Page 60 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370110 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

FIU just got the ball back and cut it to two after a terrible offensive foul call on WKU. It feels like the ref was just trying to keep the game exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    The last Big East tournament ever held should be a grand one.
    Sad to see it end. Lots of great memories over the past decades from the Big East tournament.

Kelly Olynyk is a hell of a player. I've watched most of his games this year and the improvements he made during his redshirt year are unbelievable. His skill set is so polished and while he's not a freak athlete, he makes up for it with top notch agility and coordination for a 7 footer. He does a great job reading the game and making smart decisions on both ends of the floor and never seems to force anything. I'd take him in the top 10 without hesitation if I was in need of a big man.

It's a shame that playing in the WCC is keeping him out of NPOY discussions because he's as good as anyone in there.

I like Matthew Dellavadova from St. Mary's quite a bit as well. He reminds me of a young Jose Calderon and is a fiery player that guys love to play with.
    Last edited by Grinder; 03-11-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Kelly Olynyk is a hell of a player. I've watched most of his games this year and the improvements he made during his redshirt year are unbelievable. His skill set is so polished and while he's not a freak athlete, he makes up for it with top notch agility and coordination for a 7 footer. He does a great job reading the game and making smart decisions on both ends of the floor and never seems to force anything. I'd take him in the top 10 without hesitation if I was in need of a big man.

It's a shame that playing in the WCC is keeping him out of NPOY discussions because he's as good as anyone in there.

I like Matthew Dellavadova from St. Mary's quite a bit as well. He reminds me of a young Jose Calderon and is a fiery player that guys love to play with.
    I used to play with him when we were kids! His dad used to coach University of Toronto and did some work with the national team before they moved out west. His mom played too, and his sister was also a standout in HS. He always played up 3 or 4 years but was still one of the tallest kids on the team.

A lot of Canadians have been going south to play HS ball but it's nice to see Olynyk doing it the old fashioned way. Academic All-American as well fyi.

If OKC keeps the Toronto pick, I think I'd rather them take Olynyk over Len, Austin, or Gobert. That's how high I am on him. His ceiling isn't as high as any of those three probably, but I like him a lot more than those three right now. OKC needs someone who can help now and not another project to waste away on the bench.

The more I watch these bigs, the less I'm a fan of their NBA prospects. The only one who has improved (for me) over the season has been Cauley. And that's just because he's getting more burn with Noel down.

I still really like what Austin brings to the table, but he's too damn perimeter oriented. It's the kiss of death for guys like him, imo. Like Anthony Randolph. These guys need to learn how to play on the block before they go pro. Too bad they won't.

All these people on Twitter are on Nate Wolters's dick after his performance in the Summit Championship game. He did not impress me at all, has no chance of making an NBA roster. He's very slow, unathletic, and does not have the size to make up for those deficiencies. Won't sniff the league.

I was just going to post that Cincinatti had only managed to put 8 points on the board after 15 minutes of play, then they go and hit threes on three consecutive possessions.

Cashmere Wright has made his last three three point attempts, and two of them were well beyond NBA three point range.
    Last edited by ace23; 03-14-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Yeah, I turned the game one and Cincinnati was down 24-8 with about 5 minutes to go in the first half. And now it's tied 31-31 not even 2 minutes into the second half. Impressive run they're on right now.

Georgetown is clicking on defence, JTIII has really put together a tough team to beat.

So I guess that is why Hanlan won ACC FOY. 41 points on 14-18 shooting. Oh, and he's Canadian.

Illinois and Minnesota coming down to the wire. Who is calling the game?

Oh hi, Gus Johnson. Illinois wins at the buzzer. Dat Gus The NCAA Tournament misses you.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 03-14-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    So I guess that is why Hanlan won ACC FOY. 41 points on 14-18 shooting. Oh, and he's Canadian.

Illinois and Minnesota coming down to the wire. Who is calling the game?

Oh hi, Gus Johnson. Illinois wins at the buzzer. Dat Gus The NCAA Tournament misses you.
    Yea Hanlan is definitely one of the best shooters in college basketball, he's going to surprise a lot of people next year

man Steven Adams is massive

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    man Steven Adams is massive
    That guy has the ****ing biggest head I have ever seen. I feel bad for his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    That guy has the ****ing biggest head I have ever seen. I feel bad for his mother.
    have you seen his feet/hands? Dude looks like he's about to grow again