Default Shoes keep slipping

Unfortunately, the gym I go to has some real shoddy courts. My biggest gripe about it is that the floors cause my shoes (Hyperdunks) to slip like no other.

I spit on the floor and run my soles through it and it helps with my grip for all of 60 seconds and then it's back to skating on the court. Is there a better long term solution to this? It's really messing with my game.

I'm not one to buy products or paraphernalia to play the game; I usually just go out and play it old-fashioned, but I'm looking into MISSION Athletecare Court Grip on Amazon as I'm desperate to remedy this problem. After reading some reviews, it really doesn't look that promising, though, as a lot of guys say it wears off in a matter of seconds. What are your guys' experiences, and what would you say works best?

Default Re: Shoes keep slipping

Funny you made this today. The court I play at on Thursdays is usually alright with the sliding but last night, first play I come off a screen, catch it, take one dribble and slip to the ground . All night I was sliding. I never tried anything you listed, I might just have to get new shoes. But one tip is to never wear your basketball shoes anywhere but the court. Walking from your car to the court or anywhere outside really ****s with the traction.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by klee
    Unfortunately, the gym I go to has some real shoddy courts. My biggest gripe about it is that the floors cause my shoes (Hyperdunks) to slip like no other.

I spit on the floor and run my soles through it and it helps with my grip for all of 60 seconds and then it's back to skating on the court. Is there a better long term solution to this? It's really messing with my game.

I'm not one to buy products or paraphernalia to play the game; I usually just go out and play it old-fashioned, but I'm looking into MISSION Athletecare Court Grip on Amazon as I'm desperate to remedy this problem. After reading some reviews, it really doesn't look that promising, though, as a lot of guys say it wears off in a matter of seconds. What are your guys' experiences, and what would you say works best?
    Sweep the court before you play. The gym I go to has people clean it every day so I don't have to worry but sometimes that dust can build up real quick.

That's why I replaced my 4 years old Kobe Nike Dream Season X last June. and I started to use my Nike Air quick Handle as my main basketball shoe.

As the shoes gets older it's losing it's grip, and traction.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 01-24-2014 at 06:55 PM.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

i always wear slides to the court and put em on when i get there, and if they have anything to clean the floor when you get there use it. also does anyone else that plays there have this problem??

Serious playground baller

Court grip will also give you traction for about 60 seconds then after using it a few times the acetone in it will begin to eat the soft rubber off the bottom of you shoes and they will become useless. I get a new pair of basketball shoes ever year or so and only use them to play in and that seems to help

Yeah; I only wear my shoes on the court and always wear a different pair going to and leaving from the gym. They're a couple years old, but still in good shape and the soles seem like they have all the traction a brand new shoe would have... it's just the dusty courts.

I'm not sure how plausible cleaning the courts would be--I mean, that's more of the gym staff's responsibility than mine to take 30 minutes out of my gym time to wipe down the entire floor.

It's frustrating because it's come to a debilitating point where I can hardly play my triple threat game because I'm not nearly as quick off the dribble/crossover. Perhaps I'll just have to switch gyms.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by klee

I'm not sure how plausible cleaning the courts would be--I mean, that's more of the gym staff's responsibility than mine to take 30 minutes out of my gym time to wipe down the entire floor.

If they have a wide pushmop it would only take about 5 minutes to mop a regulation court

I used to have this problem on some courts I played on, even sweeping would temporarily fix the problem. I think they need to be waxed after a certain amount of time. They got lazy with that so I stopped going. Now I stick to outdoors...

Problem is its 20 degrees outside and gets dark at 5