Page 102 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2288
    Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

I remember seeing this video a few months ago. But suffice to say, D.J. Richardson or Brandon Paul would cut him to shreds on the court. If he could seriously hoop, he wouldn't f-ck around being a football safety.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Wow he has some serious hangtime. Reminds me of Robert Pack.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    I remember seeing this video a few months ago. But suffice to say, D.J. Richardson or Brandon Paul would cut him to shreds on the court. If he could seriously hoop, he wouldn't f-ck around being a football safety.
    Yeah, they're obviously better basketball players. I'm just talking about being able to drive and just throw it down like that in traffic. Haven't seen that at Illinois in a long time. I hope at least one of our 3 freshman guards can be aggressive like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Yeah, they're obviously better basketball players. I'm just talking about being able to drive and just throw it down like that in traffic. Haven't seen that at Illinois in a long time. I hope at least one of our 3 freshman guards can be aggressive like that.
    All of them can penetrate, and you'll see Brandon Paul take it to the rim and dunk on some people.

This is old news but it looks like Kyle Prater is headed to USC. He's announcing his decision on Sep. 2nd and I'm getting the impression that it's almost a done deal. I hope everyone is wrong and he chooses to play for the Illini but it's looking like a long shot at this point. That's Milton gone and Prater if he goes to USC. Who are our other WR targets?

Most thought Rejus was headed for Notre Dame, too, right until he announced for Illinois. That is, all but those who really, really were paying close attention, who were pretty sure he was Illinois-bound several weeks before he announced.

I don't pay close enough attention these days to really know what's up with Prater beyond the national types saying USC is his favorite. I don't know that he's ever said that USC is the leader, just that he loved his visit there.

Gun to my head, it does look like he's gonna be a Trojan, but I don't know that it's as over with as many have said. Bob Asmussen, the News-Gazette football writer, has consistently said he thinks Prater goes to Illinois, for what little that's worth.

Deron Williams on Brandon Paul:

WHAT I'M THINKING
    - I'm thinking UI freshman BRANDON PAUL has all the makings of a star at Illinois. Chances are it won't happen during his freshman season - his ballhandling and shot selection are holes - but I'm thinking the 6-3 guard has the make-up of an elite scorer on the wing.

- More telling, DERON WILLIAMS thinks Paul has star potential. "I was really impressed. They're (the freshmen) really athletic," Williams said today. "Brandon Paul is super athletic. He can score. He reminds me a little of a young DWYANE WADE. I think he's going to be special."

Yeah, I read that this morning. I love the fact that Deron Williams comes back so often to do these charity events and to ball with the guys. Do any other NBA players do that (play at their old school with the new players) in the offseason?

Reading about the freshmen never gets old. I really hope they're as good as advertised. Can't wait for the season.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

November 13th cannot come any slower.

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

found this jacket at a thrift store the other day.

I am sorry but dont you think that jacket was where it belonged? I need to start an Ohio State thread.

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    I am sorry but dont you think that jacket was where it belonged? I need to start an Ohio State thread.
    i don't think many people are up on current fashion on ISH.

That jacket is badass.

Here's a video of Deron Williams warming up with Paul and Richardson. Not sure what sound is but it's not important.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPQKJ...layer_embedded

and a pretty sick mac irvin fire dunk mix. Richmond, Head, Leonard all in there with some nasty stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IblRkPMQWxY
    Last edited by IlliniFan; 08-30-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Rumor has it that the Pacers are close to signing Luther Head, for whatever reason. Nothing against Luther, he fills his role nicely, but the last thing we need is a 6'3 2 guard.

edit: he's an official Pacer
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 09-17-2009 at 02:03 PM.

It's not fun to watch this team play. It's painful.