Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: Get the fvck over the draft lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    I suppose... But as non-Cavs fan, if they do select what turns out to be a HOF type player with their first pick, it'd be frustrating and a bit pointless to watch said player accumulate stats on non-contending Cavs teams before bolting to a shiny big market.
    t i get the point.. I'm ultra pissed at the Indianapolis colts for having all that time with Peyton, having a year with no QB, then tanking for Andrew Luck.

But look at KD an OKC. KD hasn't seemed to give any indication he wants out. Not every superstar player is like Lebron. (and it's not like the cavs weren't contending with Lebron, they were in the mix his last 3 seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    What separates them?

They didn't get Lebron and then surround him with nothing for 7 years. The Suns got Nash, Amare, Marion...and a group of quality role players as well for years.

They clearly built more around Amare than the Cavs did around Lebron....it's not even remotely close.

But that isn't even really the point. The Suns didn't get 4 number 1 picks in 11 years.

Nobody cares about this if the Cavs do something with this latest one now. We want them to. We want them to be good. We want to see more quality teams.

That is what this is about. The more quality teams...the more fun the NBA is. And we rightfully are worried that a franchise like the Cavs that seem to always screw it up...is going to screw it up again and we are worried we are going to see really good young players wasting away in Cleveland.

Did Cleveland ruin Lebron's career? No.

Did Milwaukee ruin Kareem's career? No.

Did Orlando ruin Dwight's career? No.

Did Orlando ruin Shaq's career? No.

Did OKC ruin Harden's career? No.

Did Denver ruin Melo's career? No.

I get the saltiness, but let's not act like a player goes to Cleveland and contracts some terrible space jam disease where they are terrible the rest of their career.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Did Cleveland ruin Lebron's career? No.

Did Milwaukee ruin Kareem's career? No.

Did Orlando ruin Dwight's career? No.

Did Orlando ruin Shaq's career? No.

Did OKC ruin Harden's career? No.

Did Denver ruin Melo's career? No.

I get the saltiness, but let's not act like a player goes to Cleveland and contracts some terrible space jam disease where they are terrible the rest of their career.
    Dude. I don't understand this. Nobody is saying this just about the Cavs....it's just that the Cavs are the most recent team to do this shit.

It's a wide spread problem in the NBA for some of these markets/franchises.

Nobody said the Cavs ruined Lebron's career. But they sure wasted 7 years of it giving him scraps to work with...let's be honest.

That is all this is. People would be saying the same shit if so many other teams had done what the Cavs have done the last 11 years.

You Cavs fans act like it's personal. It's not. It's about what your franchise has done for a long time now. It's just been a poorly run franchise for a long time now and as fans it scares us to see so much young talent heading to a shit franchise with a history of screwing things up...because we want more quality teams.

I just hate the draft lottery for this reason. I know the Cavs got lucky...this isn't about that. I'm for an almost completely random draft with each team getting the same odds each year. Because giving high picks to shit teams fails just as much as it works. It promotes tanking and being bad...and essentially turns some markets into developmental teams. Like the Wolves.

And most likely what would have been the Cavs with Irving had they not lucked into the first pick this year.

We just want to see them do something with it now. They could not have done worse with Lebron...hopefully they do better with all the stuff they have now.

t i get the point.. I'm ultra pissed at the Indianapolis colts for having all that time with Peyton, having a year with no QB, then tanking for Andrew Luck.

But look at KD an OKC. KD hasn't seemed to give any indication he wants out. Not every superstar player is like Lebron. (and it's not like the cavs weren't contending with Lebron, they were in the mix his last 3 seasons)
    See...this is the problem people have with Cavs fans.

Comparing KD and Lebron? What?

KD is playing on a loaded team with a legit superstar and a great 3rd guy in Ibaka with a really good drafting GM with tons of future assets and young players.

The Cavs were so much worse than these Thunder teams it's just laughable to compare them...

Dude. I don't understand this. Nobody is saying this just about the Cavs....it's just that the Cavs are the most recent team to do this shit.

It's a wide spread problem in the NBA for some of these markets/franchises.

Nobody said the Cavs ruined Lebron's career. But they sure wasted 7 years of it giving him scraps to work with...let's be honest.

That is all this is. People would be saying the same shit if so many other teams had done what the Cavs have done the last 11 years.

You Cavs fans act like it's personal. It's not. It's about what your franchise has done for a long time now. It's just been a poorly run franchise for a long time now and as fans it scares us to see so much young talent heading to a shit franchise with a history of screwing things up...because we want more quality teams.

I just hate the draft lottery for this reason. I know the Cavs got lucky...this isn't about that. I'm for an almost completely random draft with each team getting the same odds each year. Because giving high picks to shit teams fails just as much as it works. It promotes tanking and being bad...and essentially turns some markets into developmental teams. Like the Wolves.

And most likely what would have been the Cavs with Irving had they not lucked into the first pick this year.

We just want to see them do something with it now. They could not have done worse with Lebron...hopefully they do better with all the stuff they have now.

that's just revisionist history. You act as if the cavs were in the lottery rather then contenders. Lebron had his opportunities in Cleveland.
    Last edited by DukeDelonte13; 05-21-2014 at 11:31 AM.

See...this is the problem people have with Cavs fans.

Comparing KD and Lebron? What?

KD is playing on a loaded team with a legit superstar and a great 3rd guy in Ibaka with a really good drafting GM with tons of future assets and young players.

