Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

Default Predict our record

How many think we hit 50 wins?

I'm going just shy of 50 wins, at 48-34, 2nd in the Atlantic in a close race with Boston.

Krust Kingz

Default Re: Predict our record

[COLOR="Red"]I predict 42 -40 around .500. Considering all the injuries, inability to play cohesive (built in excuses already with Shump and Brewer out), age on this team this would be about where the talent is.

The ceiling for me is 44 wins but can easily be mid 30's based on history. [/COLOR]

2010-11: 42-40
    2011-12: 45-37 (it was actually 36-30 but that's what you get if you show it like a 82 game season record)

I think that we have a better team than we had in 2 previous seasons. Also we have a better coach. I say we'll finish with the 49-33 record.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Red"]I predict 42 -40 around .500. Considering all the injuries, inability to play cohesive (built in excuses already with Shump and Brewer out), age on this team this would be about where the talent is.

The ceiling for me is 44 wins but can easily be mid 30's based on history. [/COLOR]
    I completely forgot Shump and Brewer will miss time to start the season (been playing too much 2k13 with them in the games)

The age doesn't bother me; I think Kidd will give us good spurts, and I still think Camby has enough in him to fit his role adequately. As for 'Sheed and Kurt, I don't think they will be given a long enough leash for their age to effect the team negatively.

If we fall into the 30s in wins, under .500 which is a step backwards, I can only imagine what the STAT and 'Melo haters will be saying.
    Last edited by Court Vision; 10-07-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Max of 53, but as a betting man, i'll safely say 47, with a bottom out of 43 pending a ton of injuries.

injuries already and its only preseason

i say 45-44 wins

if the last 2 seasons were any indications, we will get hit hard again

I looked at our schedule and decided to make a list of all afternoon games we'll play.

Sunday , Nov. 4 - vs 76ers 12:00 PM
    Sunday , Nov. 18 - vs Pacers 12:00 PM
    Sunday , Nov. 25 - vs Pistons 12:00 PM
    Sunday , Dec. 2 - vs Suns 12:00 PM
    Sunday , Dec. 23 - vs Wolves 5:00 PM
    Tuesday , Dec.25 - @ Lakers 3:00 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Jan. 11 - vs Hornets 12:00 PM
    Monday , Jan. 21 - vs Nets 3:30 PM on NBA TV
    Sunday , Feb. 10 - vs Clippers 1:00 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Mar. 3 - vs Heat 1:00 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Mar. 17 - @ Clippers 3:30 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Apr. 7 - @ Thunder 1:00 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Apr. 14 - vs Pacers 3:30 PM

So we have 13 games,10 of them will be played at MSG. I especially look forward towards those games because for those who live in Europe it's the opportunity to watch basketball in normal time (around 6-7 PM,all other games are around 1-2 AM which is pretty late).
    Also some of the Knicks best wins last season came in the afternoon games (Celtics on Christmas,Bulls where Melo hit those threes,Mavs...).

I didn't know where to put this so I decided to put it in this thread. Hopefully it will be helpful to some other European Knicks fans.
    I assume Jasi loves these afternoon games.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I looked at our schedule and decided to make a list of all afternoon games we'll play.

Sunday , Nov. 4 - vs 76ers 12:00 PM
    Sunday , Nov. 18 - vs Pacers 12:00 PM
    Sunday , Nov. 25 - vs Pistons 12:00 PM
    Sunday , Dec. 2 - vs Suns 12:00 PM
    Sunday , Dec. 23 - vs Wolves 5:00 PM
    Tuesday , Dec.25 - @ Lakers 3:00 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Jan. 11 - vs Hornets 12:00 PM
    Monday , Jan. 21 - vs Nets 3:30 PM on NBA TV
    Sunday , Feb. 10 - vs Clippers 1:00 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Mar. 3 - vs Heat 1:00 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Mar. 17 - @ Clippers 3:30 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Apr. 7 - @ Thunder 1:00 PM on ABC
    Sunday , Apr. 14 - vs Pacers 3:30 PM

So we have 13 games,10 of them will be played at MSG. I especially look forward towards those games because for those who live in Europe it's the opportunity to watch basketball in normal time (around 6-7 PM,all other games are around 1-2 AM which is pretty late).
    Also some of the Knicks best wins last season came in the afternoon games (Celtics on Christmas,Bulls where Melo hit those threes,Mavs...).

I didn't know where to put this so I decided to put it in this thread. Hopefully it will be helpful to some other European Knicks fans.
    I assume Jasi loves these afternoon games.
    I don't mind Sunday afternoon games, but they are almost always sloppy and sluggish coming out of the gate.

66-0

Oh wait were playing 82 games this season?

42-40

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

55-27. This is a talented team, and it seems everyone is selling them short.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    55-27. This is a talented team, and it seems everyone is selling them short.
    I like it, though. People had higher expectations for us entering last season and that roster had half the talent this one does. I expect 54-56 wins with HCA in Round 1 and an epic battle with Boston in the second round.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I'm going to say 45-37. I think we may get off to a slow start then pick up steam, especially after the All Star break. I'd actually prefer we gradually pick up steam. That way we'll gain some momentum going into the playoffs. Health will play a huge part in our season. Not just Iman and Amare's health or even Melo, but you would have to assume with all the elderly on our roster that we our likeliness to have injuries has been ratcheded up some.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]For the people that predict plus 45 wins explain it....

Just to say this team is talented isnt enough IMHO. You have an average PG in Felton, You have a crusty Jkidd, You have a very good defensive Center that loves techs, You have a great scorer in Melo, you have Stat who knows what he is, Shump great on ball defender young, Camby can rebound and block shots

No one else is consequential! You need great talent to win in this league or a great coach that can get the most out of his players...

The Knicks have neither but they have some talent and a coach that isnt special. That doesnt equate to 50 plus wins in the NBA.

[/COLOR]

Just to say this team is talented isnt enough IMHO. You have an average PG in Felton, You have a crusty Jkidd, You have a very good defensive Center that loves techs, You have a great scorer in Melo, you have Stat who knows what he is, Shump great on ball defender young, Camby can rebound and block shots

No one else is consequential! You need great talent to win in this league or a great coach that can get the most out of his players...

The Knicks have neither but they have some talent and a coach that isnt special. That doesnt equate to 50 plus wins in the NBA.

[/COLOR]
    STAT knows what he is? Which is what? An MVP candidate two seasons ago?

Novak doesn't miss.

JR Smith is one of the most offensively talented wing players in the game.

If you draw out last year to an 82 game season, the Knicks winning percentage would give you ~45 wins, so an improvement from that isn't out of the ordinary.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

[/COLOR]

We won 43 with Mike D'Antoni, who didn't know his ass from his elbow as a coach. Now we our stars healthy, a full training camp for the first time, and a competent coach. The old guys are our bench. Our core is players are predominantly in the middle of their prime.

Knicks were 18-6 under Woodson. That projects to 61.5 wins for the year. I think going with 55 wins was conservative.
    Last edited by Sarcastic; 10-09-2012 at 10:28 AM.