Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft

Default Re: Draft

I usually hit open layups

ESPN:

"Four players really seemed to catch the attention of the GMs I spoke with after the event, with UCLA's Jrue Holiday garnering the most attention. He was the biggest point guard of the top group and seemed to tower over several of the smaller guys on the floor.
    During one 3-on-2 full-court drill, Holiday looked like a power forward running on the wing. And while his size was impressive, so was his game. He was hitting his jump shot, finishing with both hands and showing versatility and an excellent handle.
    "I was skeptical when I read the report out of IMG about Holiday," one NBA executive said. "Now I get it. That's the kid we fell in love with in high school. He was really impressive."

Jonny Flynn, Ty Lawson, Stephen Curry sit down with the Sixers for interviews...

Ty Lawson, who led North Carolina to the NCAA national championship last spring, and Syracuse's Jonny Flynn both sat down with the Sixers' brass. Stephen Curry of Davidson said yesterday that he expected to do so.

All three are likely to be picked in the first round.
    "I met with them, and I'll probably be working out for them later on in June," Lawson said. "They have a lot of interest in me, so I'll be happy to go there."

The Sixers "fit me real well," he said. "They have athletic wings on the side, and going there could be the best situation for me."
    The interview "went pretty well," said Flynn, who declared for the draft after his sophomore season. "They are an up-and-coming team . . . a team that in the playoffs this year really scared the Orlando Magic. That's a good situation and a good place to go."
    "I'm a point guard who can move over to the 2 if I need to spread the defense," Curry said, referring to the shooting-guard spot. "I can't really say how I'd fit in there."
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...on__Flynn.html

While I'm also not sure how Curry would fit as a ballhandler (though I think he can handle it), his range would be welcomed with arms wide open. Then again, he won't be around at #17 and not sure he would be worth trading up.

His interview is probably not very relevant.
    Last edited by artificial; 05-30-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Friday the Sixers are bringing in for workouts...

1. Ty Lawson
    2. Toney Douglas
    3. Jodie Meeks
    4. Stefon Jackson
    5. Terrence Williams

GOBB, you seeing a lot of sources these days that don't have Holiday in the lottery? ESPN and RealGM now have him as high as 4. Draftexpress has him top 10.

Oh, and Chase Budinger really tested out horribly in the athletic portion of the combine? I guess it was all hype - that 38.5 inch vertical, third best in the draft - hype. Athleticism is not the problem - heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by SixersFan76
    GOBB, you seeing a lot of sources these days that don't have Holiday in the lottery? ESPN and RealGM now have him as high as 4. Draftexpress has him top 10.
    nbadraft.net has him at 24. insidehoops.com at 16.
    Last edited by GOBB; 06-05-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Oh, and Chase Budinger really tested out horribly in the athletic portion of the combine? I guess it was all hype - that 38.5 inch vertical, third best in the draft - hype. Athleticism is not the problem - heart is.
    Arguing with yourself?

Yeah, I guess we'll see whether it's jerk off fans who post personal opinions based on nothing on the two websites you mentioned or professional writers and scouts who write and post for ESPN, RealGM and Draftnetexpress who end up right.

Would you like to take a wager that Holiday goes in the lottery? No, I'm guessing you wouldn't since your post is just more *********gery. Anyone who is anyone is predicting Holiday goes in the lottery and he will go in the lottery, but if you like to make a wager that he won't sack up. Otherwise, what you're doing is again, typical Internet *********gery - you have nothing to add so you pick baseless arguments with other posters or make posts where you state the obvious.

Yeah, I guess we'll see whether it's jerk off fans who post personal opinions based on nothing on the two websites you mentioned or professional writers and scouts who write and post for ESPN, RealGM and Draftnetexpress who end up right.
    You never once cited draftexpress.com until I did. And you only referred to it because they finally moved Jru Holliday UP in thier RECENT mock draft. And I love how you hold realgm in high regard then totally dismiss insidehoops and even nbadraft.net. Why? Oh because it makes your initial claim look silly? What are you 12? I even posted more sources (unlike you which you failed to provide) where Jru Holliday was projected which was lower than what you claimed. Any comment? Of course not. I guess all the LINKS i provided in my first argument fell on blind eyes huh? Huh?

Lets recap for you big mouth...

In fact, most websites, including RealGm, ESPN, *********, etc., have Holiday going in the top 8.
    Most websites tho right and you cite 2.

I provide twice as many and mum is the word. But alas since draftexpress recently updated you wanna add them as one of your "sources". Again are you 12?

Mind your manners kid.

Would you like to take a wager that Holiday goes in the lottery?
    I've already stated he very well could go in the lottery. I guess you missed that post because you were too butt hurt the lack of SITES showing Holliday going TOP 8.

Argument was never "Could Holliday go lottery", it was "Where is Holliday projected" and you claim its a fact he projected top 8. I proven that wrong. Swallow your pride.

