Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Just watched Blade Runner for the first time...

Man this was a classic kick ass 80's sci fi/action film! Loved it. The setting reminded me of Total Recall. I'm surprised this one slipped by me previously but thank God for Netflix instant que.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Default Re: Just watched Blade Runner for the first time...

A true classic. Not only one of the best sci-fi films of all time, but also a riveting social commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Man this was a classic kick ass 80's sci fi/action film! Loved it. The setting reminded me of Total Recall. I'm surprised this one slipped by me previously but thank God for Netflix instant que.
    Definitely in my top 5 sci fi movies of all time. Ridley Scott creates such a great atmosphere. What do you think of the ending? * White text spoiler.

[COLOR=white]Is Harrison Ford a replicant?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    A true classic. Not only one of the best sci-fi films of all time, but also a riveting social commentary.
    Definitely had some undertones that's for sure. Why don't they make movies like this anymore? Ones that leave you with so many questions of possibilities etc. The only recent one that was like this was Surrogates. A movie I loved but that got really bad reviews. Someone needs to revive the Sci-fi genre for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Definitely in my top 5 sci fi movies of all time. Ridley Scott creates such a great atmosphere. What do you think of the ending? * White text spoiler.

[COLOR=white]Is Harrison Ford a replicant?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white][/COLOR]
    Um... I don't think he is to be honest. I do know it can go either way though. When will science be able to make me my own "Rachel" is what I want to know .
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 04-01-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Banned

akira ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Indeed. I saw it recently on there as well. It was one of those films that Ive heard about for awhile now, and various people telling me how cool it was, but I just never got around to it.

Finally one night, out of boredom, I just decided to watch, and was pleasantly surprised. Given the period this movie came out (early 80s) I have to say I liked it a lot.

The ending was cool when he figures out "Gaff" (edward james olmos) stopped by his apartment because of the origami left behind, and then pieces together that Gaff basically let him, and the replicant go to live their lives together.

Plus, the scenery was just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    akira ripoff

interesting, considering blade runner predates akira by about what, 15 years?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Indeed. I saw it recently on there as well. It was one of those films that Ive heard about for awhile now, and various people telling me how cool it was, but I just never got around to it.

Finally one night, out of boredom, I just decided to watch, and was pleasantly surprised. Given the period this movie came out (early 80s) I have to say I liked it a lot.

The ending was cool when he figures out "Gaff" (edward james olmos) stopped by his apartment because of the origami left behind, and then pieces together that Gaff basically let him, and the replicant go to live their lives together.

Plus, the scenery was just awesome.
    Same situation for me. Had heard about it from buddies for a long time and never got around to it and saw it in the this morning. Dude I didn't even realize Gaff was Olmos! LOL. They did a good job with his costume/face work. As for it being an 80's film that's okay with me. I'm only 25... but I LOVED watching all these odd sci fi movies of the 80's and 90's growing up. Even the corny classic fantasy ones like Highlander and all that. Search the Sci-fi instant queue section there are a couple other classics like this that everyone talks about that I've never seen you should check out.

Like "Invasion of the body snatchers" and "Mad Max".

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    interesting, considering blade runner predates akira by about what, 15 years?
    It's Nick Young we are talking about . He thinks Nick Young is a star player of sorts..

Awesome movie, I just recently watched it all the way through myself. Deckard is soooo a replicant.

Quote Originally Posted by fos
    Awesome movie, I just recently watched it all the way through myself. Deckard is soooo a replicant.
    Gah damn you guys! People keep saying this and I didn't pick it up. I was a bit distracted the last 25 minutes of movie. Guess I need to rewatch it right now. If he's a replicant how come he has no 4 year age limit like all the others besides Rachel did?

movie was cool... Saw it back when it came out.... Harrison Ford was on fire back then...

Wasnt Star wars ir Raiders of the lost Ark... but it was a good movie.. A little bleak but good

I just remember him getting his ass kicked in the rain on the roof somewhere in a hopeless futuristic city

I have still not seen this movie...

I guess I'll check it out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    movie was cool... Saw it back when it came out.... Harrison Ford was on fire back then...

Wasnt Star wars ir Raiders of the lost Ark... but it was a good movie.. A little bleak but good

I just remember him getting his ass kicked in the rain on the roof somewhere in a hopeless futuristic city
    Dude it looks like the only thing these classic setting sci fi/futuristic movies do is put up a ton of neon lights and make the city look like shit. LOL. It's seriously basically a ghetto city with a bunch of neon lights and weird people. Crazy how that could capture our imagination. The cars of the "future" are always old looking too...