Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: When do "bandwagon" fans become regular fans?

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I always get shit for this, but how do you root for a team with no history with where you live?

I don't understand how there can be a Heat fan in Minnesota with no connections to South Florida unless you bandwagon. Even if you started to root for them when they weren't good, how do you become a fan of them?
    I know people who became phin fans from outside of florida from watching dan marino and remained phin fans. I wouldn't call them bandwagon fans today.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

I'm not a LeBron stan. This statement is not true at all.
    You're in Florida you are excluded

I'm talking about these idiots who were Cavs fans since '03 and became Heat fans in 2010

There was a pic going around on twitter about a Cav fan his bio said #TeamCavs then when Bron joined the Heat his bio said #TeamHeat...somebody put those two pics together lol it was hilarious

I always get shit for this, but how do you root for a team with no history with where you live?

I don't understand how there can be a Heat fan in Minnesota with no connections to South Florida unless you bandwagon. Even if you started to root for them when they weren't good, how do you become a fan of them?
    maybe it's possible for someone to live in South Florida then move away?

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    I said no connections to South Florida

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Why would anybody want to do that?

I'm from Dallas I've always been an Ohio State fan cuz I always wanted to go there...

It's not about who you root for...its more of when you started rooted for them and if you stick with them when they suck

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    I know people who became phin fans from outside of florida from watching dan marino and remained phin fans. I wouldn't call them bandwagon fans today.
    I know some too, but what makes them stick wit the team after Marino after he retired, especially since the Fins have been down lately.

I said no connections to South Florida
    oh haha my bad. Well there's only 32 cities with NBA teams so it's not unreasonable to just pick a team/player you like and root for them

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

How do you guys feel bout people born in the states but don't werent born or dont live in an NBA city or state?

I fall into that category

What happens if you live in Transylvania or Tokyo?

You have no connection to ANY NBA team. If you're a basketball fan, you're probably going to have a favorite team or favorite player/players.

Whatever the reason they have to favor one team, who are you to say that's not a legit enough reason?

Even in America. What if you live in Des Moines Iowa? Iowa doesn't have a team. Why can't you be a Heat fan or a Grizzlies fan?

Does people who are fans of players only and follow whichever team they're on get regarded as bandwagon fans?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    What happens if you live in Transylvania or Tokyo?

You have no connection to ANY NBA team. If you're a basketball fan, you're probably going to have a favorite team or favorite player/players.

Whatever the reason they have to favor one team, who are you to say that's not a legit enough reason?

Even in America. What if you live in Des Moines Iowa? Iowa doesn't have a team. Why can't you be a Heat fan or a Grizzlies fan?
    I'm just wondering what makes people stick with the teams after those players retire, or move on. How many Heat fans who became Heat fans in 2010 will remain fans after the Heat stop being good?

Banned

I know some too, but what makes them stick wit the team after Marino after he retired, especially since the Fins have been down lately.
    My guess is they just decided to settle in and if this was that was their first team to root for even better. I personally can't root for other sports team outside of miami/forida/US national teams. That's why I can't get into soccer leagues like EPL (Except following some of the USMNT players in there) and there are not florida based MLS teams . I just started getting into hockey so I've just started following the panthers although I know they're nothing close to world beaters.

I'm just wondering what makes people stick with the teams after those players retire, or move on. How many Heat fans who became Heat fans in 2010 will remain fans after the Heat stop being good?
    Why does it matter?

Seriously. In what possible way does it affect you if they stay fans or don't?

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    Does people who are fans of players only and follow whichever team they're on get regarded as bandwagon fans?
    Yup...look at Bron stans for example