Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Donatas Motiejunas

What can you guys tell me about this guy? i dont really have any means (that i know of) to watch this guy play so i have to rely on scouting reports and youtube videos

Raps, Jazz, and UCONN rosonviyavong's Avatar

Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Toni Kukoc

yeah i think he's like Kukoc too, but have to improve is shooting skills a bit.
    I think is more athletic than him, can drive to the basket very well. It's a nice prospect.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I've seen 1 game of him, the Nike Hoop Summit over the summer. The only thing that sticks for me is that the dude runs like a gazelle and looked to have a nice feel for off ball movement. Looked kind of confused with the ISO defense we see so much of nowadays.

The top pick or 2nd pick- he is like kukoc except will do it from the pf or even c spot eventually- just more skilled and athletic than 7 footers usually come

I'm convinced this guy is one of the top prospects ever- I think by the draft he is the top ranked prospect, the best european prospect ever, and the most skilled 7 ft prospect in draft history

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    The top pick or 2nd pick- he is like kukoc except will do it from the pf or even c spot eventually- just more skilled and athletic than 7 footers usually come

I'm convinced this guy is one of the top prospects ever- I think by the draft he is the top ranked prospect, the best european prospect ever, and the most skilled 7 ft prospect in draft history
    well well, slow down your horses pal, he's for sure very talented fella, has a very nice shooting touch and some silky post moves at the PF spot, but to proclaim him the best european prospect ever is a bit stretching, don't you think His defense is still very much a liability and he lacks upper body strenght to effectively finish arround the basket. If he can somehow condition his body for NBA, he will do just fine, otherwise he could be just another Darko...

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    well well, slow down your horses pal, he's for sure very talented fella, has a very nice shooting touch and some silky post moves at the PF spot, but to proclaim him the best european prospect ever is a bit stretching, don't you think His defense is still very much a liability and he lacks upper body strenght to effectively finish arround the basket. If he can somehow condition his body for NBA, he will do just fine, otherwise he could be just another Darko...

You're right its too early, that's why I said by draft time- you're also right that his body isn't ready, so maybe I am assuming too much that he will get there- I just think he might be the best- atleast along with wall and bradley

Moteijunas is like a 7'0 SF, much like Dirk. He has incredible skills and coordination for a guy that height, and seems like an intelligent and good-natured kid (unlike a certain European Detroit Pistons #2 pick).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MBYJ-w7k
    This is a video that kind of demonstrates what he is. Not a spectacular dunker or dominant shotblocker, but the skills and natural scoring ability at 7'0 make him a commodity.

The kid will need to bulk up and toughen up to reach his full potential as an NBA PF, but barring an unbelievable college season by someone other than John Wall, or an injury to Donatas himself, he will most likely join Wall in being drafted in the top 2 based on their extremely high ceilings.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    Moteijunas is like a 7'0 SF, much like Dirk. He has incredible skills and coordination for a guy that height, and seems like an intelligent and good-natured kid (unlike a certain European Detroit Pistons #2 pick).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MBYJ-w7k
    This is a video that kind of demonstrates what he is. Not a spectacular dunker or dominant shotblocker, but the skills and natural scoring ability at 7'0 make him a commodity.

The kid will need to bulk up and toughen up to reach his full potential as an NBA PF, but barring an unbelievable college season by someone other than John Wall, or an injury to Donatas himself, he will most likely join Wall in being drafted in the top 2 based on their extremely high ceilings.
    Pretty much every scouting report if read painted donatas in the way you have. He seems to be a good dribbler with a very good first step and can shoot the three and can also play in the post. I just wish i could watch more of his game, but i guess i really cant right now. If all the scouting reports are accurate he would fit Rambis's system perfectly!

Banned

NBA fans are crazy and delusional when it comes to anything and everything related to European basketball. They really need to STFU about European ball already. Motiejunas has all the tools, but he is soft, arrogant, has a poor work ethic, and puts himself above his teams. He also helps contribute losses rather than wins.

Calling him the greatest European prospect ever is so insulting that words cannot even describe it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    Pretty much every scouting report if read painted donatas in the way you have. He seems to be a good dribbler with a very good first step and can shoot the three and can also play in the post. I just wish i could watch more of his game, but i guess i really cant right now. If all the scouting reports are accurate he would fit Rambis's system perfectly!
    Pekovic is far better then him.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Pekovic is far better then him.
    that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    NBA fans are crazy and delusional when it comes to anything and everything related to European basketball. They really need to STFU about European ball already. Motiejunas has all the tools, but he is soft, arrogant, has a poor work ethic, and puts himself above his teams. He also helps contribute losses rather than wins.

Calling him the greatest European prospect ever is so insulting that words cannot even describe it.
    Dude, you seriously should reconsider your talent evaluation skills...the crap you are spouting on this forum about euro ball and it's propects is really astounding so to speak Motiejunas certainly isn't SOFT, as you described him - he plays hard, his body is simply not made for banging under the basket ala Howard's or Shaq's of this world...His arrogance is your personal opinion, I'd call him confident fella more than arrogant, he believes in himself and is not chickening in tough situations...you clearly have no clue about his game though, so stop pretending that you do and go back to your basement where you came from..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Dude, you seriously should reconsider your talent evaluation skills...the crap you are spouting on this forum about euro ball and it's propects is really astounding so to speak Motiejunas certainly isn't SOFT, as you described him - he plays hard, his body is simply not made for banging under the basket ala Howard's or Shaq's of this world...His arrogance is your personal opinion, I'd call him confident fella more than arrogant, he believes in himself and is not chickening in tough situations...you clearly have no clue about his game though, so stop pretending that you do and go back to your basement where you came from..
    You are simply a liar. You obviously have NEVER seen him play EVER.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    that would be awesome
    What do you mean that would be awesome? Are you joking? Pekovic IS WAY better than Motiejunas.