Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: [RUMOR]: Al Jefferson to Spurs?

Very good NBA starter

Not a big fan of this rumored trade, especially the thought of having to re-sign a 28/29 year old Jefferson at the end of the season.

I like him, and he gives us a better run at a championship (how much is debatable), but it's a big risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Spurs should go after Greg Monroe IMO.
    been saying this for about a year now, and I really hope he is on the Spurs' radar.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Spurs should go after Greg Monroe IMO.
    What exactly would Detroit want from SA? Theyre in rebuilding mode and Monroe is one of their cornerstones. You'd probably have to give up 1 of either Kawhi Leonard or Ginobili to get him.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    What exactly would Detroit want from SA? Theyre in rebuilding mode and Monroe is one of their cornerstones. You'd probably have to give up 1 of either Kawhi Leonard or Ginobili to get him.
    Realistically, Spurs can't get Monroe any time soon. However, I'd love to see them put a bid in for him come 2015/2016. By that time Duncan will be retired, perhaps Ginobili too, and SA will probably have cap space.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    if this trade does go through, id bet the jazz buyout jackson immediately, and he re-signs with san antonio, like when the cavs traded away ilgauskas to the wizards in the jamison tradr, washington bought him out, and big z was back playing for cleveland within a couple weeks.
    IIRC, there are now rules in place to prevent this. I think a player has to wait a year until resigning with the same team.

Al Jefferson is perfect for the Spurs. I love him, but he's as simple as his stats. He gives you what his numbers say, for the most part. The Spurs could actually use what he brings tho. He'd be a great POWER FORWARD to play next to the CENTER, Tim Duncan.

Jefferson is a PF, period. That's where he's best. Tim Duncan is -at least now- a center, period. Make Al your defensive guy in the paint and see how it works for you.

And it's great because Jefferson will play PF and Duncan will continue to pay C and people can pretend it's the other way around, for whatever reason.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I don't say why the Jazz would want Splitter/Mills when they got players such as Kantar/Favours there as well as Watson who's as good as Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    I don't say why the Jazz would want Splitter/Mills when they got players such as Kantar/Favours there as well as Watson who's as good as Mills.

Splitter would be fighting with Kanter for a starting spot. So it's a question of whether or not the Jazz think it's worth it and if Splitter (especially) is interested in staying. Otherwise, get a third team involved. Jackson would be bought out and it'd be great for San Antonio.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

They shouldn't do it. They have to be ambitious this year, not build for the future. And they're better off with Splitter, who's playing well and familiar with the system, than Jefferson. Losing Jackson means losing one of the toughest Spurs players, he's one of the guys who performs a lot better in the playoffs.

I'll take Jefferson for Neal + Blair + Bonner though

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Al Jefferson is perfect for the Spurs. I love him, but he's as simple as his stats. He gives you what his numbers say, for the most part. The Spurs could actually use what he brings tho. He'd be a great POWER FORWARD to play next to the CENTER, Tim Duncan.

Jefferson is a PF, period. That's where he's best. Tim Duncan is -at least now- a center, period. Make Al your defensive guy in the paint and see how it works for you.

And it's great because Jefferson will play PF and Duncan will continue to pay C and people can pretend it's the other way around, for whatever reason.
    So who's going to defend the pick 'n roll? Duncan? Not at his age. Jefferson's too slow to for that as well. Splitter's one of best bigs in the league at the defending pnr while Duncan's been defending the basket. Advanced stats say that combo has been crazy effective so far. If Duncan's injury was serious, this would have been an acceptable trade but, as is, Jefferson and Duncan would be a bad fit defensively. I do like that tandem from an offensive standpoint though.

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    So who's going to defend the pick 'n roll? Duncan? Not at his age. Jefferson's too slow to for that as well. Splitter's one of best bigs in the league at the defending pnr while Duncan's been defending the basket. Advanced stats say that combo has been crazy effective so far. If Duncan's injury was serious, this would have been an acceptable trade but, as is, Jefferson and Duncan would be a bad fit defensively. I do like that tandem from an offensive standpoint though.

You know what, you make a great point. Duncan was never a guy to come out on the pick n' roll tho. Even when he was younger and at PF, he stayed closer to the basket. Even Robinson, playing as the center, would come out farther than Duncan. Now, older and completely playing center, he won't come out. And I guess that could be a problem. It depends on how Leonard defends close to the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
    Something else would have to go down to make this work, as I'm pretty sure the Jazz are carrying a full 15-man roster, so we couldn't take back 3 players for Big Al. I guess we could just buy out Jackson and Splitter, if the centerpiece of the trade for the Jazz truly is Mills and/or the Jazz are worried that both Jackson and Splitter would walk at season's end anyway, but it seems like the Jazz could/should get more for Jefferson than just Mills.
    you don't want to do that. He's good

What people don't realize is the San Antonio offense would need to be altered quite a bit to implement Al Jeff who is a back to the basket, take up most the shot clock and work for his shot type of guy. Our running offense will have to halt, which is going to mean less offensive possessions and a slower paced game. Splitter is predominantly a pick and roll big which is a perfect fit for our current offensive scheme, plus he's already publicly stated he wants to re-sign. If I want any big from Utah, it's Favors.

Spurs are tied for first in the league in PPG, plus have the highest offensive efficiency rating. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Spurs should trade for Dwight. Duncan is old now and can't do shit. Dwight can be your new Duncan. Just trade the two for each other straight up or with whatever scrubs to make salaries match.

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    Spurs should trade for Dwight. Duncan is old now and can't do shit. Dwight can be your new Duncan. Just trade the two for each other straight up or with whatever scrubs to make salaries match.
    Do you even watch basketball?