The Cavs were so much worse than these Thunder teams it's just laughable to compare them...

what have the thunder done that the cavs didn't? get to the finals once? be disappointing?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Lakers got robbed.
    STFU, your franchise has had enough success, some of it through rigging; 2002.

It's long overdue that the Lakers fell into complete irrelevance.

what have the thunder done that the cavs didn't? get to the finals once? be disappointing?
    What?

It's not just about results...it's about building a quality team.

Again...this is the problem with delusional Cavs fans. You think Lebron left for no reason or that he has a flaw or something. He left because you gave him shit to work with for 7 years and basically had no future.

Take a look at the the differences;

KD is now in year 7....the same year Lebron left.

The Thunder have been contenders since 2011. They have a superstar in Westbrook who is 25 years old. Ibaka is a great 3rd guy...he's 24. Reggie Jackson is a fantastic 6th man...he's 23. They have a beast of a prospect at center with Adams. Perry Jones and Lamb are both promising and they are 22 and 21 respectively.

And they have an extra pick in the draft this year.

So not only have the Thunder been contenders since 2011, but they have a brighter future on paper than any other team in the league.

The Cavs never gave Lebron a player as Ibaka his entire team in Cleveland. Mo Williams, probably the best player Lebron had, would be the 5th best player on the current Thunder.

Even worse, the Cavs were old as ****.

Look at what the Cavs were running out;

Mo Williams
    Jamison (old)
    Shaq (old)
    Parker (old)
    West
    Andy
    Moon
    Big Z (old)

That is what the Cavs had the year Lebron left. It's laughable how bad that is for the future. They had nothing. And they weren't even close to as good as the Thunder are now when healthy.

Please stop comparing the two situations. Durant would be a moron to leave....Lebron absolutely had to leave in order to win.

And I'd also like to point out...that the current Cavs should be in a position to trade some of their young players and picks for a true star. Like Kevin Love, but most likely they can't, because a guy like Love won't agree to stay for sure.

That is an issue Cavs fans try to sweep under the rug.

Again, we all want the Cavs to be good. We want every team to be better. It's way more fun to watch the league. The West was amazing this year. The East was shit. And it's not as fun. If there were 5 more good teams...that NBA would be so much better. And it's frustrating when teams like the Wolves and Cavs squander a lot of what they've gotten.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-21-2014 at 12:10 PM.

the Cavs have been gifted nothing. they've managed to screw up everything, expect them to continue doing so.

any team that re-hires Mike Brown should get no respect from anyone.

and the moron that made that move should not be allowed to hold any front office position forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Dat moment when you realize you are going to Cleveland or Milwaukee.
    Wiggins probably bolting after his 4th season. Ditto for Joel.

I just can't see them having success on those teams that will convince them to stay.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Wiggins probably bolting after his 4th season. Ditto for Joel.

I just can't see them having success on those teams that will convince them to stay.
    I love how people are speculating 5, 6, 7 years down the road.

The last 18 hours have been priceless.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

What?

It's not just about results...it's about building a quality team.

Again...this is the problem with delusional Cavs fans. You think Lebron left for no reason or that he has a flaw or something. He left because you gave him shit to work with for 7 years and basically had no future.

Take a look at the the differences;

KD is now in year 7....the same year Lebron left.

The Thunder have been contenders since 2011. They have a superstar in Westbrook who is 25 years old. Ibaka is a great 3rd guy...he's 24. Reggie Jackson is a fantastic 6th man...he's 23. They have a beast of a prospect at center with Adams. Perry Jones and Lamb are both promising and they are 22 and 21 respectively.

And they have an extra pick in the draft this year.

So not only have the Thunder been contenders since 2011, but they have a brighter future on paper than any other team in the league.

The Cavs never gave Lebron a player as Ibaka his entire team in Cleveland. Mo Williams, probably the best player Lebron had, would be the 5th best player on the current Thunder.

Even worse, the Cavs were old as ****.

Look at what the Cavs were running out;

Mo Williams
    Jamison (old)
    Shaq (old)
    Parker (old)
    West
    Andy
    Moon
    Big Z (old)

That is what the Cavs had the year Lebron left. It's laughable how bad that is for the future. They had nothing. And they weren't even close to as good as the Thunder are now when healthy.

Please stop comparing the two situations. Durant would be a moron to leave....Lebron absolutely had to leave in order to win.

And I'd also like to point out...that the current Cavs should be in a position to trade some of their young players and picks for a true star. Like Kevin Love, but most likely they can't, because a guy like Love won't agree to stay for sure.

That is an issue Cavs fans try to sweep under the rug.

Again, we all want the Cavs to be good. We want every team to be better. It's way more fun to watch the league. The West was amazing this year. The East was shit. And it's not as fun. If there were 5 more good teams...that NBA would be so much better. And it's frustrating when teams like the Wolves and Cavs squander a lot of what they've gotten.

This.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Are people serious?

First it was "build the team the right way; through the draft".

Now even that isn't the right way.

It has become "build the team right way, without getting too lucky, and don't buy too many good players as well"...

Serious playground baller Ball So Harden's Avatar

I like that idea, but with a tweak. Give teams the ability to declare franchise players. A franchise contract could allow for longer contracts that can pay more per year. If your team and a player come to terms on such a contract, you are ineligible for a top 3 pick until that contract is no longer on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Cleveland got lucky but no one else missed out majorly or got robbed.
    The Pistons lost their pick. Cleveland bumped them out of the top 8.