Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

I'm doing a NY association but I've decided to revisit and restart a Bulls one, as they are probably my favorite team especially growing up. I will be continuing with the Knicks as well.

I've got an idea of what I wanna do with the team, my first priority being a starting shooting guard. I need some advice though, as I previously mentioned haven't watched alot NBA recently so my knowledge of talent is pretty poor.

Basically I'm looking for an SG that is a good combo with Rose, can take some of the heat of him as well, hit beyond the arc and can also defend the likes of Wade and Kobe.

I'm keen to keep it realistic as possible, I'll be in the first season obviously but I'm keen to go after somdone who is a Free Agent IRL at the end of this current season. Otherwise could be trade, as I said just wanna keep it as realistic as possible.

Suggestions? Anyone ran any effective SG combo's with Rose before?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cairns_Baller
    I'm doing a NY association but I've decided to revisit and restart a Bulls one, as they are probably my favorite team especially growing up. I will be continuing with the Knicks as well.

I've got an idea of what I wanna do with the team, my first priority being a starting shooting guard. I need some advice though, as I previously mentioned haven't watched alot NBA recently so my knowledge of talent is pretty poor.

Basically I'm looking for an SG that is a good combo with Rose, can take some of the heat of him as well, hit beyond the arc and can also defend the likes of Wade and Kobe.

I'm keen to keep it realistic as possible, I'll be in the first season obviously but I'm keen to go after somdone who is a Free Agent IRL at the end of this current season. Otherwise could be trade, as I said just wanna keep it as realistic as possible.

Suggestions? Anyone ran any effective SG combo's with Rose before?
    Well when I used the Bulls I decided to move Boozer for someone and I ended up being able to get either Joe Johnson or Wesley Johnson. I Let Gibson start and you could always get a good draft pick and get a PF. I simmed 2 seasons and Rose was in the mid 90s, Wesley Johnson was in the high 80s, I drafted Harrison Barnes and he was in the low 80s, Taj Gibson was in the low/mid 80s and Noah was in the high 80s

Learning to shoot layups

I have been doing major work with the Bobcats association lately. Despite our winless record, I feel this team is built to make a run in the near future.

Our current lineup is:

PG: Kemba Walker( #6 pick) Boobie Gibson, ?
    SG: Wesley Johnson, Tony Allen, Gerald Henderson( out with a torn ACL )
    SF: Shane Battier, Mcguire, ?
    PF: Derrick Williams( #2 pick), ?
    C: Marreese Speights, Joel Pryzbilla, Diop

We are not rated highly currently, but next year's outlook is great. We have Kemba, Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Gerald Henderson. We will have to resign Speights but with 30 mill, we should have enough for him and maybe another max contract. While we may end up missing the playoffs this year, next year we should be dominant. With Walker, Wesley Johnson, and Williams locked up for 3 years, that should be a solid core to build around.

Kemba is listed as very loyal so he should be a franchise player! He is averaging 18ppg and 16.5apg. And Derrick Williams has been doing what he did to my Blue Devils this past March, lighting it up. He leads all rookies in scoring
    Last edited by dukeblue4life; 06-09-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    I have been doing major work with the Bobcats association lately. Despite our winless record, I feel this team is built to make a run in the near future.

Our current lineup is:

PG: Kemba Walker( #6 pick) Boobie Gibson, ?
    SG: Wesley Johnson, Tony Allen, Gerald Henderson( out with a torn ACL )
    SF: Shane Battier, Mcguire, ?
    PF: Derrick Williams( #2 pick), ?
    C: Marreese Speights, Joel Pryzbilla, Diop

We are not rated highly currently, but next year's outlook is great. We have Kemba, Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Gerald Henderson. We will have to resign Speights but with 30 mill, we should have enough for him and maybe another max contract. While we may end up missing the playoffs this year, next year we should be dominant. With Walker, Wesley Johnson, and Williams locked up for 3 years, that should be a solid core to build around.

Kemba is listed as very loyal so he should be a franchise player! He is averaging 18ppg and 16.5apg. And Derrick Williams has been doing what he did to my Blue Devils this past March, lighting it up. He leads all rookies in scoring
    Nice job.

I was thinking about running a Raptors team with basically this line up. Except instead of Speights someone less athletic and more defensively inclined.

Saw a basketball once

So finally got my Bulls association underway, I am also continuing my Knicks one as well but the Bulls appeal to more. The original roster is pretty good but I wanted to make them into a genuine contender. The only person untradeable was Rose...and Noah at first. But things changed.

First off i waived Lucas and bought in Iverson on a 1.5 mil one year deal. It's a recurring theme to my associations lol.

