Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you build around - Blake Griffin or James Harden?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Yea..

Griffin = defense, rebounding, low post scoring,

Harden = play making, scoring

Only reason I'd rather have harden is I think he will end up being the better takeover player.. It's like a Dirk vs kg debate. Kgs got the better overall package more well rounded game while Dirk can make an offense better and is dominant at closing games. Well see how it plays out in the end though.
    Griffin might have improved on defense but I would say harden and griffin are similar to their position in terms of defense, nothing elite idk why you mentioned it under griffin.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Being top-3 at a position doesn't make a player a lock in my eyes. There was a time when Reggie Miller and Mitch Richmond were top SG's but I'm wouldn't take them over a franchise big. George Gervin was a league-leading scorer but he never got a championship. Granted it's not one-man teams. I'd take Griffin personally, especially as he becomes more seasoned and his jump shot comes around. Harden is very versatile and can put the ball in the basket, but seems like an ideal #2 IMO (for a championship team).
    Agreed especially when the SG position isn't really all that deep after Kobe/Wade/Harden where there is a much better list of PFs as a whole.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Griffin might have improved on defense but I would say harden and griffin are similar to their position in terms of defense, nothing elite idk why you mentioned it under griffin.
    Griffin has a defensive rating of 96 which is "elite"... Harden's is an atrocious 107. Griffin is ranked the 24th best defender in the entire NBA by Synergy Sports... James Harden is ranked 231st best. Please stop posting until you decide to at least TRY to be remotely fair and logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Griffin has a defensive rating of 96 which is "elite"... Harden's is an atrocious 107. Griffin is ranked the 24th best defender in the entire NBA by Synergy Sports... James Harden is ranked 231st best. Please stop posting until you decide to at least TRY to be remotely fair and logical.

Local High School Star

29 10-16 fg
    39 10-17 fg
    31 10-20 fg
    21 6-17 fg
    28 7-17 fg
    28 9-18 fg
    33 7-12 fg
    31 9-13 fg

thats his last 8 games inarow. The last 15 pts game he had was 12 games ago.He was been put in a foreign situation to him which was teams going soley afer him after his hot start. He now has adjusted to that as the last few games suggests. Infact james has had 2 15 games this season thus far. He has been consistent all throughout the season so far apart from the 3 game stretch.. you dont average 25.6 points by being inconsistent
    Last edited by spiegel; 12-25-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Are you still numbers from a website to judge the game of basketball?

Yeah not gonna argue anymore, look at that list, LeBron was rated lower than Boozer just month
    great system you are using your argument with.

I have to take Blake. Too much potential at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Are you still numbers from a website to judge the game of basketball?

Yeah not gonna argue anymore, look at that list, LeBron was rated lower than Boozer just month
    So basically Boozer was rated higher than Lebron after like 5-10 games when Lebron was playing lazy ass D? What does that have to do with 30 games into the season when comparing two players who CLEARLY have a big defensive gap between them this year?

Local High School Star

Harden is attrocious on defence so as a Rockets fan i cant disagree there.

Please stop posting until you decide to at least TRY to be remotely fair and logical.

So basically Boozer was rated higher than Lebron after like 5-10 games when Lebron was playing lazy ass D? What does that have to do with 30 games into the season when comparing two players who CLEARLY have a big defensive gap between them this year?
    Go look now and tell me what LeBron is rated what a joke of a reference to use

Good question... tough to answer.

Both can either be a great 2nd option or a low to middling 1st option due to their unselfishness but both also have some untapped potential.

I'd take Blake because he has proven he can be effective without the ball in his hands thus allowing him to be a great 2nd option. Harden has the skills to play off ball but he seems worse without it.

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    29 10-16 fg
    39 10-17 fg
    31 10-20 fg
    21 6-17 fg
    28 7-17 fg
    28 9-18 fg
    33 7-12 fg
    31 9-13 fg

thats his last 8 games inarow. The last 15 game he had was 12 games ago. infact james has had 2 15 games this season. He has been consistent all throughout the season so far. you dont average 25.6 points by being inconsistent
    Again 15 point example was random by me and NOT researched at all. Harden is a BETTER scorer... I think he's more prone to inconsistent shooting performances. He's shot under 40 percent in 10 games this year and may still finish with 20+ points due to free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    Harden is attrocious on defence so as a Rockets fan i cant disagree there.
    Where as Griffin has been very solid-good. Yet once again when comparing him to a significantly worse defender this year people will call it a "wash".

The game of basketball is no longer played on a basketball court but in mathematical equations. LeBron is a shitty defender and Blake Griffin is top 25

but hey lets use logical and fair arguments.