Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller novocaine's Avatar

Default Re: Manu, Durant, Hedo, Gasol Bros., Calderon, Asik, Dirk, Casspi, Splitter To Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Reports are he already tried to sign with Panathinaikos, but they don't want to spend any money on him and that supposedly, his next choice then is Bayern.
    i always thought u werent that of a troll, but with your posts in this thread, you just disqualified yourself.

what does dirk need to prove ? right, nothing.

if he signs in europe, only with djk w

Default Re: Manu, Durant, Hedo, Gasol Bros., Calderon, Asik, Dirk, Casspi, Splitter To Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    What's in Valencia that Nike wants?
    Nike basically paid all of Childress' salary when he was in Olympiacos. What was there that they wanted?

[QUOTE=novocaine]i always thought u werent that of a troll, but with your posts in this thread, you just disqualified yourself.

what does dirk need to prove ? right, nothing.

if he signs in europe, only with djk w

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

I guess you didn't see my question:

Show me where Dirk is going to sign. I would like to read the article.

If they are so great why are they afraid of playing in Europe's best league?
    Do you honestly believe they are afraid? You're not trolling or anything. This is something you honestly believe?

Nike basically paid all of Childress' salary when he was in Olympiacos. What was there that they wanted?
    You tell me, you're the one who's lying through your teeth.

If they are so great why are they afraid of playing in Europe's best league?
    Because its all minor league bball to the nba players- if they are going to be playing minor league ball than its just for the team that gives them the most money- its not like the nba players care which minor league they play in, none are the nba

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Because its all minor league bball to the nba players- if they are going to be playing minor league ball than its just for the team that gives them the most money- its not like the nba players care which minor league they play in, none are the nba
    The NBA is also a minor league then, since it pays most players less than they make in Europe.

Not airballing my layups anymore RintjeRitsma's Avatar

Not airballing my layups anymore RintjeRitsma's Avatar

The NBA is also a minor league then, since it pays most players less than they make in Europe.
    Making less money, yet they still all rather play in the best league when they get the chance. Who doesn't want to play in the NBA, Right? As Spanoulis once told us...

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

EuroLeague, show me the article, so I can read it. What "reports" are you talking about?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Yes Euroleague title is a dream

For all American players

They will get homecoming parade

Like Anthony Parker

And get the Best Scrub Citizen Award

And franchise player type of contract

And be mention on the same breath

With Ear Jordan

Win MVP

You will forever in Euroleague lore

Americans will talk about you

You will never fade away from obscurity

Like Joseph Blair

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    While I'm sure both Gasols would love to play for Barcelona if there's a lockout, I'm just not sure if Barcelona should do it.
    Sure, the team would get better, but what would happen the following season? The Gasol brothers would leave, and Barcelona's frontcourt would be really thin (it's not like they can keep on the injured list the players that would replaced by Pau and Marc).
    Barcelona is a top candidate to win every FIBA trophy as it is, so why risk their future?
    they should do it because if the nba is cancelling the whole season, the league will be severely damaged and euroleague and ACB must do everything they can to steal a piece of the basketball cake.

you start by getting all the nba superstars you can to play this season in europe, that way you get sponsors and media attention, and european leagues can grow and narrow the gap with NBA just a little.

also this way, players can see that playing in europe is not that bad, and superstars in their primes already would have done it, setting a precedent.

also, spanish media report real madrid going for dwight howard and/or lamarcus alridge (real madrid trailblazers with rudy, sergio and alridge )

Quote Originally Posted by sodap
    they should do it because if the nba is cancelling the whole season, the league will be severely damaged and euroleague and ACB must do everything they can to steal a piece of the basketball cake.

you start by getting all the nba superstars you can to play this season in europe, that way you get sponsors and media attention, and european leagues can grow and narrow the gap with NBA just a little.

also this way, players can see that playing in europe is not that bad, and superstars in their primes already would have done it, setting a precedent.

also, spanish media report real madrid going for dwight howard and/or lamarcus alridge (real madrid trailblazers with rudy, sergio and alridge )
    Fair argument, but in terms of quality players produced European basketball is closing the gap little by little every year because of a better development system for youth players.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Manu, Durant, Hedo, Gasol Bros., Calderon, Asik, Dirk, Casspi, Splitter To Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Fair argument, but in terms of quality players produced European basketball is closing the gap little by little every year because of a better development system for youth players.
    How is the gap closing when the last european players to have a major impact in Nba were drafted in 2001(Parker,Pau).Europe hasnt produced anythin but solid starters(Marc Gasol,Deng,Batm) or role players ever since.