Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 LastLast

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Well its officially done

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

AI practised for the first time with detroit pistons..

Source

"We went through some stuff today that I hadn't been through in my whole career, and that was shocking," Iverson said after the Pistons' workout at the L.A. Sports Club in Manhattan. "I would have thought somebody would have put those type of plays in for me and the guys around me sometime in the 13 years I've been around. That right there was exciting."

For the most part, the Pistons run plays similar to the ones every team in the league uses -- high pick-and-roll, side pick-and-roll, post-ups and isolations. But the Pistons also run some Princeton-based motion sets, similar to what New Jersey and New Orleans use, and that's what excited Iverson.

"I am getting the ball now in places where I never got it before," Iverson said. "I used to always get it at the top at the three-point line and now I am getting it closer to the free-throw line and that makes a difference."

And Pistons coach comment on him...
    "I don't want to make small of it, but this guy is a great player and great players, they will fit in," Curry said. "He will fit in. He will share the ball. Looking at all the rosters he's been on, I don't see a roster as talented as ours. He's going to open up a lot of things for the other guys and they are going to open a lot of things up for him."

Cant wait for AI debut against New Jersey to see how things will look like...

GO AI!

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    Cant wait for AI debut against New Jersey to see how things will look like...

GO AI!
    Indeed!

I am excited to see him out there and watch him play for us!
    This is an exciting time in Pistons Basketball! Friday night cannot come quick enough.

I'm really psyched for AI's debut on Friday, but I'm REALLY looking forward to Sunday at the Palace. I bought some cheap tickets, and it should be a blast. I'm guessing it's going to be louder in there than it has in a long time.

The league's being stupid about the jersey thing. I understand they don't want guys switching numbers during the season, but when a trade goes down, that definitely qualifies as extenuating circumstances. Let AI have his #3...he'll look weird without it. It's just a number I suppose, but still...

Decent college freshman

[QUOTE=Sonic R]Well its officially done

Quote Originally Posted by FPower
    I'm really psyched for AI's debut on Friday, but I'm REALLY looking forward to Sunday at the Palace. I bought some cheap tickets, and it should be a blast. I'm guessing it's going to be louder in there than it has in a long time.

The league's being stupid about the jersey thing. I understand they don't want guys switching numbers during the season, but when a trade goes down, that definitely qualifies as extenuating circumstances. Let AI have his #3...he'll look weird without it. It's just a number I suppose, but still...
    Man I wish I could go, would even consider the 5 hour drive to see it. Was there for 'Sheed's debut and it was awesome.

Banned

Great trade for both teams.

Pistons needed a change, Billups although a top 6 PG, has been sleepwalking with no real fire in the EAST.

Denver is/was going nowhere with their lack of defense, and Billups should help. Melo/iverson would never have worked out - can't have 2 volume jumpshooters on the same team and expect to win .

anyone got links to Billups press conference?

It was held just about a 45 minutes ago. They had most of it on the radio but Stony and Wojo kept cutting in and ad libbing

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Man I wish I could go, would even consider the 5 hour drive to see it. Was there for 'Sheed's debut and it was awesome.
    I was at that game too, bought the tickets before the trade even happened. It was exciting, but then when Sheed didn't get to play in the second half because the league called and said the trade wasn't actually finalized they never really explained it to the crowd. I remember we were chanting "WE WANT SHEED" and cussing Larry Brown out. I only read about what happened when I got home.

Banned

If detroit gels they might be able to beat the Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    I was at that game too, bought the tickets before the trade even happened. It was exciting, but then when Sheed didn't get to play in the second half because the league called and said the trade wasn't actually finalized they never really explained it to the crowd. I remember we were chanting "WE WANT SHEED" and cussing Larry Brown out. I only read about what happened when I got home.
    Yeah, we had no clue why he didn't come back after the first 7 minutes or so he played.

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ81
    LMAO!
    More like, "Can't say I tried".
    God, I hate his frickin' guts!

Decent college freshman

[QUOTE=Sonic R]anyone got links to Billups press conference?

It was held just about a 45 minutes ago. They had most of it on the radio but Stony and Wojo kept cutting in and ad libbing

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    This is part of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQqMsFR8go

AI was interviewed by ESPN as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgxrMk4ty24

His thoughts going to Pistons..

Thanks!