Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Rumor: 3 Team Trade (CLE-MIN-DET): CLE get #2 too

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

If this goes down then it increases the chances of the Raptors getting Kanter. I assume Minnesota won't be taking him. So I like it. Derek Williams will also be able to stop pretending like he is an SF and play PF in Cleveland.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    If this goes down then it increases the chances of the Raptors getting Kanter. I assume Minnesota won't be taking him. So I like it. Derek Williams will also be able to stop pretending like he is an SF and play PF in Cleveland.
    So, that means JJ Hickson is on his way out?

He averaged 20/12 in the last couple months of the 2011 season... He was seemingly finally 'getting it.'

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sterlingsucks
    Not a bad trade at all, RIP would get to start and get his shots they would have a good squad minus the 5 spot but im sure they will find a way to unload Twan's contract for a big. Not bad Cleveland. Minny though....WTF are you thinking ! more young players...IDK maybe Kanter and a SG or the project Bimoyo just incase they cant resign Randolph. Detroit makes out since they have RIP, Ben and Charlie V killing the cap and Stucky bout to get paid too
    all reports (all based on brousard) make it clear that rip would be bought out and go to chicago or other contender.

also, reports suggest that stuckey does not have a lot of interest around the league and will not be getting a huge contract. but we shall see.

Banned

the only thing im worried about is developing 3 top 10 picks at one time. Williams already thinks hes better than Irving so idk how this goes.

Detroit needs to be receiving a future first for this. Though I don't really see anyone at 8 who will be a real upgrade anywhere. Kawhi Leonard could be a replacement for Prince, but meh.

If I were Joe, and had to do this deal I would push for a Euro-stash from both teams. Sasha Kaun and Nemanja Bjelica would be property of The Pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    the only thing im worried about is developing 3 top 10 picks at one time.
    That is a good problem to have. Look at OKC... Durant, Westbrook, Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Detroit needs to be receiving a future first for this. Though I don't really see anyone at 8 who will be a real upgrade anywhere. Kawhi Leonard could be a replacement for Prince, but meh.

If I were Joe, and had to do this deal I would push for a Euro-stash from both teams. Sasha Kaun and Nemanja Bjelica would be property of The Pistons.
    I don't think the Pistons are in any position to bargain with their financial situation.

Give up the 8th pick just to get rid of Rip (and gain that trade exeption)?
    I didn't know Rip's value was so low really. For Minny and Cleveland this is a great deal, but I don't like it for Detroit. I think they can get more for Rip..

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    That is a good problem to have. Look at OKC... Durant, Westbrook, Harden.
    And how many other times has that worked out and who is the Durant in this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I don't think the Pistons are in any position to bargain with their financial situation.
    I don't think it would too much to ask for The Pistons to ask for those players who may never come over anyway.

Blu Ray

Broussard? Eh, he's just another one of the "throw rumors out there so I can keep my job" guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Give up the 8th pick just to get rid of Rip (and gain that trade exeption)?
    I didn't know Rip's value was so low really. For Minny and Cleveland this is a great deal, but I don't like it for Detroit. I think they can get more for Rip..
    This is the best they can probably get for Rip. His price point its too high for the production he provides.

Is Detroit going to deal the 8th pick to Cleveland with Rip for that $14.5mil TE?

If so, then I probably would rather stick with 1, 4, and 8 as well. The only thing is there has to be more pieces to this deal since its a 3 team deal. Unless Cleveland doesnt think Derrick Williams will fall to 4 (me either) and thats who they also want. Which makes the 3 team deal make more sense as opposed to saying lets just deal with Cleveland.

What exactly is Detroit targetting by giving up the 8th pick for Cleveland TE? Must have a player/free agent in mind or something. Want Iggy?