Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Right now, who is the better overall player: Chris Paul or Rajan Rondo?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    rondo could be the better player and the best point guard in the league by far but he doesn't want to score points. and scoring points is what his team needs the most.
    Bill Simmons is kind of a tool at times, but he recently suggested that this is due to the fact that Rondo's avoiding contact due to fear of going to the line

does anyone watch enough Cs games to get a read on that theory?

Default Re: Right now, who is the better overall player: Chris Paul or Rajan Rondo?

CP3 all day, everyday, and twice on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Bill Simmons is kind of a tool at times, but he recently suggested that this is due to the fact that Rondo's avoiding contact due to fear of going to the line

does anyone watch enough Cs games to get a read on that theory?

I don't watch enough Celtics games to confirm, but I will say that Rondo dominates the ball, plays 38 mpg, and only takes 3 FT's per game. Either he's not looking to score, trying to avoid contact... or getting no love from the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    CP3 all day, everyday, and twice on Sunday.

What's up marny_navis aka Buffalo_bill?

Learning to shoot layups Celtics_18's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I don't watch enough Celtics games to confirm, but I will say that Rondo dominates the ball, plays 38 mpg, and only takes 3 FT's per game. Either he's not looking to score, trying to avoid contact... or getting no love from the refs.
    Combination of not looking to score and avoiding contact really. I really don't think he has the mindset to go hard to the basket and hope for a foul. When he drives it seems like he looks to pass as soon as any kind of help comes, when he could often just toss himself in there and get to the lines.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Right now the Celtics need scoring from Rondo, but he appears disinterested. Time to sacrifice some boards and handoffs for what his team needs most.

Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtics_18
    Combination of not looking to score and avoiding contact really. I really don't think he has the mindset to go hard to the basket and hope for a foul. When he drives it seems like he looks to pass as soon as any kind of help comes, when he could often just toss himself in there and get to the lines.
    Do you guys think his mentality hurting the team? I'm not baiting, just trying to figure out what's going on with this team...pre-season I had them as a clear top 2 seed in conference, and they're about to fall back to .500.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    What's up marny_navis aka Buffalo_bill?
    Please Check my IP address so you can shut the hell up. This is my only account.

Weren't you Durant35 and several other posters? Talk about being mad and contradictory.

Serious playground baller schism206's Avatar

CP3... Rondo's iffy jumpshooting and free throw % are too big to overlook. In the last 2 minutes of games that severely limits your playmaking ability if you're considered "the man". While you could argue CP3's height hurts him in the last 2 minutes of games, I'd feel much more confident in CP3 making something happen than Rondo. He's also too arrogant for his own good.

Learning to shoot layups Celtics_18's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Do you guys think his mentality hurting the team? I'm not baiting, just trying to figure out what's going on with this team...pre-season I had them as a clear top 2 seed in conference, and they're about to fall back to .500.
    I would like to him look for his shot more, but honestly I'm not too worried about that. They'll have a streak of 20 games or so where they play at a 70% clip and they'll finish 3-5th in the conference. I genuinely think the entire team just plays to get through the regular season. People love to write off the Celtics every year, but I can guarantee come playoff time they'll be fine and Rondo will put up some kind of 18-12-7 line.

Please Check my IP address so you can shut the hell up. This is my only account.

Weren't you Durant35 and several other posters? Talk about being mad and contradictory.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

I love Rondo but I have to give Paul the slight edge here. Rondo is more temperamental... can give you big games and can also give you stinkers. Chris Paul is just consistently excellent night in night out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    you are such a great poster, please share more of your greatness with us.

I'm still waiting, brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5pM-m79TLI