Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star

Default Re: What's the prime of a man's life?

Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
    Physically, a man makes the most testosterone on average at around age 24. I would probably say that's the prime physically.

Economically, a man's prime is way past that age, around middle age (40's).

Overall, I would say mid 30's.
    this man is right.

for those who say 18-25 is the prime, you need to realize you need to move out of your mom's house first before making such claims.

also it depends on the occupation.

a doctor/lawyer will have their prime around 35-45

a goddamn construction worker will prime at 25

a basketball player will prime at 26-29

27 .

-maybe you will be still single, so all the money is for you
    -look completely matured and still have good looks
    -etc, etc.

Anymore opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by AirGauge23
    Anymore opinions?
    When he stop bumping old threads.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirGauge23
    Anymore opinions?
    no, but whats funny is, i'm 24 now, and when you look at an 18 year old at this age you can really see how far behind they are. when i was 18 i thought there wasn't much difference between that and someone who was 26 or something. but they are still kids really.

i also used to work out everyday with weights and i got fairly cut, it took me a year or so to get to where i wanted to be. i've only recently just got back into it and ive already surpassed my 19 year oldself in less than a month lol.

actually this off topic but I am really afraid to be old and stuff and die

i'm still 16 and i feel that times moving very fast 4 me...

Common-sense Cavs Fan

I am 24, so my opinion of the "prime" of a mans' life would range from 24-30.

I base "prime" meaning the time of best judgement, expectations, and overall better rationality.

I look back now and realize a lot of dumb mistakes, many which cost me money, time, patience, frustration, and grades during school.

I'm just getting back into school, so I don't feel complete yet, but mentally I'm way further than where I was just a year ago, now married, I have a 3 year old, and have another kid on the way.

My thinking and frame of mind is much different than a 21 year olds or even another 24 year old who isn't married or have any kids.

And physically as you get older you gain "muscle maturity" your muscles become fuller, if you look at a 18 year old who weighs 185 pounds and is musclular a man of 30 years of age and weighs 185 will usually look much muscular, due to muscle maturity and you usually get stronger once you hit the 30's.

Common-sense Cavs Fan

I have to pose this question in regards to men who lose their sexual drive as they get older.

Does that really happen? Is it a physical or mental thing?

I say this because if you are 32-40 years old and have been married from 5, 10, or 15 years I believe you kinda lose that "drive" with your wife.

Hell I've been with my wife now for over 4 years and it's not the same, I'll get going seeing another women, but it's not the same feeling for my lil lady.

Any older guys feel me or see what I'm trying to get at?

When you are younger or someone who has not been in long relationships, you don't really go through this thinking or feeling.

I'm 27 and feel very little difference, physically, in the past 5 years or so. I was pretty tall and lanky in high school and what not. I'm still skinny, still can't grow facial hair all that well, haven't lost any hair or got any grey's, and no signs of wrinking yet.

Mentally, I feel as sharp as ever, but I am always reading alot to stay mentally sharp since there are no more school books to read and what not. I think the biggest mistake that some people make is investing too little time in read. It's like a tool. Gotta keep using it, or one's sense of imagination, humor, etc will slowly vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by pethuel03
    actually this off topic but I am really afraid to be old and stuff and die

i'm still 16 and i feel that times moving very fast 4 me...

Just wait till you get after high school. Think time goes fast now? It's crazy, I still remember a ton of things from when I was 16. First girlfriend, got my liscense, played sports, etc. It doesn't seem that long ago at all.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    I'm 27 and feel very little difference, physically, in the past 5 years or so. I was pretty tall and lanky in high school and what not. I'm still skinny, still can't grow facial hair all that well, haven't lost any hair or got any grey's, and no signs of wrinking yet.

Mentally, I feel as sharp as ever, but I am always reading alot to stay mentally sharp since there are no more school books to read and what not. I think the biggest mistake that some people make is investing too little time in read. It's like a tool. Gotta keep using it, or one's sense of imagination, humor, etc will slowly vanish.
    Gee Golly Mike I certainly hope you're right!

I haven't read a book in about a year and I've felt myself getting dumber by the second! What do you recommend sir?

And az for the thread.
    Phyzikally - Early20z
    Financially - Mid40z
    Socially - Early30z
    WisdomWise - Before DeathBed
    Overall - Middle Age. But it can be a crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianballer
    18-25 in my opinion. After that you should be getting married, starting a family and starting to settle down
    No offense but you sound like a girl. If you think about it. getting your career and finishing school should happen around this time. The perfect age for babies is aroun 35. that way your not young enough to be hip and you can be old school .ya know