Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Who's better?: Nets vs Clipper?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    He can't stop Hump apparently.

14.5/12.5 on 58% and Kris is 4-3 vs. Griffin on NJ.
    2011-2012 Nets record: 22-44.
    2011-2012 Clippers record: 40-26.

Or an example.
    I typo you made a typo? Don't get it but WHATEVER!

I kind of like the Nets fans are mixing it up with everyone. Brooklyn Anger. Very retro...

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    They have nice potential but I agree THIS year they are in for a rude awakening with expectations like this. I also agree that in the west Nets would be a 7-8 seed at best this first year. Clippers got the 5 seed, 1 back from the 3 seed last year in their first year together, in the west. As I said this question is a joke. Similar to the Grizzlies to Cavs comparison that wasn't as big of a hit.
    Who has what expectations exactly?
    I wasn't aware a casual fan or two in ISH spoke for all fans and their expectations.

Me... 45-50 wins, 1st or 2nd round exit.

Yours for LA are what?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I typo you made a typo? Don't get it but WHATEVER!

I kind of like the Nets fans are mixing it up with everyone. Brooklyn Anger. Very retro...
    It was a joke Niko... geeshh.. did you lose your sense of humor since I was here last? You gotta leave these parts.

2011-2012 Nets record: 22-44.
    2011-2012 Clippers record: 40-26.
    thanks, most people can read standings.. not everyone looks up head to head.
    I was replying to those that wondered how BK could stop Griffin, but it seems Griffin should worry about stopping Hump and the Nets who have a winning record against him.

Who has what expectations exactly?
    I wasn't aware a casual fan or two in ISH spoke for all fans and their expectations.

Me... 45-50 wins, 1st or 2nd round exit.

Yours for LA are what?
    2nd round exit at worst, pretty good shot for WCF for the Clippers. 45-50 wins would give the Nets a top 3 turnaround in win differential in NBA history last I checked along with Kidd's Nets and Nash's Suns. Bottom line is... winning 40 (which is playoffs in east usually) would be a great improvement for the Nets. Lopez and Humphries don't seem to have good synergy at all and we have to see if Joe bounces back because he's been a no show when it counts the last few seasons.

It was a joke Niko... geeshh.. did you lose your sense of humor since I was here last? You gotta leave these parts.
    Be funny. I laugh. Not Be Funny. I no laugh.

IM BROOKLYN DAMNIT! IM ALL ABOUT THE VIOLENCE AND THE TOUGHNESS OF NY! I WEAR BLACK AND WHITE ONLY...COLORS ARE FOR WOMEN!

thanks, most people can read standings.. not everyone looks up head to head.
    I was replying to those that wondered how BK could stop Griffin, but it seems Griffin should worry about stopping Hump and the Nets who have a winning record against him.
    My point was.... H2H by either players or teams doesn't mean dick in opposite conferences. Not sure what QRich was saying but this thread is obviously an insult to the Clippers. When the Clippers won 19 games I wouldn't have made a thread about them vs the Lakers just because they added a nice player (who isn't an all star anymore). Basically they retained their players and traded for JJ who's been declining and all the sudden expect 20-30 win turnaround? Nets will be very nice for the next 5+ years but I know first hand that it takes time to really build something. Can't expect immediate turnaround from adding a player like Johnson. Add a Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Chris Paul (win percentage wise he's up there) who have 3 of the best team turnarounds in NBA history who impact the game on every level sure.

2nd round exit at worst, pretty good shot for WCF for the Clippers. 45-50 wins would give the Nets a top 3 turnaround in win differential in NBA history last I checked along with Kidd's Nets and Nash's Suns. Bottom line is... winning 40 (which is playoffs in east usually) would be a great improvement for the Nets. Lopez and Humphries don't seem to have good synergy at all and we have to see if Joe bounces back because he's been a no show when it counts the last few seasons.
    This team has almost no resemblance to last year's team. 40 wins would be a major disappointment.
    Any sort of avatar bet you want to make?
    You think they win 40 games is it?

My point was.... H2H by either players or teams doesn't mean dick in opposite conferences. Not sure what QRich was saying but this thread is obviously an insult to the Clippers. When the Clippers won 19 games I wouldn't have made a thread about them vs the Lakers just because they added a nice player (who isn't an all star anymore). Basically they retained their players and traded for JJ who's been declining and all the sudden expect 20-30 win turnaround?
    They bear almost no resemblance to last year's team.

The only players that played over 40 games....

D.Will / Gaines
    Morrow / Brooks
    Stevenson
    Humphries / Jordan W.
    Sehelden W. / Petro

Lopez - 5 games
    G.Wallace - 16 games

Compared to this year

D.Will / Watson / Taylor
    JJ / Brooks / Bogans
    G.Wallace / Childress / Shengelia
    Humphries / Teletovic / Evans
    Lopez / Blatche

See the differences?

This team has almost no resemblance to last year's team. 40 wins would be a major disappointment.
    41 over under. You say over, he says under, 41 is the push. I am the witness. Both cut your hands and drip the blood on your pc to make it official. One month avi bet.

They bear almost no resemblance to last year's team.

The only players that played over 40 games....

D.Will / Gaines
    Morrow / Brooks
    Stevenson
    Humphries / Jordan W.
    Sehelden W. / Petro

Lopez - 5 games
    G.Wallace - 16 games

Compared to this year

D.Will / Watson / Taylor
    JJ / Brooks / Bogans
    G.Wallace / Childress / Shengelia
    Humphries / Teletovic / Evans
    Lopez / Blatche

See the differences?
    You do know Lopez coming back is a positive but the fact he played 5 games with stress related injuries is a huge negative. It's not like someone ran into him and he had a freakish injury. His foot snapped from his own weight.

41 over under. You say over, he says under, 41 is the push. I am the witness. Both cut your hands and drip the blood on your pc to make it official. One month avi bet.
    Hell yeah!!!
    Count me in!

You down Clippersfan86?

I didn't say 40 max, I said 40 is a more realistic goal, I'd say 42 max. Your starting 5 by the end of last season if healthy and not tanking would have had 4 of the same starters bro. Lopez had the foot injuries or w/e but was still your center. Wallace was acquired in a trade before trade deadline. Deron was your starting PG. Humphries was your starting PF. Marshon Brooks was your best bench player along with Gerald Green. What's changed drastically? Green is with the Pacers, Johnson was brought in but the core of your team is still identical pretty much.

You do know Lopez coming back is a positive but the fact he played 5 games with stress related injuries is a huge negative. It's not like someone ran into him and he had a freakish injury. His foot snapped from his own weight.
    Yeah.. I know... it's the only concern I really have right now about the team reaching 50 games and the 2nd round. I still think they could win 41 games without him. Are you trying to steer me away from the bet?