Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    Yeah but Howard/Bynum get 20 points one on one with Perk, instead of still getting 18-20 points and being double teamed against other teams.

Perk takes them head to head, which means no open shots off double teams. Massive advantage.

Dwight Howard scoring 30 points doesnt impact the game as much as a Kobe or Wade. Shut down the magic 3 ball,limit the other guys and you can beat them just like we beat those Cav teams with Lebron lighting it up.

in the final moments of that Magic game we had Baby and KG in there.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I can tell you that I never felt so worried for the Lakers this season till now. With a great defensive matchup in the frontcourt, OKC is now the biggest threat to the Lakers' potential three-peat. Shit just got serious.

NBA sixth man of the year

This is ****ing stupid. What the **** is Boston thinking? You get another PF behind KG AND Baby.

And now you are left with injury riddled centers like Shaq and J Oneal..

Then throw away your back up bench spark plug scoring PG in Nate.

This move must have been for the long term. It sure as hell doesn't make them any better this season. In fact, it makes them worst.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I'm worried about the Celts frontcourt now. Wtf Celts?

Good for Thunder!

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Three roster spots open still on the Celtics' roster, people. This season isn't in the shitter just yet, though it has the potential to go there real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    This is ****ing stupid. What the **** is Boston thinking? You get another PF behind KG AND Baby.

And now you are left with injury riddled centers like Shaq and J Oneal..

Then throw away your back up bench spark plug scoring PG in Nate.

This move must have been for the long term. It sure as hell doesn't make them any better this season. In fact, it makes them worst.
    Perkins is also injury riddled atm and have you been watching Nate? He kills flow several times a game and he's a tiny tiny man.

thunder has improved big time, now they have a big body to go up against the lakers. I have no idea what the celtics are thinking right now...

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    thunder has improved big time, now they have a big body to go up against the lakers. I have no idea what the celtics are thinking right now...
    Theyre gonna get OKC to the finals against them then perkins is gonna suddenly allow everyone to score at will. Perfect plan...

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Three roster spots open still on the Celtics' roster, people. This season isn't in the shitter just yet, though it has the potential to go there real soon.
    Just read through the entire thread. I understand why the Celtics had to part with Perkins now, but I don't get the Erden part and the Nate part. Erden was playing pretty well for you guys in place of all the injury to the bigs and you get him for cheap.

I always thought Nate was a key guy off the bench as well. There's no way Nenad turns into a defensive force though. I've seen both Bynum and Gasol take turns destroying him season after season in their regular season matchups.

And I didn't realize Green was an SF. So after initially thinking it was a horrible trade, I feel a bit better about it, but like you said, if they stand pat and don't get another defensive big soon (cough Rasheed), then I don't like the move at all.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Just read through the entire thread. I understand why the Celtics had to part with Perkins now, but I don't get the Erden part and the Nate part. Erden was playing pretty well for you guys in place of all the injury to the bigs and you get him for cheap.

I always thought Nate was a key guy off the bench as well. There's no way Nenad turns into a defensive force though. I've seen both Bynum and Gasol take turns destroying him season after season in their regular season matchups.

And I didn't realize Green was an SF. So after initially thinking it was a horrible trade, I feel a bit better about it, but like you said, if they stand pat and don't get another defensive big soon (cough Rasheed), then I don't like the move at all.
    Nate has been nothing but of ineffective the entire season. Marquis has not been able to stay healthy and consistent since we picked him up last year. I hate seeing any of these guys go, but I understand why they were expendable assets.

Its really gonna come down to what Danny does in the next 48 hours when these buyouts start popping up. His ass is on the line more than anyone else right now...this is a championship season on the line.

Decent playground baller sodapop's Avatar

Danny lost his mind! I wonder if the NBA is fake, fixed, staged or Danny is simply off his rocker? Maybe both? Anyway, I'm 100% against this trade. Jeff Green isn't a horrible player. BUT, the Celtics did not need him. Celtics needed Perk more than Jeff Green. The only way I can understand this trade, A: Celtics get Dwight Howard next season B: add Troy Murphy, Rip Hamilton and bring Rasheed out of retirement C: clear cap space, scrap the entire team and rebuild around Rondo within 2 yrs.. Something gotta make sense out of this trade! I'm happy for my Grizzlies but pissed off at my Celtics.. I'm pissed at Danny boy! What a nice way to kill the Celtics morale!

I am your soldier!

Semih hasn't played in like a month in a half, and apparently his injuries are a bigger deal than were let on. He needs the same shoulder surgery that Perk had a few seasons ago, it will be a constant nagging injury like Perk's. On top of that he was a little banged up other than his shoulder.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Looks like the Celts are planning for the future. But woow, Perkins was an important piece. Yeah, they were doing well without him this season, but he was a big who can defend and hustle. I feel like they could've got another decent big.

Why give away Erden too? They must have something planned.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    Shaq won't be asking for any doubles either, though.
    Shaq is gonna take elite bigs one on one for 35-38 mins?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop
    Danny lost his mind! I wonder if the NBA is fake, fixed, staged or Danny is simply off his rocker? Maybe both? Anyway, I'm 100% against this trade. Jeff Green isn't a horrible player. BUT, the Celtics did not need him. Celtics needed Perk more than Jeff Green. The only way I can understand this trade, A: Celtics get Dwight Howard next season B: add Troy Murphy, Rip Hamilton and bring Rasheed out of retirement C: clear cap space, scrap the entire team and rebuild around Rondo within 2 yrs.. Something gotta make sense out of this trade! I'm happy for my Grizzlies but pissed off at my Celtics.. I'm pissed at Danny boy! What a nice way to kill the Celtics morale!
    Celtics needed scoring off the bench and a bench-wing. You can't get something for nothing. Also, people are talking up Perkins like he's Dikembe Mutombo or something?