Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: OJ Mayo, Tryeke Evans, or DeMar DeRozan: Who will have the best 2013 season

Im hoping it's Mayo. Hes starting on a new team that needs offense from their back court. He's going to have the oppurtunity to score, but hopefully his whole game fills out as well.

Tyreke's position on the kings is still up in the air. They want him at the 3, and he says he doesnt mind playing there, but he still needs to work on aspects of his game that are required from a 3.

Derozan is looking good in preseason right now(preseason i know...) but i have the same hopes for him going into every season. With Bargs healthy and Jonas coming over, I wonder how he'll look this season on both offense and defense.

College superstar

Default Re: OJ Mayo, Tryeke Evans, or DeMar DeRozan: Who will have the best 2013 season

Tyreke is the best one of the three, so I will go with him.

He's the most likely to have the best year.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Reke, if allowed to play his natural position at the pg, but I doubt it. Never had much faith in oj, after seeing what his game really is, in last years playoffs. Derozan has most upside, but he got hurt.

I'm going with derozan.

Tyreke is a natural PG?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Tyreke is a natural PG?
    I'd say he's a natural street ball pg, in the sense that when he gets to the ball, the rest of his teammates wont be seeing it as much, but instead will be subjected to watching flashy handles and crossovers.

Good player, but if he wants to be a pg(which i dont think he should), he needs to change up his game

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    I'd say he's a natural street ball pg, in the sense that when he gets to the ball, the rest of his teammates wont be seeing it as much, but instead will be subjected to watching flashy handles and crossovers.

Good player, but if he wants to be a pg(which i dont think he should), he needs to change up his game

I agree with this. This has been my thought process.

Banned

Tyreke is a natural PG?
    He's horrible off the ball. He has no clue what to do. Yes, given his size, he should be a SG. He just doesn't have that mentality. He's best with the ball in his hands. It would take a great coach like thibideau to give him a defined role and bring out his potential. Putting him at the 3 is a mistake.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    He doesn't have the skill level of the other two, though.
    Yes, but he plays within himself. He was putting up serious numbers before he went down. Mayo and take think their the man. Not good.

He's horrible off the ball. He has no clue what to do. Yes, given his size, he should be a SG. He just doesn't have that mentality. He's best with the ball in his hands. It would take a great coach like thibideau to give him a defined role and bring out his potential. Putting him at the 3 is a mistake.

He doesn't really have to play off the ball to be a 2guard.

I think he and Rose would be good together.

Samurai Swoosh

I think he and Rose would be good together.
    When rotating between taking turns handling the rock ala a mini version of LeBron / Wade? Sure. But neither player can work off the ball. It's a lost art among guards and wings in the league. I really wanted the Bulls to pick him up this summer. He'd be perfect dominating the ball, and playmaking in the absence of Rose. They were rivals in HS, played for the same coach in college ... they might make each other better in practice. I don't know however how great they would be on the floor at the same time. If Reke had a legit jumper and off the ball game, catch and shoot, given his more SG caliber size ... they could be real special together.

IMO Evans has this thing exceptional about him, which is his drives... He could put it to work. I'm hoping.

reke is light years better than both combined

derozan is one of the worst starters in the league, i dont know why people cant see it

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    derozan is one of the worst starters in the league, i dont know why people cant see it
    Blinded by athleticism.

He's a rich man's Gerald Green.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I'm banking on Tyreke's supposed to be improved jumpshot.
    With a jumpshot, he should be pretty hard to guard.

Samurai Swoosh

Yes, but he plays within himself. He was putting up serious numbers before he went down. Mayo and take think their the man. Not good.
    Reke can be the man given the opportunity. That's the difference.

I guess if you want a simple role player, but DeRozan is nothing special.

Reke has proven to be something special, he just needs the confidence from the coaches and a system where he can do his THANG.

Tyreke>Derozan>>Mayo