No, I'm guessing you wouldn't since your post is just more *********gery.
    My last post just shows how you hold realgm and espn like the bible over two over sites that are similar in nature. Its human beings giving opinions on where these prospect project. Insidehoops is a very popular basketball site. Dont confuse messageboard with site either. Its often used as a reliable source. Yet the mock draft because it doesnt suit your argument is no good.

And nbadraft.net is worthless based on what? NBA comparisons being out of wack? I agree thier NBA comparisons are bad. But how are they not credible again? I'd like to hear. I can provide more sources for you since you only given me 2, errr 3 (since you copy/pasted one i gave to you). But you could be dismissing them with BS if they dont support your argument or saying hey hey lets go with that if they do support your argument. Are you 12?

Anyone who is anyone is predicting Holiday goes in the lottery and he will go in the lottery
    Show me anyone who is anyone saying he is going top 8.

"realgm has him going 4"

And somehow thats credible to you based on?

"Russell Westbrook went 4 last year"

Right in a weak PG class...I'm sure that had zero to do with it.

Let me clue you in to something, posting Internet sources or sites where fans make predictions are about as valuable as the rest of your posts.

Sack up moron and admit that Holiday will go in the lottery and you're a moron and were wrong because you rely on Internet sites written by fans and not on predictions of expert opinions who do this for a living.

Will Holiday go before 17 or not? Answer the question - oh, wait, you know he will and being a moron, you are trying to find irrelevant sources. Any moron can find any number of Internet cites claiming any kind of crazy **** and that's exactly what you're doing because you don't have anything valuable to add and you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Only a moron would equate legitimate reporting with posts of fans on Internet cites and clearly you're a moron - no use arguing with a moron.

Just sit there and read contrarian cites and get into idiotic arguments while waiting upon a star. Legitimate sources all claim Holiday will go in the lottery. He'll go in the lottery and you can cite any number of Internet posts by fans where blue is green and blue is yellow. It will keep you warm and fuzzy at night.

Sack up moron and admit that Holiday will go in the lottery
    I never denied he wouldnt go lottery. I said there is a chance he does end up in the lottery. And about a week or so later I posted about a couple GMs said Holliday stock was rising into the lottery. You're a selective reader. Guess being butt hurt is the cause.

Just admit you were wrong about all these sources (only listed 2) having Holliday projected top 8. espn and realgm. Thats all you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton
    In fact, most websites, including RealGm, ESPN, *********, etc., have Holiday going in the top 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    If you acknowledge realgm then why not nbadraft.net?

Draftexpress.com is a very good source.

cbssports has him at 12

ISH has him at 16

h00pz hipe.com (y instead of i but this board censors that site) has him at 18.

Yahoo has him going 18

Foxsports doesnt have him in thier top 14

I'm not seeing where he is projected top 8 here.
    My argument is projection prior to draft. Where are you getting this idea he is going top 8 on your sources? The kid hasnt even hired an agent.
    Whether Holliday goes lottery or not is up for debate. He could. But I'm not seeing where he is protected top 8. I think you overreacted to what realgm had or something.
    Cant remember what article i read but scouts said Holliday is moving up the draft board.
    Argument was never is Holliday going lottery. Its where is he being projected. You claimed top 8 and had soureces to back it up. I fail to see how a kid is projecred top 8 by your draft bibles realgm/espn and he hasnt hired an agent. If you're assured if being top 8 you hire an agent.

Ben Howland
    What kind of feedback did you get from the general managers?
    ‘’That he was definitely a first round pick. It was wide – some would say 10 to 15, others would say 15 to 25. But a lot of that, you’re seeing who else is going in the draft, and so that changes on a regular basis. Jrue and his family elected to sign a sheet where they will get feedback from the NBA – they have a committee run by Stu Jackson that constantly is changing week to week based on who’s in. But the main thing is Jrue is going to work out for a number of teams and=2 0will get feedback to his family as to what they think. It’s a win-win. He will always have the option of coming back here to open arms, but if he elects

Jrue Holliday
    Was there a deciding factor?
    ‘’No, and again, it’s not like I’m going to the NBA. I haven’t signed with an agent. It’s just testing the waters, to see what it’s going to be like at these camps, at these workouts, if I can handle the drills, which I’m positive that I can, and I feel really comfortable going in.
    I left it alone....you being butt hurt continued.
    Last edited by GOBB; 06-06-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park donsanchez306's Avatar

GOBB did u ever think you would fight with a sixerfan this hard? you never used to post in here and now you are getting trolled in here. look at the year i joined and how many posts i have i lurk and rarely post. for awhile it was just a few of us on this board i'm happy to see movement over this season and off season but i hate to see two sixer fans fight over stupidity. who cares where jrue goes really........don't lose sleep over it he wont be wade.
    hell i remember when we didnt have a mod. i think i voted artificial or for myself ....i forget either way the right man won the mod job.

as for the 17th pick i think we get lawson call it a hunch.