Next I wanted to bring in a quality SG, which I believe is what the Bulls are lacking, I looked at a few; Rip, Iggy and Lee. But I decided I'd see what the Rockets would want for K-Mart. They offered me Jordan Hill, Luis Scola and K- Mart for Boozer, Asik and '11 1st round pick. I bit their hand off for that and pulled the trigger.

On the list next, was Demarcus Cousins. Kings offered him to me for Scola and '12 1st rounder. Yes please. Pulled the trigger.

I put Watson up to see what I could get for him and the Rockets offered me their '11 1st rounder. Maybe not realistic but hey if they offering why not? Pulled the trigger.

Next I went after T-Mac who could easily end up in Chicago after this season IRL, they wanted Pargo and my '12 2nd rounder for T-Mac and their '11 2nd rounder. Again didn't make alot of sense, but I accepted.

On the chopping block next was Bogans who I offered in Trade Finder. Again the Rockets wanted to do business offering me Chuck Hayes (one of their six centers) for Bogans. I accepted.

The Kings then offered me their '11 2nd rounder and their '12 2nd rounder for Brewer, which I gladly accepted.

I went on to sign Rashad McCants from FA, who has impressed me in NY association. Thought he could back Martin up quite easily.

Kurt Thomas and Jordan Hill were then traded to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan. They also wanted my 2nd rounder so I accepted.

I made the biggest trade next, which I umed and ahed about for ages as it probably killed any chance of realism I had. Atlanta offered me Smith and Horford for Gibson, Deng and Noah (didn't wanna trade him but looked at the positives)

I then went on to trade Butler for Aj Price and Korver to Minnesota for one of their picks, csnt remember which one exactly.

My rotations as of now:

PG - Rose / Iverson / Price
    SG - Martin / McCants
    SF - Smith / McGrady
    PF - Horford / Cousins
    C - Hayes / Jordan

As i said, probably not really realistic at all but looks solid on paper. Not fussed to win first season just wanna compete. Will make some trades later as well.

Played first game away to the Thunder and got the win, Rose got 28 followed by Horford with 16. I'm going to start a blog shortly, so hopefully a few people are interested.

Rashad McCants also went down and is out for month so I'm gonna look at FA and see who i can pick up on the cheap.

I'm not at my game round now but the recount of the trades is fairly accurate. Blog to be up shortly.
    Last edited by Cairns_Baller; 06-10-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

Last night, the Bobcats finally notched their first W. It was not just a typical win, they made a statement.

@Boston, W: 79-68

Kemba went absolutely crazy on the Celtics. He had been playing like a star, but against the Celtics he showed that he will one day be in contention for league MVP. In 29 mins of play, Kemba had 33pts, 16 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks! Also he shot 5-5 from the free throw line where he has struggled so far this year.

Derrick Williams also had a solid outing with 19 points on 8-11 shooting, and Pryzbilla notched 10 points on 5-6 shooting.

The Bobcats defense was what really earned them the win tho. They forced Rondo into shooting 4-10, and Ray Allen into shooting just 1-3 from behind the arc. Peirce held his own with 21pts, but alone he was not enough.

Kemba Walker is nothing short of a beast. I had to give up DJ and Tyrus for him but it seems to be paying off.

Kemba is Rookie of the Month, Player of the month, 2 time player of the week, on the list for all star votes, leading the league with 16.6 apg, averaging a double double(18ppg, 16.6apg) He is 100 percent happy with the PT and role he has and is very loyal so I feel like he will be the face on this association for many years.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Nice job.

I was thinking about running a Raptors team with basically this line up. Except instead of Speights someone less athletic and more defensively inclined.
    Honestly, if I could land someone as highly rated that was more about defense and rebounding, then I would. The problem is the highly rated centers demand so much in trades that I can't just swap Speights for them. And I am down to no draft picks. This is not as big of a problem as it looks tho. I will have 30 mill to work with the free agency period and Brooke Lopez and Roy Hibbert are both going to be avalible. With this being the case, landing Lopez and keeping the core of Kemba, Wesley Johnson, Henderson, and Derrick Williams, next year should be my year. At 1-4 this year, we have some work to do, but we may still be able to make some noise. We should be near unstoppable next year tho

I also have Pryzbilla at 6th man, and he plays a lot being he can rebound so well. I run several lineups thru out the game where Derrick Williams moves to SF, Speights goes to PF, and Pryzbilla goes to C. This lineup works well as Derrick Williams is versatile enough and can shoot well enough to hold his own at SF.
    Last edited by dukeblue4life; 06-10-2011 at 07:25 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

For shits and giggles, I started up a Heat franchise a few days ago.

