Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Ask Grinder anything about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    How long do you think Blake Griffin will be a Clipper?

you're such a pathetic ****

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Do you honestly see the Celtics making another championship run? Why, or why not?

How long do you think Blake Griffin will be a Clipper?

Provided they stay committed to winning and keep their nucleus of Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, Aminu, and Bledsoe, I say he'll be a Clipper for at least the next 8-10 years. Blake seems like a loyal guy, and I would love to see him turn the Clippers around into a bonafide playoff team.

They've already got talent and a Blake's really changed their culture, I could see them in the playoffs next year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    you're such a pathetic ****
    dude, its a fair question... nothing pathetic about it. if you are a clipper fan, which you obviously are, you know how sterling does his players.

geez, don't get so EMO....

Banned

dude, its a fair question... nothing pathetic about it. if you are a clipper fan, which you obviously are, you know how sterling does his players.

geez, don't get so EMO....

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Do you honestly see the Celtics making another championship run? Why, or why not?
    Absolutely, but it has to be within the next two years.

Why? There's amazing balance on this team with veterans and young guys that know their roles, are content with them, and are capable of executing. It doesn't seem like anyone has their own agendas and there seems to be a really strong culture on this team to go along with a good front office and ownership that's committed to winning.

They've got all the elements for a championship team:
    Rondo - great distributor, good defender, perfect point guard on this kind of team despite his abysmal shooting ability
    Allen - keeps the other team's D honest at all times and has ice water in his veins
    Pierce - the go to scorer and one of the most complete offensive players in the game
    KG - the defensive enforcer and still plenty capable of providing offense when he needs to. One of the best mid range Js out there.
    Shaq, Perkins, JO, Erden - tons and tons of size, no shortage of enforcers, and as we've seen, big man depth is crucial in the playoffs.
    Big Baby, Nate Robinson, Delonte West, Marquis Daniels - all very good bench guys that can provide a spark when needed. Delonte West will be big for this team if he can return to 100% by the playoffs.

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

you're the GM the Toronto Raptors and are in need of a total Re-do what 3 or 4 players would you keep around?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I've seen these guys play since high school and have always thought they were NBA talents. Both guys are pretty versatile and can do a little bit of everything (Especially Marcus) but don't have star potential by any means. Marcus has more perimeter skills, but Markieff's a bit bigger and is a better rebounder/post defender. I can see Marcus being a start, but Markieff is probably a solid backup 4/5.
    I just watched their game against K-State, both guys showed they had multi-talented skills, even good passing abilities and court vision. I don't think they'll be stars either but both are definitely NBA-bound.

That Thomas Robinson kid had a great game too after his tough week.

Quote Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
    you're the GM the Toronto Raptors are in need of a total Re-do what 3 or 4 players would you keep around?
    I would keep DeMar DeRozan, Jerryd Bayless and Ed Davis.

I think Bargnani could fetch a decent player and he'd be a nice complimentary piece for an already good team. He's worn out his welcome in Toronto in my opinion and has shown that he can't be the number one (and probably not the number 2 option) on a good team.

Everyone else on the roster is expendable.

Banned

is Dirkules Nowitzki the best player in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I would keep DeMar DeRozan, Jerryd Bayless and Ed Davis.

I think Bargnani could fetch a decent player and he'd be a nice complimentary piece for an already good team. He's worn out his welcome in Toronto in my opinion and has shown that he can't be the number one (and probably not the number 2 option) on a good team.

Everyone else on the roster is expendable.

word

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    I just watched their game against K-State, both guys showed they had multi-talented skills, even good passing abilities and court vision. I don't think they'll be stars either but both are definitely NBA-bound.

That Thomas Robinson kid had a great game too after his tough week.
    Pretty unbelievable what Robinson went through in the past month. I was really happy to see him have a good game today.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    is Dirkules Nowitzki the best player in the NBA?
    Nope.

will we see another quadruple double in the next decade? of all the players in the NBA who would you pick to have the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
    will we see another quadruple double in the next decade? of all the players in the NBA who would you pick to have the next one?
    I think there'll be one in the next decade. My best bet would be Rondo, Westbrook, or Wall (I think it's easier to get one with steals rather than blocks).

When it is all said and done who will be better, Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Durant? Do you judge better by stats, rings, or both?