Thread: Preacher

Default Preacher

Does anyone else watch this show?

I randomly watched the first two episodes without hearing anything about it beforehand, and all I can say is

I will keep watching though.

Default Re: Preacher

What is it about?

Default Re: Preacher

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    What is it about?
    From wiki:

Preacher is an American television series developed by Evan Goldberg, Seth Rogen and Sam Catlin for AMC starring Dominic Cooper. It is an adaptation of the comic book series created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, and published by DC Comics' Vertigo imprint. The series was officially picked up on September 9, 2015, with a ten-episode order which premiered on May 22, 2016.

First episode:
    An entity crosses the galaxy and finds its way to Earth, where it inhabits a preacher in Africa who explodes soon after. The same phenomenon is observed in a Russian Orthodox Church and in a Scientologist location. Meanwhile, in Texas, Jesse Custer, a preacher with a sordid past, begins to lose his faith in his church and debates leaving. Tulip O'Hare, a mysterious woman from Jesse's violent past, propositions him for a job, but Jesse turns her down. Cassidy, an Irish vampire, lands in Texas after a violent episode on a private jet. Jesse has a run-in with the abusive husband of one of his churchgoers and quickly subdues him and his friends, meeting Cassidy in the process. Jesse heads to the church to ask for a sign to continue. The entity appears in the church and inhabits Jesse. Three days later, Jesse awakens and decides not to leave the church, saying he's not quite done yet.