Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PC Gaming

Default Re: PC Gaming

I feel like I'm so outdated, even though I feel comfortable with the knowledge I have now as a PC person or average user of it. Maybe it's the creation and the building of it I need to continue to grow upon, sooner or later I will do just that. When the money is just right I can experiment, everyone here has been really helpful and I'm really generous, I thank all of you for your time.

To keep this thread going. How many of you guys game using keyboard mouse? I think it's really frustrating coming from a console gamer, is there a controller most of you guys play on or what.

kings fan

You can use a game pad with a computer. Mouse + Keyboard is just better for FPS, though.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The only game that I had a really hard time using keyboard+mouse was Dead Space for PC. I think I remember that they just made it really awkward in terms of which keys you could bind.

There's a lot of PC games that come with support for a 360 controller right away. The Witcher 2 was one example. The 360 one seems to be the easiest to use on PC.

There's some games that I could never imagine playing with a controller like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Skyrim, The Witcher 2 and I even prefer the Mass Effect series on PC with keyboard/mouse. But then there's a beast like Arkham City that I wouldn't even watch to touch on a keyboard/mouse setup.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Hey, if you ever decide to build a gaming PC, here's a decent guide I used to build mine last summer.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...uide/Guide.png

You'll probably have to save up over the next few months but you don't need to spend $1,000 or anything. You could build a good gaming PC for $600-700.

And yeah, I use a mouse for Skyrim, New Vegas, and BF3. But I might try Skyrim out with a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    The only game that I had a really hard time using keyboard+mouse was Dead Space for PC. I think I remember that they just made it really awkward in terms of which keys you could bind.

There's a lot of PC games that come with support for a 360 controller right away. The Witcher 2 was one example. The 360 one seems to be the easiest to use on PC.

There's some games that I could never imagine playing with a controller like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Skyrim, The Witcher 2 and I even prefer the Mass Effect series on PC with keyboard/mouse. But then there's a beast like Arkham City that I wouldn't even watch to touch on a keyboard/mouse setup.
    I play most everything with a 360 controller, except New Vegas since I have mods installed that use keyboard shortcuts. I play my PC on my TV though, so i'm sitting on the couch, which makes using a keyboard and mouse slightly difficult.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Will be getting the new counterstrike for pc.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I feel like I'm so outdated, even though I feel comfortable with the knowledge I have now as a PC person or average user of it. Maybe it's the creation and the building of it I need to continue to grow upon, sooner or later I will do just that. When the money is just right I can experiment, everyone here has been really helpful and I'm really generous, I thank all of you for your time.

To keep this thread going. How many of you guys game using keyboard mouse? I think it's really frustrating coming from a console gamer, is there a controller most of you guys play on or what.
    If you use a controller to play games like MW3 of BF3, you will get absolutely annihilated.

Reaction time and accuracy takes a huge step UP when you use keyboard and mouse. You run into far better competition on PC as well. I have a few friends who tried to make the jump from 360 to PC and they were annoyed about not being as good anymore.

I think you'll have problems with just a regular mouse and keyboard these days.

I know I'm playing with a G13 and a Naga; makes a big difference.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I think you'll have problems with just a regular mouse and keyboard these days.

I know I'm playing with a G13 and a Naga; makes a big difference.
    Mouse and keyboard are much easier than a controller. More precise movements.

Anyone who "has trouble" using a mouse and keyboard, probably cant type 10 words per minute.

Once you get used to it, a gaming pad is far superior in every way.

eh I had an Ideazon Fang. Tried to get used to it but meh. Keyboard is fine imo. especially with games that require you to type every so often.
    Last edited by 1rkrage; 03-17-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Once you get used to it, a gaming pad is far superior in every way.
    You can't even play real games with gaming pad.

I rule the local playground

Gaming pad superior to keyboard and mice? Maybe for fighting games but who the hell plus fighting games on pc?

Quote Originally Posted by ashlar
    Gaming pad superior to keyboard and mice? Maybe for fighting games but who the hell plus fighting games on pc?
    For every game. I'm guessing you guys don't know what I'm talking about even though I listed the exact products.

Fucking noob-ass keyboard turners talking shit.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

http://www.ageofwushu.com/

Coming soon to a PC near you.