Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default Football/soccer all-time draft tournament(organized matchups)

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I will post each match-up , everyone votes , a match-up finishes when the total amount of votes for that match-up reaches [COLOR="Blue"]9[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Troll votes will not be counted. Example Budadii[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Please post the name of your vote in Bold [/COLOR]

Due to blablabla not posting his formation/tactics he is disqualified , Bosnian Sajo will go up against RagaZ and b1imtf and EnoughSaid's matchup will be counted as a first round matchup

b1imtf beat EnoughSaid last match-up

Imagine beat Andrew Wiggins

Dunksby beat kc16 (5-4)

Overdrive beat Kobesfinger (5-0)

Waseem780 beat Trollsmasher (5-0)

Bosnian Sajo beat RagaZ (5-0)

alenleomessi beat Mr Clutch Melo (5-0)

Jasi beat kurple (5-2)
    Last edited by waseem780; 03-14-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Default Re: Football/soccer all-time draft tournament(organized matchups)

Here they are [COLOR="SeaGreen"]So far , Wiggins 4 , Imagine 2 , finishes when we get in 10 votes[/COLOR]

ANDREW WIGGINS

Dida
    Wim Suurbier - Vincent Kompany - Ruud Krol - Marcelo
    Lothar Matthaus - Arturo Vidal
    Figo - Raul - Ze Roberto
    Romario

Manager - Johan Cruyff

while cruyff favors the 4-3-3, I think his total football approach would work fine in a 4-2-3-1 given the players at his disposal. for the cb pairing, i believe kompany and krol would compliment each other well. kompany would be the brute who dominates in the air and with his physical strength while krol would lead the line and distribute out of the back with passes into the midfield and precise, defense-splitting long balls over the top of defense. marcelo and suurbier would alternate bombing the flanks and constantly provide overlapping runs and bolster the attack.

matthaus would break up play, distribute the ball all over the wings, and provide a shield for the cbs. vidal would function in the box to box role and help matthaus command the midfield. vidal’s knack for scoring goals from distance and popping up around the box would keep defenders occupied.

ze roberto would provide excellent service down the left flank and fine coverage defensively. this would allow marcelo to overlap as he pleases without having to worry about being exposed on that side of the pitch. figo, raul, and romario would constantly rotate in and out of their positions and be a nightmare for defenders to deal with because of their amazing interplay. goals, goals, and more goals.

my team doesn't have the flashiest names but i think they all would play well off each other and have the versatility to excel in total football.

IAMGINE

Manager - Marcello Lippi

Team is found on the idea of possession and heavy passing philosophy. Kind of like Tiki Taka but with the focus on attack. So maybe more like total football but not quite. Anyways, Lippi will figure it out, why else would he be hired eh?

Offensive - Offense should be somewhat okay with the trio of Best - Puskas - Messi.

Midfield - The star of the team. Gianni Rivera was a genius playmaker and perhaps the best passer of all time. Kinda forgotten so look him up. Didi was the brain of Brazil's 4-2-4 formation, the man Pele admired so much he said Didi's better than him. Look guys, Pele's an emotional guy so he exaggerates a lot. Busquets is a little bitch, but no one can deny his great passing and offensive/defensive impact. Anyways, the midfield is built like Barca, but better passing and less boring.

Defensive - Two overlapping backs in Santos and Maicon. Maicon needs no introduction but Santos is highly regarded as the greatest left wing back of all time. I personally think it's Roberto Carlos but whatever. Scirea and Figueroa, two of the most highly regarded defender of all time.

GK - Chilavert though, man a GK who takes FK and penalty as well as captaining his team. What an alpha. A personal favorite. He was heroic for his country and I'm still sad about that asshole french Laurent Blanc for not letting it get to penalty kick.

Last edited by waseem780; 03-11-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Iamgine has the better attack and better defense, don't like his midfield much but it isn't going to stop him from beating Andrew's kompany
    Last edited by Bosnian Sajo; 03-11-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Wiggins' team has two great central midfielders in Vidal and Matthaus. He also has a very well rounded attack with play makers and goal scorers.

Iamgine's team has a unstoppable front 3 , midfield is great overall but compared to the rest , I don't think that will cut it for him.

Extremely tough call but going with Andrew Wiggins
    Last edited by waseem780; 03-11-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

That front 3 for imagine are amazing, but other than that his team doesn't really stand out. Wiggins overall has the better squad that's more balanced and great in every area.

So my vote goes for Andrew Wiggins

In every area?

Iamgine's defense >>>>>>> Wiggin's D

Why are we voting without giving Imagine a chance to give his tactics?

This isn't a race. These votes don't count until Imagine gives us his tactics. His team is much better on paper

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Why are we voting without giving Imagine a chance to give his tactics?

This isn't a race. These votes don't count until Imagine gives us his tactics. His team is much better on paper
    He has had more than enough time, everyone else got it done and he cant? But he can participate in the current draft going on, right? gtfo, this is exactly why I said to finish this up before starting another draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    In every area?

Iamgine's defense >>>>>>> Wiggin's D
    At first glance yes , but when I read through it , Wiggins explains how he actually has 6-7 players defending , while Imagine hasn't written his tactics so I can only guess his back 4 + DMF are defending.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Wiggins has a strong and balanced midfield, Figo and Raul are great up front with Romario up front, I like it going against iamgine defense. However iamgine attack seems like it will give any team trouble. Messi alone will give anyteam trouble along with Best. I think wiggins defense is solid enough that it should be able to contain Messi, but with Messi in his prime with Puskas, Rivera and Best it is a lot to slow down. I'll give the slight edge to iamgine.
    Last edited by kc16; 03-11-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Manager - Marcello Lippi

Team is found on the idea of possession and heavy passing philosophy. Kind of like Tiki Taka but with the focus on attack. So maybe more like total football but not quite. Anyways, Lippi will figure it out, why else would he be hired eh?

Offensive - Offense should be somewhat okay with the trio of Best - Puskas - Messi.

Midfield - The star of the team. Gianni Rivera was a genius playmaker and perhaps the best passer of all time. Kinda forgotten so look him up. Didi was the brain of Brazil's 4-2-4 formation, the man Pele admired so much he said Didi's better than him. Look guys, Pele's an emotional guy so he exaggerates a lot. Busquets is a little bitch, but no one can deny his great passing and offensive/defensive impact. Anyways, the midfield is built like Barca, but better passing and less boring.

Defensive - Two overlapping backs in Santos and Maicon. Maicon needs no introduction but Santos is highly regarded as the greatest left wing back of all time. I personally think it's Roberto Carlos but whatever. Scirea and Figueroa, two of the most highly regarded defender of all time.

GK - Chilavert though, man a GK who takes FK and penalty as well as captaining his team. What an alpha. A personal favorite. He was heroic for his country and I'm still sad about that asshole french Laurent Blanc for not letting it get to penalty kick.

raep tiem

Tough call but I'm going with Wiggins.

Thanks iamgine for posting !

I just look at Wiggins' team and I don't think his team is better than mine in any position other than DMC and that's because of Matthaus.

So of course everyone should vote for him

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I just look at Wiggins' team and I don't think his team is better than mine in any position other than DMC and that's because of Matthaus.

So of course everyone should vote for him
    I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up winning its pretty even