Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Lakers trade Vladimir Radmanovic to Bobcats for Adam Morrison, Shannon Brown

I like this move alot! Vlad was obviously on Phil's sh*t list and hasnt played much at all the last month or so. When he has, hes been crap. Hes slow and cant defend well and when hes not hitting a 3, hes of no use to anyone.

I think saying Morrison and Brown wont do much for us is quite ridiculous. First of all, we dont need them to be all stars, just role players. Second, these guys should play with MUCH more motivation on a 40-9 team poised to win a championship than a 19-30 team that has been going nowhere for years. I also like that it frees up some cap space. Win/win if you ask me.

World Champion WOOOO~!

Default Re: Lakers trade Vladimir Radmanovic to Bobcats for Adam Morrison, Shannon Brown

No more Space Cadet? Boooooo!

I really admired his game, and that elegant posture he always had on the bench.

Banned

Ok Adam as a player on the court I think he is rubbish and garbage, but as a player off the court I really think he has a championship mentality, something Radmonovic didn't, Morrison could be like our Mark Madsen, goofy white guy who cares so much about winning but sucks on the court, but occassionally does something good and the crowd goes crazy, I just home Phil gets him to shave his head and stache, Sasha is embarrassment enough for us, two guys like that is shameful. Shannon Brown is good I just hope Morrison doesn't see much minutes outside of garbage time but his attitude could be good to have in the locker room and off the bench, that's the kind of guys we need
    Last edited by lilmarcgasol; 02-08-2009 at 06:37 AM.

Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

Don't sleep on Shannon Brown. Think Maurice Evans with more coordination and build. Instant energy.

Morrison Wiki

Adam John Morrison (born July 19, 1984, in Glendive, Montana) is an American professional basketball player with the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association.

Morrison played for three years at Gonzaga University and was considered to be one of the top college basketball players in 2005

Can't wait to see Morrison and Kobe crying together when they lose a playoff round.

Can't wait to see Morrison and Kobe crying together when they lose a playoff round.

corny...

Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    This will be a nice trade for the Lakers if Morrison can live up to his potential.
    If we thought that he could live up to his potential then we probably wouldn't have traded him because we need good backups for Gerald Wallace at the wing. Ammo could have/should have/would have filled that spot if he'd been able to overcome his paralysis on the court. If he couldn't flourish on our team and in our market then what will happen to him in Los Angeles? He'll be overwhelmed and run over. I left L.A. for North Carolina and he's leaving North Carolina for L.A. Sorry folks but I worry for him.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    strictly a salary dump.. vlad rad was sitting on the bench... this way they get two guys to sit on the bench for less, and their contracts run out sooner
    Yeah, you're most likely right. It's crazy to think of a championship caliber team dumping salaries, though. I mean, it's not like they got rid of Odom or something, but it's still weird to think that they would make a move that wouldn't make them better.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by 211269
    I like this move alot! Vlad was obviously on Phil's sh*t list and hasnt played much at all the last month or so. When he has, hes been crap. Hes slow and cant defend well and when hes not hitting a 3, hes of no use to anyone.

I think saying Morrison and Brown wont do much for us is quite ridiculous. First of all, we dont need them to be all stars, just role players. Second, these guys should play with MUCH more motivation on a 40-9 team poised to win a championship than a 19-30 team that has been going nowhere for years. I also like that it frees up some cap space. Win/win if you ask me.
    Vlady hasn't played that poorly this season. He's still guaranteed to give you 1-2 WTF moments but he had improved defensively this season (at least from last season) and his shot was falling when he was getting consistent minutes. Luke Walton just fits the Lakers better.

I think the triangle offense limited what Vlady could do and that he would've produced more on a different team. We'll see.

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

Someone mentioned Morrison's hair and Sashas earlier - Morrison shaved the long hair earlier this year - still has the stache, but much more presentable.

Someone else, referring to how the Lakers should have cancelled Radmonovich's contract after the snow boarding incident asked about Jason William's contract situation with the Bulls following his motorcycle incident - fortunately for JWill, the Bulls organization recognized that his injuries were most likely career-ending and they paid him his full rookie contract.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Adam has more potential than people give him credit for. I watched him drop about 30 early in his career. He wont be a superstar but I wont be suprised if hes a 15-16ppg type on poor shooting. Make some clutch plays here and there. Biger less crazy Vernon Maxwell.
    Wayyyyyyyyyy off

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Wayyyyyyyyyy off
    he said he wont be surprised. do you even read fuckface?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dgaras
    he said he wont be surprised. do you even read fuckface?
    Is the foul language necessary to get your point across?

Local High School Star

Lakers won 2 rings with Brown playing well as backup guard. Radmanovic was never that good. Morrison was a risk and didnt work out. ok trade for the Lakers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
    Morrison was a risk and didnt work out.
    He gave us great moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGsD...annel=igicles3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pMc...HighRPMTV&hd=1