Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Really the "Orlando Magic" didn't do anything. The owner did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    They don't have to be. The reasons for marriage are to gain protection through the state. There is a separation of church & state. Which is why there are plenty of marriages done without religion involved in any way now. Marriage used to be purely religious, it is no longer that way. Religion should no longer be allowed to rule marriages.

Mate, marriage arose in the first place due to the fundamental, distinctive dynamic of the opposite sexes. Religion provided the guidelines, but Ma Nature provided the necessity.

There is absolutely no POINT to a same sex marriage, mate! It's a silly notion, and queens like you only want it because you have a fetish for sticking it to the right wing faction in your country. Mate if you learned to compromise you'd probably get a lot farther instead of fighting stupid battles for your bloody ego. If you'd drop the whole 'marriage' thing, especially since it's absolutely, utterly unnecessary, you'd probably get some reciprocity on issues that actually are meaningful that others may be stubbornly refusing.

You're too schyoopid to understand there can be compromise and middle ground. The idear of same bloody sex marriage is quite silly, chap. If you were smart you'd use that as a sacrifice to encourage others to meet closer to your side on a real issue of importance. But people like you always take the extreme right or left side of every issue, and with you I suspect it's the left side. I bet there aint even one topic you have moderate views on. You're full on to the left, all day err'day. Why? Because mate you probably don't think rationally. You only see red and blue so you are on autopilot for blue. Show's a lack of intellectual development, mate.

Bloody madness, 'its not fair that a man and a man can't say they're married!' guess what mate, the dynamic in same sex relations aint the same as it is in opposite sex relations. That unique dynamic is the whole bloody antecedent to marriage, ya jackass!
    Last edited by JaggerCommaMick; 08-06-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    I'm assuming that since you're posting here, you support the world-class athletes of the NBA. Does that make you a world-class athlete?

No, but I aint supportin' em with whiny little hissy fits, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    No, but I aint supportin' em with whiny little hissy fits, mate.
    No hissy fit, mate. I'm just saying that the issue of gay marriage's pure existence is a disgrace to this country, mate. We are denying human beings their rights to marriage for no reason, mate. The only reason is "because the bible says so," mate. Which it really doesn't, mate. People just want something to hate, mate. They want something they can oppose and take away from others, mate. Mainly because they have their own insecurities that they want to turn the attention away from, mate. In the bible it is pretty much more of a crime to be rich or fat than to be gay, but people ignore that completely, mate.

Mate, you see what I'm saying, mate?

mate

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Guess it's time for the libs to start vandalizing the Amway Center and degrading the Magic players in public. Man, I love libs! Spineless hypocrites.

Mate, marriage arose in the first place due to the fundamental, distinctive dynamic of the opposite sexes. Religion provided the guidelines, but Ma Nature provided the necessity.

There is absolutely no POINT to a same sex marriage, mate! It's a silly notion, and queens like you only want it because you have a fetish for sticking it to the right wing faction in your country. Mate if you learned to compromise you'd probably get a lot farther instead of fighting stupid battles for your bloody ego. If you'd drop the whole 'marriage' thing, especially since it's absolutely, utterly unnecessary, you'd probably get some reciprocity on issues that actually are meaningful that others may be stubbornly refusing.

You're too schyoopid to understand there can be compromise and middle ground. The idear of same bloody sex marriage is quite silly, chap. If you were smart you'd use that as a sacrifice to encourage others to meet closer to your side on a real issue of importance. But people like you always take the extreme right or left side of every issue, and with you I suspect it's the left side. I bet there aint even one topic you have moderate views on. You're full on to the left, all day err'day. Why? Because mate you probably don't think rationally. You only see red and blue so you are on autopilot for blue. Show's a lack of intellectual development, mate.

Bloody madness, 'its not fair that a man and a man can't say they're married!' guess what mate, the dynamic in same sex relations aint the same as it is in opposite sex relations. That unique dynamic is the whole bloody antecedent to marriage, ya jackass!
    This is where you show your strong inability to understand a person off of a single view, mate. I have no "side." I have no "party." I am a person first. I don't just choose a side because I am "left, right, up, down, democrat, republican, whatever." I decide on an issue because it's how I feel. Don't act like you know me. If there's no big deal, then why not just let the people get married? It doesn't hurt anything and the government can make money off of it.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

I highly doubt this dude is actually British but I'm pretty sure they are notorious for homophobia. So he's either trolling or anti-gay which is just a hilarious position to take these days. Being gay takes a lot of eligible men out of the selection pool you should be thanking them.

3-time NBA All-Star

Maybe they are just trying really hard to keep Howard by appealing to his Christian values?

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Maybe they are just trying really hard to keep Howard by appealing to his Christian values?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Magic trying hard to take the title of worst franchise in sports away from the Clippers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Magic trying hard to take the title of worst franchise in sports away from the Clippers.
    How so, mate? By consistently spending money to compete, making a Finals in the last 5 years, and supporting the preservation of a normal country?

I don't think that's possible.

Good job magic

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

How so, mate? By consistently spending money to compete, making a Finals in the last 5 years, and supporting the preservation of a normal country?
    How many teams have had THREE number 1 picks overall in the last 20 years, and still don't have a ring to show for it? How many teams would allow the coach to throw their star player completely under the bus, and not reprimand him? How many teams could have a top 2 player in the league, and still run at a negative operating income?

Their arena is named after Amway, better known as Scamway.

There aint no point to same sex marriage, mates.

They deserve equal freedoms (which they have - all people are subject to the same guidelines of marrying the opposite sex), equal employment opportunities, and a life free of harassment and intimidation. But mates, what is the bloody point of a same sex marriage?

Mates the point of a straight marriage quite honestly is that a man wants access to a woman's honey jar, and in return she makes him commit to her. It's like an insurance policy for each and it unifies them domestically. Most marriages these days are ending in divorce anyhow, as a result of extended life expectancy, increased opportunities for infidelity, and relaxed viewpoints on the sanctity of the bloody thing anyway. Allowing homosexuals to start marrying each other is frivolous and unnecessary. You know how many spontaneous 'marriages' will result after two mates hook up at Trunks' Rainbow Bar? And how frequently ensuing annulments and divorces will happen? The dynamic aint the same as opposite sex relations, mate. This is an absolutely unnecessary Pandora's box to open up. It's sheer madness. Respect people for who they are but leave the marriage dynamic bloody well alone.

These people only 'want' it because they can't have it, mates. Marriage serves them no purpose. This is just frankly some political attention whorin' to the max. Drives me up the bloody wall.
    Yeah, except for the benefits that a married couple receives. (ICU visitation rights,insurance benefits from spouse's employer, family rates for insurance, family leave if spouse is in need of care, etc...)

How many teams have had THREE number 1 picks overall in the last 20 years, and still don't have a ring to show for it? How many teams would allow the coach to throw their star player completely under the bus, and not reprimand him? How many teams could have a top 2 player in the league, and still run at a negative operating income?

Their arena is named after Amway, better known as Scamway.
    A Knicks fan making fun of other teams?