Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Default Re: Does Lebron surpass Larry Bird at the end of the season with league and finals mvp

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Bird has 3 rings and lost twice to Magic/Kareem Lakers in the Finals. Lebron if he wins would have 2 rings and lost twice to the Spurs and Mavs. So how the **** would his legacy be better?
    Lebron would be at the #11 range with another ring.
    Let me get this straight.According to your poll lebron was ranked at #11.

After he wins 1MVP and 1FMVP(assuming of course) he just stands where he is.Dude come on.

4MVP and 2FMVP Wilt has 4MVP and 1FMVP and two rings he is widely regarded as top 5-6 according to your poll #5-6(i dont remember).His stats were legendary but then lebrons stats is legendary too.Considering how slow todays game is nobody even came close to averaging these kind of numbers.

Even though you hate PER he has some of the highest PERs in history.(which for me explains the value of a player)

Default Re: Does Lebron surpass Larry Bird at the end of the season with league and finals mvp

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Let me get this straight.According to your poll lebron was ranked at #11.

After he wins 1MVP and 1FMVP(assuming of course) he just stands where he is.Dude come on.

4MVP and 2FMVP Wilt has 4MVP and 1FMVP and two rings he is widely regarded as top 5-6 according to your poll #5-6(i dont remember).His stats were legendary but then lebrons stats is legendary too.Considering how slow todays game is nobody even came close to averaging these kind of numbers.

Even though you hate PER he has some of the highest PERs in history.(which for me explains the value of a player)
    The poll was done fresh off the 2012 Playoffs. In the 2011 poll of the top 25 all time Lebron didn't make it in. West, Oscar, and Moses are ahead of Lebron right now on the all time list, Lebron is at #14. So another ring would put him #11 because Hakeem also has 2 rings and a better and longer career so far. 2 rings and a 10 year career is not better than Hakeem's 2 rings and longer career. Wilt is rated so how because he has like 100 scoring+rebounding records along with his rings, which nobody will ever have because that weak era is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Does Lebron surpass Larry Bird at the end of the season alltime with a league and finals mvp?
    It doesnt matter if he does or doesnt, Lebron still isnt as good nor will be ranked as high as Bird.

Like Dwight has as many DPOYs as Hakeem, KG and Duncan combined, and yet he isnt as good defensively as any of them. Awards matter little without context, same applies to Lebron.

Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    It's mind-boggling how people think Bird is better than LeBron right now, never mind after he wins his 4th MVP in 5 years and 2nd straight Finals MVP.

So to answer your question, yes... not only will LeBron surpass Bird with another MVP + title, but he officially moves up to #2 all time.

bird was a motherf*cker, playing against him from the day he was drafted to the day he limped into legend meant paying full attention to him, game planning against him, hoping against hope he didn't get hot. as of LAST year this became true of Lebron but guys like Bird were born bastards, there was never a time to take them lightly. Lebron is finally becoming who he was being sold as almost a decade ago. great player, fun to watch but without his PR disaster going to Miami who cared until now? now he's going off, let's see if he's evil enough to sustain it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

NumberSix, again, with no argument. Dude didn't even watch Bird play. Stay in your lane.

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    It doesnt matter if he does or doesnt, Lebron still isnt as good nor will be ranked as high as Bird.

Like Dwight has as many DPOYs as Hakeem, KG and Duncan combined, and yet he isnt as good defensively as any of them. Awards matter little without context, same applies to Lebron.
    Delusion at its finest here. Aside from the fact that he won more rings, there isn

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

[QUOTE=2010splash]Delusion at its finest here. Aside from the fact that he won more rings, there isn

[QUOTE=2010splash]Delusion at its finest here. Aside from the fact that he won more rings, there isn

Only delusional fans with very limited basketball knowledge count "rings" as do end do all.

All-NBA teams
    All-Defense teams
    MVP's
    FMVP's
    Rings
    DPOY's
    Gold Medals
    Statistics
    All-Star Appereances
    Efficiency.

All matter. People who say he's better cause 3 rings> 2 rings, talk out of their ass.

Dunking on everybody in the park gin17's Avatar

No.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

I think 2 more rings and there's no question, regardless of any more mvps

Bird was my dude..and I rooted for the Celtics when I was young, but Bron took ymca team to the Finals...
    went to finals twice with ONE other great player...and some also rans ..

also Bird's 3 straight mvps, to me, was marketing move by nba and sports writers..and wasn't a coincidence that nba ratings soared as Bird was the face of the league as the reigning mvp..

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    NumberSix, again, with no argument. Dude didn't even watch Bird play. Stay in your lane.
    Cool story bro. And how old are you? 18? 21?

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    The poll was done fresh off the 2012 Playoffs. In the 2011 poll of the top 25 all time Lebron didn't make it in. West, Oscar, and Moses are ahead of Lebron right now on the all time list, Lebron is at #14. So another ring would put him #11 because Hakeem also has 2 rings and a better and longer career so far. 2 rings and a 10 year career is not better than Hakeem's 2 rings and longer career. Wilt is rated so how because he has like 100 scoring+rebounding records along with his rings, which nobody will ever have because that weak era is over.
    Dude you are generally pretty strong in your arguments but this argument of yours is pretty weak.

Kobe was #21-22(dont remember the exact number) before winning 2 titles without shaq poll showed this not yours but ISH polls but after just 2 rings and 2FMVPs and one MVP he is as you can concur top 10 or more like #7-8-9 player however after lebron wins 2FMVP and 4MVP compared to kobe's 2FMVP 5 rings and 1MVP he is below hakeem.

Please dont say he hasnt been in the league enough because he has been superstar and 1st team all nba than all those guys you mention including hakeem.
    Hakeem ach. 2FMVP 1MVP 6x1st allnba
    Lebron(of course again this is assuming he wins another title).He is sure to win another MVP if he doesnt get injured

2FMVP 4MVP 7x1st allnba

Unlike many other greats in top 7-14 range lebron has been a superstar since 20 his 2nd year.

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    I think 2 more rings and there's no question, regardless of any more mvps

Bird was my dude..and I rooted for the Celtics when I was young, but Bron took ymca team to the Finals...
    went to finals twice with ONE other great player...and some also rans ..

also Bird's 3 straight mvps, to me, was marketing move by nba and sports writers..and wasn't a coincidence that nba ratings soared as Bird was the face of the league as the reigning mvp..
    That "YMCA" team was one of the top 5 defenses that year.