, supposedly, Shaq had a bum wrist, too.

-Smak

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I predicted him as the steal of the draft.. he's looking like he is..

anyway, with those hands, he'd definitely be great receiver..

beasley has humungous hands, john stokcton had big hands, jerry sloan too, all very good shooters

I don't know where the hell they got that number for Andrew Bynum's wingspan... but I seriously doubt it's right unless he just has a ridiculous vertical reach cus that guy with his arms up has to have the longest arms in the NBA.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    I don't know where the hell they got that number for Andrew Bynum's wingspan... but I seriously doubt it's right unless he just has a ridiculous vertical reach cus that guy with his arms up has to have the longest arms in the NBA.
    You might be right, but idk. Look at the 13 sec mark in the video where Leonard is dribbling the ball. His fingers are basically at his knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    yeah, i was sceptical too, but on bynum's website, he says its 7-3, and leonard's was measured at the pre-draft camp as 7-3, so leaonard's number is definitely legit

however, somewhere else, has bynum's wingpsan at 7-6, which seemse more realistic

even for a seven footer, bynum appears to have very long arms

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

This. lol It's all about technique. It's not like shaq was shooting tennis balls out there. Maybe a volley size basketball would better describe how shaq or kawhi feels with a regular basketball. Anyone who tried shooting a volley ball through a hoop would know you can still shoot well with it. Yeah tennis balls are harder even though those are smaller, you cant perform a consistent follow through. Plus shooting a small ball using a shooting form that is usually used for bigger balls is just annoying and silly.

NBA Superstar

Many NBA players are insanely skilled, but also insanely fortunate. Kawhi Leonard hit the genetic lottery. Props to him for taking his natural blessings and utilizing them to maximize his ability.