1.) Use my MLE to sign a player with the most value (Allen Iverson) and trading him for player for the core.

2.) Gut the roster of garbage.

3.) Develop Mario Chalmers to be an 80-ish starter

Chicago offered me CJ Watson and Joakim Noah for Iverson and Big Z

Boston offered me Marquis Daniels and a 2nd Rounder for Anthony

PG: Bibby (for now) - Chalmers - Beverly
    SG: Wade - Daniels
    SF: LeBron - Miller - Jones
    PF: Bosh - Haslem
    C: Noah - Dampier

^^^

Everytime I try and trade for Noah, they ask for an arm and a leg!

I made my favorite Warriors team ever last night, here's a quick breakdown.

Traded Lee, Biedrins, 1st R pick, and 2nd R pick for Dirk Nowitzki and Peja.

Traded Radmanovich, Charlie Bell, and 1st R pick for Emeka Okefor and Patrick Ewing Jr.

Roster

Curry / Lin
    Monta / R. Williams
    D. Wright / Thorton / Peja
    Dirk / Amundson
    Okafor / Udoh

Everything on (fatigue, injuries, rotation, etc) with HoF difficulty. Under simulation ended up with the best record in the NBA, and won the NBA Finals in first year with less than 50% chemistry.

Second season I had the same core, but added some shooting/defensive depth with House, Afflalo, and Delonte West. I finished the season with best record in the NBA, again. 100% chemistry, and another NBA Championship (all simulated).

Probably the best results I've ever had with my Warriors under pure simulation. Seems like having shooters on the court is the key.

Damn good roster on that Warriors team.

I mean Emeka for basically a pile of crap.

Local High School Star

I did the fantasy draft and a lot of simming. I traded my superstars, and was able to get the #1 #2 #4 #8 pick in the draft after like 2 seasons of simming. I got Derrick Williams, Kyrie Irving , Fabricio Melo, Perry Jones. I called up a guy named Robinson from the Iowa Energy who had like a 90 3 pt so that was my starting 5.

Kyrie Irving/Dragic
    Robinson/Raja Bell
    Derrick Williams/Jared Dudley
    Perry Jones/Channing Frye
    Fabricio Melo/7'3 filler who I drafted in the first season who doesnt exist.

I adjusted Williams rating a bit, 56 from 3?! He shot above 50% this season at Arizona. The real surprise is Fabricio Melo, I simmed there rookie seasons and for some reason he raised +4 to 82 overall. I also sent him to a camp and he went up 1 there. We're 3-0 on superstar atm, and all thanks to raja/robinson. I was thinking about going to hall of fame but I remember what happened last time and I had a waay better team.
    Last edited by Derrick; 06-15-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Michael Conley will become my new superstar when Ray Allen retires. Dropped another 35 with Conley.

I traded Korver and Richardson for Battier and Miller (Amazing trade) considering Korver was 59 overall because I made him a benchwarmer and Richardson dropped 8 skillpoints because i made him a role player. I dropped Fisher to 3rd string PG and Miller has made a great impact coming off the bench.

PG: Conley / Miller / Fisher
    SG: Ray Allen
    SF: Ariza / Battier
    PF: Ibaka / Frye
    C: Marc Gasol / Birdman

The rest are scrubs that I am benching till I can release them. I saved a lot of money by getting rid of Korver and Richardson. Hoping to find a replacement SG for Ray Allen when he retires.

Like i said before, my team started 0-6 (hall of fame) and now we are climbing back up to the top of the conference. 19-15 now. Gone on an 8 game winning streak.

Ray: 26.5 ppg.
    Conley: 20.6 ppg

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

lmao why the F does daniel orton have 4 and 1/2 star trade value?

they offer him for my top players all the time.... retarded

I got rid of more players so I'll have more to spend next season. I traded Derek Fisher, Leon Powe and 2 others for some 65 overall scrub and draft picks.

Fisher wasn't getting any playing time and I wanted to get rid of those players that played 0 minutes.

I have 4 players on 1 year contracts. 2 contracts are only 1 year / 500k.
    I have 3 draft picks for the draft this year because of all the trades I did.

Depending on how the team does, if we lose this season I am going to trade Ray Allen and some others for a good starting center and sign Monta Ellis in the off season. It's either that or resign Marc Gasol but I feel like doing drastic changes if we do lose.

I'm just happy that I got enough room to spend during the off season because of all the expiring contracts.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

my raptors team is now:

PG- Billups / Kemba
    SG- Derozan / Thornton
    SF- Derrick Williams / Derozan
    PF- Zach Randolph / Ed Davis
    C- Enes Kanter / Ed Davis

beast