Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Failed my CCNA exam by 1%.

You need an 82.5 to pass. I got an 81.3. This was a free test since I was invited to attend the Cisco Live Conference in Orlando, and now I gotta pay $300 to take it again. I'm on a plane back home and putting down Jack and Cokes to ease the disappointment...feels bad, man. I would have rather bombed it.

Anyone else here fail an important certification exam that they needed to advance their career? I could use some bounceback stories to cheer me up.

Default Re: Failed my CCNA exam by 1%.

I don't have a bounceback story but my dad didn't get his CPA until he was mid to late 30s and had a very successful career.

It's a temporary setback but only a small bump in the path of your career.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
    Cat Stevens always makes me want to slash my wrists.

ACLs can SMD.

How difficult was the exam? Im studying for ccna too.

It happens, man. Some certifications are very tough, especially since more often than not you're working full time. Three of my colleagues from work took the level 1 exam of the CFA and none of them passed. Kinda scared me, since I plan on starting it myself soon.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    How difficult was the exam? Im studying for ccna too.
    It wasn't really too difficult. Most of the multiple choice questions were laughably easy. The simlets were a bit harder, as they don't let you use some of the commands you can use on an actual router or switch. I got a simlet on Access Control Lists, which is probably my weakest point...and an EIGRP one that I could have sworn I configured perfectly but couldn't get full connectivity.

Banned

sounds like a standardized test, so in that case you have no one to blame but yourself.

I rule the local playground

hi, network engineer here, worked for 2 top ten ISPs in the last 5 years, you don't need that crap.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

01110100011010000110000101110100001000000111001101 1101010110001101101011011100110000110100001010

Quote Originally Posted by kenuffff
    hi, network engineer here, worked for 2 top ten ISPs in the last 5 years, you don't need that crap.
    It can help get your foot in the door. I got a network engineering internship because of it.

Banned

Network admin here too, I got CCNA certs from their web training bull crap when I was doing a course but never bothered sitting the full exams. They help on a resume but in the last 2 jobs I've had I've barely used anything from them. I thought it would be different in an ISP but a mate who's done his full CCNA says he doesn't use those skills either

In I.T once you've gotten some experience I find noone cares what qualifications you have. I do have other certs though, but places I've worked have told me they much prefer experience over any qualifications.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

that sucks

Back in high school here in New York you need to pass a certain amount of regent exams to qualify to graduate. I failed my living environment regents with a 64 one point shy of the passing grade of 65. I never ever skip questions and the one time in my life I skipped a question I could of gotten points for it even if I was wrong.

Fck me. Not as bad but a share of my experience in exams.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    You need an 82.5 to pass. I got an 81.3. This was a free test since I was invited to attend the Cisco Live Conference in Orlando, and now I gotta pay $300 to take it again. I'm on a plane back home and putting down Jack and Cokes to ease the disappointment...feels bad, man. I would have rather bombed it.

Anyone else here fail an important certification exam that they needed to advance their career? I could use some bounceback stories to cheer me up.
    Ouch but at least now you shouldn't have any fears when you take it again.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

I am in a position like that now. I've just done an exam and needed to get 75% to pass the course. I went really badly in an earlier prac exam that was worth 40% of my grade. This is the last course of my degree, if I fail I have to wait another year (and pay another 700ish dollars) to do it again. I honestly don't know how I went, and I don't find out until mid July. I think I got in the ball park, but it will really come down to how strict or lenient the marker will be. Like Draz I also answered every question but one, I really hope that one isn't the one to bite me in the ass.