Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: 10 Greatest NBA Teams of All-Time According to InsideHoops - Vote #1

Looks like my '72 Lakers are doing quite well. I suggest anyone to research that team. They dominated the entire league more than any other team in NBA history. Hell, they faced the defending champion and 63-19 Bucks five times in the regular season (going 4-1), and the six more times in the playoffs (going 4-2), and finished 8-3 against them.

They wiped out EVERY team in their seasonal and post-season H2H's.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: 10 Greatest NBA Teams of All-Time According to InsideHoops - Vote #1

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Looks like my '72 Lakers are doing quite well. I suggest anyone to research that team. They dominated the entire league more than any other team in NBA history. Hell, they faced the defending champion and 63-19 Bucks five times in the regular season (going 4-1), and the six more times in the playoffs (going 4-2), and finished 8-3 against them.

They wiped out EVERY team in their seasonal and post-season H2H's.
    Chamberlain himself thought the '67 Sixers were better.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Chamberlain himself thought the '67 Sixers were better.
    And you know why don't you? Because the '67 Sixer center was better than the '72 Laker center.

I have the '67 Sixers at #2.

Then the '96 Bulls, and the '71 Bucks. Those are my "set-in-stone" Top-4. After that, any of the following in any order... '86 Celts, '85 and/or the '87 Lakers.

The '83 Sixers have to be in there somewhere, as does either the '92 Bulls or '97 Bulls.

Learning to shoot layups

86 celtics

My GOAT team is the 1967 Sixers.

Greatest peak player, the most physical frontcourt imaginable, and an unstoppable offensive machine that scored at 125 a clip.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

'86 Celtics with a comfortable lead. Will start the #2 thread in a couple of hours if voting stays the same.

Learning to shoot layups

I'm confused on how jlauber can have it both ways. How can the two best teams in history be wilt teams if he never had enough help?

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    And you know why don't you? Because the '67 Sixer center was better than the '72 Laker center.

I have the '67 Sixers at #2.

Then the '96 Bulls, and the '71 Bucks. Those are my "set-in-stone" Top-4. After that, any of the following in any order... '86 Celts, '85 and/or the '87 Lakers.

The '83 Sixers have to be in there somewhere, as does either the '92 Bulls or '97 Bulls.
    72 Lakers?
    They were slower than 96 bulls, not as good on defense, Kukoc superior to any bench player. Rodman could offset Chamberlain on boards, & Harper makes Goodrich work for points.

Plus the 67 Sixers had more power (67 wilt more energy than 72 wilt) walker would've dominated mcmillian on baseline, & while Jackson couldn't keep up with Happy he would beat him up in the post. West vs Greer a wash (speed vs strength). Goodrich tears up Jones but no Laker subs could match Cunningham. Power = rebounds and easier shots. Plus the 72 Lakers couldn't run fastbreak w/o rebounds.

By the definition of "greatest team" it is very obviously the 95-96 Bulls.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

2004 Pistons