Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    College star

Default Re: Division III G Jack Taylor drops 138 points

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Again, this was designed. The team he played was horrible.
    So was the Raptors.
    That didn't stop Lakers fans from hailing Kobe's overrated 81 points.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    We shouldn't be talking about this guy. 99% of the world can score an enormous amount of points with that many shot attempts. Let's talk about the player on the opposing team who scored 70 points on 30/44 shooting. that's pretty impressive.
    I think the 70 on 34/44 shooting is fool's gold. Again, per Grinnell's play style, they'll full court trap and look to force a turnover. If they cannot force a turnover, they'll often more or less concede a two point shot. I would presume that bushels full of that guy's 70 were mostly uncontested layups. Grinnell's system operates under the belief that two point buckets are fine, because Grinnell will just end up forcing enough turnovers to shoot way more than them (and make more), with a lot of them being three pointers.

Meanwhile, 138 is 138, with 100+ shots or not. I mean, it's not equal to dropping 100 in an NBA game. But I think shooting 100 shots and making enough to cop 138 would be borderline exhausting, particularly while playing on a team like Grinnell. It's definitely a heck of an accomplishment.

They press and shoot 3s better than anyone in the country at any level of play. Out of the last 19 season's they've led the nation in scoring for 17 of those seasons. Suffice to say, it's a good system.

Taylor averaged 3 points per minute. That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    But I think shooting 100 shots and making enough to cop 138 would be borderline exhausting, particularly while playing on a team like Grinnell. It's definitely a heck of an accomplishment.
    It would undoubtedly be exhausting, and only a conditioned player under that particular system could pull it off. This is one of the best performances ever, on any level, in the history of the game. Most players arms would have fallen off after 70 shots. This kid even under all that fatigue compensated for it and dropped 138. Game over.
    Last edited by LBJFTW; 11-22-2012 at 09:14 PM.