Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default NBA 2k8 questions

All Nba questions can come here, I'll answer any question you have people can helpout too...

Default Re: NBA 2k8 questions

I'm playing right now and killing my opponent 113-84 with 49.4 seconds to go in the game in the association, but suddenly the game freezes and probably all is lost right in the middle of a free throw that would give me 114. What also really pisses me off is that in the game I was 5 for 7 from three and I had 70% FG shooting. I have to live with this and it sucks because I have to start over now and it's like this match never happened. What the ****!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Style
    I'm playing right now and killing my opponent 113-84 with 49.4 seconds to go in the game in the association, but suddenly the game freezes and probably all is lost right in the middle of a free throw that would give me 114. What also really pisses me off is that in the game I was 5 for 7 from three and I had 70% FG shooting. I have to live with this and it sucks because I have to start over now and it's like this match never happened. What the ****!!!!
    ouch...

Local High School Star Sicknote's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Style
    Did the commentary just go away and the players faces on substitutions disappear?

That **** happens like once or twice everytime I play and I get the disk unreadable error.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicknote
    Did the commentary just go away and the players faces on substitutions disappear?

That **** happens like once or twice everytime I play and I get the disk unreadable error.
    Well if it is for X-box360 if you tilted it or accidentally bumped it is scratched and probably broken...
    Anymore questions, I would love to help...

Anyone know how to stop a cherry picker? **** pisses me off when as soon as i shoot they take their best player and run him down to the other end of the court waiting for an open dunk. I usually try to intentionally foul if I get there in time and have fouls to give, but that's not very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty
    Anyone know how to stop a cherry picker? **** pisses me off when as soon as i shoot they take their best player and run him down to the other end of the court waiting for an open dunk. I usually try to intentionally foul if I get there in time and have fouls to give, but that's not very effective.
    Intentionlly fouling is what i do anyway, that crap happens to me sometimes but not a lot mostly online, try pump faking more or setting screens to get away from them, if your going for a dunk or layup when this happens you are on your own

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

it wont let me play i played once got my ass kicked now when i get challenges and accept it says cannot start game refer to FAQ or sometimes it says its because of my version or framerate what do i do ?

Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    it wont let me play i played once got my ass kicked now when i get challenges and accept it says cannot start game refer to FAQ or sometimes it says its because of my version or framerate what do i do ?
    Well umm, is this online?
    Ask up you all!

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Intentionlly fouling is what i do anyway, that crap happens to me sometimes but not a lot mostly online, try pump faking more or setting screens to get away from them, if your going for a dunk or layup when this happens you are on your own
    You know what a cherry picker is dude?

It's when you score, they grab the fastest player and then run down the court ASAP.

The way to do it is to stop a cherry picker is actually easy.. make them throw deep. IE. beyond half court. If you make them throw beyond half court, I would say there's a good chance the ball doesn't make it to him because NBA 2k8 doesn't allow you to do that. Guys that inbound the ball at near half court, play lock on Defense to keep them in front of you while your teammates get back.

And also, to help your guys get back faster, call a Man to Man defense thru the playcall screen.
    Last edited by RandomBalla55; 06-04-2008 at 03:40 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    All Nba questions can come here, I'll answer any question you have people can helpout too...
    Does this game freeze all the time?

Is this game worth upgrading over NBA2k6?

Can you edit players ratings?

Can you turn off things like players demanding trades or complaining about playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    Does this game freeze all the time?
    No
    Is this game worth upgrading over NBA2k6?
    Not really anymore wait for 2k9

Can you edit players ratings?
    yes

Can you turn off things like players demanding trades or complaining about playtime?
    yes

NBA sixth man of the year

I heard there is a bug where in the 4th period a player off the inbounds will just jump up in the air and the game freezes. Have any of you guys ran into that problem?

It's still about 2 or 3 weeks before I get my system back for repairs. I can't decide if I want to get 2k8 or not. I want to play the dunk contest. I know 2k9 is about to come out, but I'm not going to pay full price for it and it might turn out to be worse than this one.

Saw a basketball once King of the D's Avatar

(this mite b kinda stupid) but how do u alley-oop in the game?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

its either RB or LT + Pass, i forget between 2k8 and live