Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast
    Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Jeff Green is a more explosive Danny Granger i think. His build is perfect for the Lebrons/Melo/Deng players. Hes a future allstar without a doubt and is on a team that he can achieve that. Im more excited to see him with Rondo who will gladly get him the ball on the break with Ray in the corner for the 3.

How is his defense? Very athletic just wonder if he can be a very good defender.
    From the years I've been watching him in OKC he has been a very good defender, but just can't match up well against a physical power forward. When he is able to use his size, speed and athletic ability, he is a very good defender.

This is the type of guy the Celts are getting. Boston should be excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCoCdImJHxk
    Last edited by Thunderstruck; 02-26-2011 at 10:15 PM.

GREEN comeing to GREEN boston celtic LMFAO this conspiracey lmao you cant make this stuff up

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo
    GREEN comeing to GREEN boston celtic LMFAO this conspiracey lmao you cant make this stuff up
    So they conspired in 1946 that they would wear the color green because they knew in 2011 that they would trade for a player with the last name Green. Hmmm..... Clever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    I think that Jeff Green is great if used properly. Tweeners like him hardly ever do well when forced to play heavy minutes at the 4. He is coming off the bench for Boston and it's not a bad assumption that he would thrive in that role since he had to defer to Durant and Westbrook in OKC.
    If you think Jeff Green is great, you must really use the word "great" loosely.

Green is a natural SF, IMO. He is a do it all player. He doesn't have any area he truly excels in, but has no real weakness either. He is an upgrade over Daniels, but I still don't think this trade was necessary.

Anytime your team is relying on Jermaine O'Neal to do something, good things aren't going to happen.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinselTime12
    If you think Jeff Green is great, you must really use the word "great" loosely.

Green is a natural SF, IMO. He is a do it all player. He doesn't have any area he truly excels in, but has no real weakness either. He is an upgrade over Daniels, but I still don't think this trade was necessary.

Anytime your team is relying on Jermaine O'Neal to do something, good things aren't going to happen.
    What are we relying on JO for? We already have Shaq, Krstic, KG, and Big Baby over him and will probably sign Powe and maybe Murphy. We aren't really relying on him at all. We can even play Green at the 4 when we want to (although we'll play him mainly at his natural 3 position).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    What are we relying on JO for? We already have Shaq, Krstic, KG, and Big Baby over him and will probably sign Powe and maybe Murphy. We aren't really relying on him at all. We can even play Green at the 4 when we want to (although we'll play him mainly at his natural 3 position).
    Agreed, I'm also was pleasantly surprised with Krstic in his 1st game, I thought he might need more time to adapt, but he already looks pretty good. 9/6 in 20 mins, all 6 rebounds offensive. He isnt defensive monster, but with KG even Baby looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Agreed, I'm also was pleasantly surprised with Krstic in his 1st game, I thought he might need more time to adapt, but he already looks pretty good. 9/6 in 20 mins, all 6 rebounds offensive. He isnt defensive monster, but with KG even Baby looks good.
    Well being traded wasnt gonna take away his size or shooting ability. I think perkins will be injury prone, he's big heavy and already has two bad knees... Didn't he just clash knees and is out for three weeks, his good knee that is. I honestly believe we got the better deal. But OKC did get wat they needed so i think its win/win, the problem is not the fit together and skills of the players traded the biggest problem for boston from this trade will most likely be the big 4's morale loss from the loss of Perk. Which will just take time.

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

Celtics have a game every other day until next Sunday, most being away games.. would be nice to get in a practice for the new guys. Green looked uncomfortable and lost the other day. Hopefully it was just nerves, its still basketball, do your thing.

HeatFan since Decision

This trade is just the Celtic's way of cashing in their chips while they still have value.

They already know Lakers are going to win the championship this year.

Instead of triumphantly battling through the East in the playoffs and coming up short in the Finals against the Lakers yet again, they decided it wasn't worth it this year.

They realized that instead of taking on the Lakers themselves, they could improve one of the teams in the West, and what better team to give the Lakers trouble aside from the OKC Thunder?

Now I know what you Celtic fans are thinking. "How could our beloved franchise do this to us, even AFTER they made such a big deal about how our team is undefeated with Perkins."

But after the smoke clears, Celtics fans, you will realize how horrible your front office is after all.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeFraud Shames
    This trade is just the Celtic's way of cashing in their chips while they still have value.

Instead of triumphantly battling through the East in the playoffs and coming up short in the Finals against the Lakers yet again, they decided it wasn't worth it this year.

They realized that instead of taking on the Lakers themselves, they could improve one of the teams in the West, and what better team to give the Lakers trouble aside from the OKC Thunder?

Now I know what you Celtic fans are thinking. "How could our beloved franchise do this to us, even AFTER they made such a big deal about how our team is undefeated with Perkins."

But after the smoke clears, Celtics fans, you will realize how horrible your front office is after all.

You're an idiot.

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

Christ..... sigh....

HeatFan since Decision

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    You're an idiot.
    You got a better explanation than the one I gave?

Heck, even your own players are shocked with this trade.

I don't understand and agree with the Perkins trade, but neither I think the Lakers will win it all no matter where Perks is playing.

Can the Lakers get past the Spurs without home court advantage? May be... but I will bet on my Celtics if they have the home court advantage against the Lakers.

Celtics traded away Perks probably because of his ailing knees... what if the injury prone Bynum hurts his knee again? Will people say the Lakers front office is dumb?

Wait till the playoff/finals come and we can tell who made a stupid decision.

HeatFan since Decision

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    I don't understand and agree with the Perkins trade, but neither I think the Lakers will win it all no matter where Perks is playing.

Can the Lakers get past the Spurs without home court advantage? May be... but I will bet on my Celtics if they have the home court advantage against the Lakers.

Celtics traded away Perks probably because of his ailing knees... what if the injury prone Bynum hurts his knee again? Will people say the Lakers front office is dumb?

Wait till the playoff/finals come and we can tell who made a stupid decision.
    I don't need to wait until the playoffs come, and get out of here with that Finals crap.

Celtics traded their only valuable chip aside from Rondo, for Paul Pierce's backup.

Simple as that.

I don't need to wait until the playoffs come, and get out of here with that Finals crap.

Celtics traded their only valuable chip aside from Rondo, for Paul Pierce's backup.

Simple as that.
    So, what's your point? Celtics made a risky move but the move makes a lot of sense and not insane as you are thinking. If they think they can compensate Perks' 9 points 9 rebounds per game from somewhere else; and getting 2 healthy players in return, what bad it is?

Don't pretend you know more than Ainge and the Celtics front office.