Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Hadn't played 2k11 for a few weeks but decided to get back into it a lil... Told me niece and nephew to choose a team each and i'd see what i could do with them. One chose the Bulls and the other chose the Pistons, now i thought for sure that the Bulls would be better now and in the future but i hit the trade screens and absolutely destroyed a couple of other teams.

Heres a few of the trades i made with the pistons:

Prince+Hamilton+Two 1st rounders for Amare Stoudemire and Landry Fields
    Greg Monroe+Ben Gordon+2nd round pick for Monta Ellis and David Lee
    Ben Wallace+T-mac+Charlie V+Jerebko for Stephen Jackson and fillers

I could've made the last one better but pulled the trigger without thinking, still my lineup with them stands at:

PG: Rodney Stuckey
    SG: Monta Ellis
    SF: Stephen Jackson
    PF: Amare Stoudemire
    C: David Lee
    6: Jason Maxiell
    7: Will Bynum
    8: Terrico White
    9: Austin Daye
    10>:Scrubs

3-time NBA All-Star

I'm 1/3 through my first season in Association Mode as the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Here are a couple of trades done by other teams so far:

Steve Nash & Earl Clark for Jermaine O'Neal and Nate Robinson

Carl Landry & Dalembert for Ben Gordon and Ben Wallace

Duhon & Ryan Anderson for Rafer Alston

Sasha Vujacic for DJ White and Thabo Sefolosha

I like how active the CPU is so far.

3-time NBA All-Star

Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler and Ian Mahinmi

Brand/Chandler also happened in My Player

3-time NBA All-Star

Wow, wow, wow, more blockbusters.

Baron Davis for Greg Oden and Joel Pryzbilla

T-Mac for Rudy Fernandez

Banned

What's the online franchise like in here? Can you play multiple seasons, or just one?

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Finally settled on playing with the Wizards in Association mode. John Wall is a beast and Arenas is nasty in the game as well. Blatche is good as well, Hinrich is kind of sucking it up for me. Overall though i like playing with this team a lot. Hopefully i don't get bored with this and go back to just playing the my player mode.
    Got bored of the Wizards. Finally settled on the Bucks.

My starting 5 is:
    Brandon Jennings
    Lance Stephenson
    John Salmons
    Corey Maggette
    Andrew Bogut

Bench:
    Michael Redd
    Willie Warren
    Drew Gooden

i'm 4-4 right now. Have lost 4 in a row. However, trading for Lance Stephenson was great, he is incredible in this game. Right now hes averaging 22, 7 and 7. He's already had 2 triple doubles, he's been nice as hell. Gooden is useless, Redd is averaging almost 20ppg off the bench. Bogut's offense is bad so far.

How are online leagues in 2K11? PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe8
    Tell Me why , im on my 4th season and You wont beleive whos on the Free Agency Market?

This with Warriors
    --
    Amare efin stoudemire!
    Monta Ellis!

Both rated 90
    ------------

And I guess when you come to your 4th season , its pretty easy to get All-Star caliber players.

Tell me why I ended up wit

John Wall
    Paul Pierce
    Carmelo Anthony
    Ekpe Udoh - Rated 89!!!
    Dwight Howard!!!
    ---
    6 - Glen Davis
    7 - James Posey
    8 - I 4got cuz when i acquired those 4 I was like SCREW THIS. it got boring..

my record started like 36-0 and the Mavs beat us.. ( I know out of all the teams)

I got each All-star's year by year, it took me a lot of Player sacrifices.
    you clearly adjusted the contracts...You have around 3-4 max contracts and that doesn't work

Saw a basketball once adamikuno's Avatar

Default NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Most everyone realizes Kobe is past his prime. Hes a step slower, hes dealing with multiple injuries, his numbers have dropped dramatically. Hes still better than 99 of NBA players. Any team except maybe Miami would be crazy not to trade for him if the deal was on the table. No ones bashing Bryant yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyOrton
    How are online leagues in 2K11? PS3
    not bad since after that patch

Had a good roster but fcked up a couple of trades. I had Al Horford but traded him away, don't know why. I play really uptempo. I hardly play in a halfcourt set and when I do I get buckets thanks to Amar'e. Don't really need a center but have a solid big man rotation. Regret trading away Bill Walker, Terrence Williams and Landry Fields. Especially Williams, going to try to get him back later. Used him to get OJ Mayo. I won't trade Mayo, Chandler or Amar'e.

After three games with the Knicks in this mode (3-0) this is my roster:

PG: Jrue Holiday / Lance Stephenson (play him at the 1) / Acie Law
    SG: OJ Mayo / Arron Afflalo / JJ Redick
    SF: Wilson Chandler / Dorrell Wright / DeMarre Carroll
    PF: Amar'e Stoudemire / Ekpe Udoh / Tyler Hansbrough
    C: Greg Oden / Nene

Banned

Started an association to try and revive the 76ers. After some trade magic this is what I came up with. I want this team to be an overall balanced team with guys who can play multiple positions with a lot of frontcourt depth.

