Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Gotham City Imposters (PSN/XBLA/Steam)

Anyone playing this? Just downloaded it today, put a little bit of time into it. It's an online first person shooter, but with a lot of crazy stuff going on. I've had fun with it so far, and it's only $15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v1qrY0ctPY

Default Re: Gotham City Imposters (PSN/XBLA/Steam)

I think I'm going to get it. I noticed it has achievements worth 1000G

Played the free trial and its fun. I gotta get used to the controls only having played 1 time and forgetting the tutorial at the start. But I think I might buy this for $15. Only played TDM. Gotta try the other game modes. Some high level guys on this thing.

NBA lottery pick

I haven't even looked at the achievements to be honest. I've usually stuck to team death match. Fumigation is cool, plays kind of like domination. Matches tend to be too quick though. Psych Warfare is interesting, I actually should play that one more.

Only 200 achievements not 1000G, they had the wrong info on xbox achiev

what loadouts are you using?

dawn patrol with i believe rapid fire
    persuader
    body armor
    grapple gun (not sure what else is better)

I guess there are perks... wallflower (off enemy radar), marksmen (bullets do more damage), eagle eye (see folks on radar)

So much crap to use I generally stay with one thing. Tried a different assult rifle it was 3 rd burst. Left it alone.

Level 15. How many levels are there?
    Last edited by GOBB; 03-11-2012 at 07:28 PM.

NBA lottery pick

According to the wiki there's 100 levels per rank, with ten ranks total. There's some serious grind in this game, I'd be surprised if I get to 100. I think I'm at 37 now.
    http://gothamcityimposters.wikia.com/wiki/Combat_levels

When I first started I mainly used the Dawn patrol. I also really abused the motion sensor and targeting goggles. Seems like people rarely use either anymore. The Bear-Stalker was also used alot initially, but that's also died down a bit.

My Current most used Class:
    Deep freezer
    gatekeeper
    Care Package
    Glider Rig
    Wallflower
    Mad Bomber

The Deep Freezer pretty inconsistent, but I'm getting better with it. It's fun to use when your doing well, you can really rack up points with it.

I hope they do something about that sword though, that plus ninja smoke bomb can be frustrating to play against.

I need practice on Deep Freezer, I suck using it. I'm abusing the hell out of the motion sensor since you mentioned it.

I like Fumigation now, its sorta like Domination. Used to do TDM solely. Not I'm digging both game modes. The other game mode with the Battery is tough.

I cant stop using Dawn Patrol, gotta be a better gun(s).

Game starting to get addicting for me.
    Last edited by GOBB; 03-13-2012 at 10:55 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I need practice on Deep Freezer, I suck using it. I'm abusing the hell out of the motion sensor since you mentioned it.

I like Fumigation now, its sorta like Domination. Used to do TDM solely. Not I'm digging both game modes. The other game mode with the Battery is tough.

I cant stop using Dawn Patrol, gotta be a better gun(s).

Game starting to get addicting for me.
    The deep freezer isn't a great gun, I just like using it. I'm surprised at how few people use motion sensor and targeting goggles. I had the top score one match with 1 kill and 52 assists. Huge advantage to see people through walls the entire match.

You should give the sub-machine guns a shot, I prefer them to the rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    The deep freezer isn't a great gun, I just like using it. I'm surprised at how few people use motion sensor and targeting goggles. I had the top score one match with 1 kill and 52 assists. Huge advantage to see people through walls the entire match.

You should give the sub-machine guns a shot, I prefer them to the rifles.
    Yeah I'm gonna set up a sub machine gun class. Any reccommendations?

Also I get crazy high assists with the motion sensor. Its hilarious. I never used the targetting goggles. Gonna give those a try. Didnt know such a thing existed.

Wait I've been in matches where players have been highlighted. I thought it was a graphic glitch but I guess that is someone using targetting goggles? Those are like the recon drone then.

Do you know if you can play in parties? If so, next time we're both on lets party up. I think I run into parties when I play stuff like Psyche Warfare which I hate but I'm trying to win on each map to unlock achievement.

Im using targetting goggles now. How exactly do they work? I hit LB and just lock onto enemy. Thats it? I dont have to press anything or lock on them for an extended period of time?

Also I believe Wallflower perk counters them. I use that.

Rocking with the Gatekeeper and penetration ammo which to me helps me kill guys with armor quicker.

NBA lottery pick

Im using targetting goggles now. How exactly do they work? I hit LB and just lock onto enemy. Thats it? I dont have to press anything or lock on them for an extended period of time?

Also I believe Wallflower perk counters them. I use that.

Rocking with the Gatekeeper and penetration ammo which to me helps me kill guys with armor quicker.
    With the targeting goggles you'll see a red circle when you start locking on to them, then they'll light up and show through walls for a short while. It's why I usually use wallflower on my classes.

Starting using the nimble body type with a silenced gatekeeper, roller skates and wallflower. Been doing real well with it, gives you the speed to run right up on guys.

NBA lottery pick

Do you know if you can play in parties? If so, next time we're both on lets party up. I think I run into parties when I play stuff like Psyche Warfare which I hate but I'm trying to win on each map to unlock achievement.
    I imagine you can, I'd be down for it.

I got the hang of targetting goggles. I didnt realize you could target them thru walls, buildings, far away. You could camp in a nice area and lock on. You wont get much action but it helps a team. I kind of like the grapple tho even tho I never use it to kill people. I should try out the glider rig.

I didnt like the spring shoes very much.

NBA lottery pick

Bump. Anyone else playing this game?

Man kung the jackhammer is KILLER. You can mow people down with that thing. I'm thinking about using a mega huge character but I hate not being able to move around. Using the medium guy for now but that jackhammer is insane. Also helping me gain more XP to level up.