Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Should Heat keep Mike Miller? Will he ever be pretty good again?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    When LeBron finally wins a ring, Pegasus's reaction is going to be absolutely priceless. I predict he'll try to make excuses especially if LBJ wins this year..."b-b-b-b-b-b-but it was a shortened season!!!!! It doesn't count! HURR DURR LEBRICK STILL AIN'T GOT NONE OF DEM RANGZZZ!!""
    Or that Wade is the leader. It's Wade's team. So, LeBron loses some points for that ring he will get. Wade will get all the credit.

LeBron can't win, even if he does win.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    I'm sure you were one of those idiots who were guaranteeing that Miami was going to win the chip last year once they've got Dallas in the finals.

Every year, "It's definitely next year!" with Lebron, and I'm loving it!
    I appreciate you confirming my point.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    No, I don't mean it's his fault. Just with how his contract ends up handcuffing Miami under the new rules Miller isn't worth it to them. By cutting Miller Miami could add several pieces. As nice as Miller might be, Grant Hill would probably be just as fine and cheaper.
    Someone explain the new rules to me. If he gets amnestied they don't get his money back under the cap because they are over the cap. I don't understand what benefit they would receive for cutting him loose except possible a TINY amount of luxury tax. Unless they are talking about trading him.

Given his injuries, his baby daughter's health scare (she is fine now thanks) I think it would be crazy to let him go now at the lowest value he has had in years.

Heat win="He had Wade and Bosh. Wade is the leader. LBJ is the sidekick"
    Heat lose="It's completely LeBron's fault. 100%"
    LeBron scores 50 points="LOL ballhog"
    LeBron has a triple double="Lol statpadder"
    LeBron has 20 assists="LOL scared to shoot"
    LeBron wins FMVP="LOL everyone gets lucky"
    LeBron dominates in 4th quarter for first rounds, sucks in last round="LOL LeBron only has 3 quarters, don't ask him for change for a dollar! LOL ya see what I did there? Isn't that SOOOOOOOOOO Original? It's not like we haven't heard that joke a zillion times before, right?"
    Pretty much.

Every team in the league would want this is guy on their team, regardless who the "leader" is. Whoever denies that or brings up exactly what you said is lying to themseleves.

The Heat come 2 wins aways from winning a title, yet he will never win? Right...

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Someone explain the new rules to me. If he gets amnestied they don't get his money back under the cap because they are over the cap. I don't understand what benefit they would receive for cutting him loose except possible a TINY amount of luxury tax. Unless they are talking about trading him.

Given his injuries, his baby daughter's health scare (she is fine now thanks) I think it would be crazy to let him go now at the lowest value he has had in years.
    Just read this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...th-mike-miller

LeBron dominates in 4th quarter for first rounds, sucks in last round="LOL LeBron only has 3 quarters, don't ask him for change for a dollar! LOL ya see what I did there? Isn't that SOOOOOOOOOO Original? It's not like we haven't heard that joke a zillion times before, right?"
    Repped.

I just realized that you created your account in July of 2011. Seems like all of those jokes you listed above DID bother you.

If Lebron ever wins a ring, I swear I won't be a bitch like you, and will continue to post as pegasus.

No you won't, because your whole persona on here is hating on LBJ. If he wins a ring, you'll just look like an even bigger dumbass.

"Not everybody gets corrupted. Have a little faith in people."

--Manhattan

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I appreciate the link. I don't think he knows exactly what he is talking about though since he says the Bulls would go after Mike Miller and that they might get Nene. Yeah right. It sounds like the CBA changed A LOT. After reading the article, I think its a worse idea now. It would only open up ~2M in salary and allow Mia to offer Dalembert 5M rather than 3M. I say if Dalembert wants to play for Mia let him play for 3M. Paying Miller 29M to save 2M this year is crazy to me. Dalembert has 50 family members that live in the area. If he wants to come and win a title let him win it for 3M. Then they can sign anyone they want for the minimum so if GHill or TMac are game to play limited minutes great.

I actually REALLY like Norris Cole and think he might be their starting PG (over Chalmers) by midseason.

That would make the rotation:

Chalmers/Cole
    Wade
    LeBron
    Bosh
    Miller
    Haslem
    Dalembert
    TMac/GHill
    Anthony

That would be really nasty.
    Last edited by HurricaneKid; 11-28-2011 at 06:13 PM.

This season, Chicago, assuming they sign a good SG, will be right there to tackle the Heat. And New York, and Boston...

Lakers will be better. I'm not sure if it's going to be enough to win it all, but it's possible.
    New York ain't gonna be a serious contender. Boston is a significant step below Chicago and the Heat.

Chicago still lacks offensive cohesion. Rose needs to become more proficient in the pic kand roll for Boozer to be effective, and Deng's 3-point shooting needs to improve to spread the floor for Rose. And we all know Noah needs to make big strides offensively, and that we need a new SG. Taj is a good boost off the bench, I'd like to grab another versatile floor-spreading forward like Dorell Wright. Or a 2-guard that shoots a very high % from the arc like Arron Aflalo. Or both (if Rheinsdorf wasn't so cheap & greedy). Rose worked superhard to improve his shot last off season, but running the pick and roll isn't as easy a skill to master.

So by default, despite Mike Miller likely having another bad year, barring injury, the Heat will advance and face either Dallas or a reworked Lakers team playing better Defense. But my money would be on a Dallas-Miami rematch. It'd be extremely intense and a great storyline.

Varejao got that contract because of his energy and hustle play, especially on the defensive end and on the boards, not because Lebron turned him into a 18/10 player or something. In fact, all of his numbers went up after Lebron left. He had less than 1 more shot per game, and averaged 0.5 more points, but also 2 more rebounds per game. That's what happens when you don't have a stat-padder on your team snatching rebounds out of your hands. And he would had better numbers had he not gotten injured.

Mo had already averaged 17.3 and 17.2 in his last two years in Milwaukee. He averaged 17.8 (wow, what an increase!!) in his first year in Cleveland, then went down to 15.8 in his second year. Yeah, Lebron really helped him become a better player.
    lol and their teams sucked.

Mo is currently a 4th option on a team that won 32 games. f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    lol and their teams sucked.

Mo is currently a 4th option on a team that won 32 games. f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking awesome
    Third option behind Griffin and Gordon. Clippers plays in the stacked Western Conference. Will do much better this year (playoff potential).

Anything else?

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

They should keep him, and give him a chance to show what he can do while he is fully healthy.

Third option behind Griffin and Gordon. Clippers plays in the stacked Western Conference. Will do much better this year (playoff potential).

Anything else?
    thats only because Kaman was hurt.

still would pick Kaman over Mo Williams without hesitation.

lets face it. Mo Williams and Varejao without Lebron are basically Group Home without DJ Premier
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 11-28-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    thats only because Kaman was hurt.

still would pick Kaman over Mo Williams without hesitation.

lets face it. Mo Williams and Varejao without Lebron are basically Group Home without DJ Premier
    Well, they're decent role players. The problem for Cleveland was that they had to be the 2nd and 3rd best players.

Varejao would be great for just about any contender though. Miami might have won it all with him last year.