1. Jrue Holiday/Sherod Collins - Lou Williams is a good backup and can score in bunches when he gets hot but I needed someone who wouldn't dominate the ball as much since I have Evan Turner playing PG mostly when Holiday is on the bench.

2. Evan Turner/Chris Douglas-Roberts - Turner is going to be the star of this team so I needed to get rid of Igoudala to give him that role. Douglas-Roberts was acquired in a trade with Milwaukee to give me some scoring off of the bench.

3. Gerald Wallace/Thaddeus Young/Darington Hobson - G Wall is a great defender that can get to the line and rebound. He also can shoot the 3 which helps when Holiday or Turner is penetrating or I posting up with my bigs. Thad Young is a great sixth man and is an overall solid player. Hobson was just used to make salaries match but he is a decent 3 point shooter.

4. Antawn Jamison/Tim Duncan/Darnell Jackson - I originally got Jamison and Varejao from Cleveland by trading Lou Williams and Elton Brand. I know Jamison is old, but he provides rebounding with good 3 point shooting and he has a pretty decent post up game on here. I got Timmy by trading Iggy for him earlier in the season (I know the Spurs are idiots )

5. Tim Duncan/Samuel Dalembert/Tony Battie/Hassan Whiteside (res.) - I desperately needed a low post scorer that can defend the paint and rebound and who better than the Big Fundamental? I know he is old, but he is still very effective. I had Varejao, but he didn't want to play a bench role so I traded him to Sacramento for Dalembert and the young rookie Hassan Whiteside and a 1st Round Pick (I know the Kings are idiots ) I don't need my bench bigs to be a scoring threat I just need them to defend and rebound which Dalembert is very good at. He also has only 1 year left on his contract which gives me some leverage in case I need to trade for another big.

We are currently a league best 24-2 and #1 in power rankings our 2 losses coming from Atlanta and Cleveland (yes you read that correctly. Mo Williams had a career night he was like Jordan incarnated out there) *On a side note the Spurs are somehow 22-4 and apparently Iggy wants out lol

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Needs a bump.

My second yr with NJ, new rosters, draft class

PG: D-Will/Farmer/Vujacic
    SG: Affallo/Bellini/Vujacic
    SF: Gallo/Battier/Morrow
    PF: Sullinger/Wright
    C: Lopez/Plumlee

I basically traded Dominque James and like 2 1st rounders for Gallo(one future)
    I drafted Sullinger with my 1st overall pick
    Signed Affallo and Battier to good contracts. Both are great players.. Battier lock down defender and Affallo is a good defender who's extremely sufficicent.

My team is beasting right now.. Good mix of everyting, balanced, good shooting, good size. And I have a nice bench mob.

3-time NBA All-Star

I recently started a Miami Heat association.... 12 min quarters, no trade override, Hall-of-Fame difficulty, injuries on.... ya know, the works.

I traded Bosh/Chalmers for Odom/Bynum, Miller for Dorell Wright, and signed my generic defensive big-man I created a while back and always forget to delete until after i started an association (Boomer Newton) Also, somewhere along the line I was able to trade for Aaron Aflalo.... don't really remember the exact trade.

I also acquired a bunch of 2nd rounders, which I combined with my 2011 1st rounder to move up to the 21st pick, and I grabbed a slashing SG (Kirkland).... and signed Mike Taylor to the minimum in the offseason, and will likely build him up to be a solid back-up PG.

PG: Wade/Bibby/Taylor
    SG: Afflalo/Kirkland/House
    SF: James/Wright/Jones
    PF: Odom/Haslem
    C: Bynum/Newton/Ilgauskas

I won 61 games the first season... currently on pace for 62 games. As of now, my plan is to resign Odom in the offseason as a 6th man, and promote Boomer to the starting PF spot. He's 6'11" and a good rebounder, and a great big-defender and shot blocker with good hands.

What do ya think

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Needs a bump.

My second yr with NJ, new rosters, draft class

PG: D-Will/Farmer/Vujacic
    SG: Affallo/Bellini/Vujacic
    SF: Gallo/Battier/Morrow
    PF: Sullinger/Wright
    C: Lopez/Plumlee

I basically traded Dominque James and like 2 1st rounders for Gallo(one future)
    I drafted Sullinger with my 1st overall pick
    Signed Affallo and Battier to good contracts. Both are great players.. Battier lock down defender and Affallo is a good defender who's extremely sufficicent.

My team is beasting right now.. Good mix of everyting, balanced, good shooting, good size. And I have a nice bench mob.
    Actually a very well balanced squad right there. Really the only thing you're missing is a wing that can create his own shot off the dribble. Other than that, you're pretty much set for the present and future.