Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

andddd welcome back euroleague. thread selection: A

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    put together quick from tonight's game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUqRmnKAolw
    F*ck. Why can't MIA get guys like these?

Banned

The white Al Jefferson!

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    The white Al Jefferson!
    Just picked him up in fantasy, hope he keeps this up When Darko comes back, i hope he continues to play starters minutes. as for the wolves team, their fans must be quite excited by their overall talent, good to see a smaller market teams becoming a force.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    he's very good but everybody playing with rubio looks very good...

Rubio isn't the reason he has been beasting though. Put that idea to rest. Rubio will set players up for dunks, but he can't help them bully in the paint and do post moves for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Americans have been making fum of him for years in this forum.

"LMFAO at this SCRUB that was in the all Euroleague team".

"This POS bench scrub can't even get in a game in the NBA, but he dominated in Europe".

About 1,000 such variations of those comments, about 1,000 times in this forum.

Along with calling EVERY single European fan a liar, troll, "insane", etc. if they said he could easily play in the NBA if he was just given a chance by his stupid idiot NBA coaches to play.

No one in Europe would ever claim Milicic was half as good as Pekovic, yet 100% of the Americans in this forum would call you a troll and say you should be banned if it was said in this forum.

The point is that American NBA fans are incredibly hypocritical and have extremely low knowledge of the game of basketball, and are incredibly xenophobic and out of line with their unbelievable hatred towards anything related to European basketball.

Now all of a sudden, the same people are praising Pekovic..........it proves the unbelievable level of hypocrisy that American NBA fans have.

And FYI genius, Pekovic was a below average defender and rebounder by Euroleague level standards.
    Wow, that's horrible. The Euroleague really sucks. You can tell he has developed his game then.

February 3rd against Nets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Frep79gE2o

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    just what I was hopin for with Rabid Canines - PAINT BALL

Get this guy on some serious rebounding regimen and Let the Pounding Begin

"I gotta have help over here Love is killin' me"

"Whatcha mean you wanna double team on Love? I can't leave the Balkan Beast alone!!"

"Don't let Rubio drive, fight through that flimsy pick"

"Flimsy?? You try and get through that pig"

"Wait........ where did all the rebounds go..........."

LOL idk why but from the main page I read this as "Nikola Pekovic is dead" I was like

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    He is a great rebounder.
    Don't look at his latest numbers, guy has been a very poor rebounded and defender throughout his career. He couldn't box out to save his life and his jumping was poor. He looks in much better shape now as compared to his European days, he clearly lost some weight and hopefully learned a few things going along, so some improvement is to be expected. His scoring figures should also rise a lot now that he has Rubio to feed him.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by morbius
    Don't look at his latest numbers, guy has been a very poor rebounded and defender throughout his career. He couldn't box out to save his life and his jumping was poor. He looks in much better shape now as compared to his European days, he clearly lost some weight and hopefully learned a few things going along, so some improvement is to be expected. His scoring figures should also rise a lot now that he has Rubio to feed him.
    This season he played in Partizan where Acie Law was a pg ( played very bad ) and he played great so he doesnt need a good pg . He rebounded great in offence and played better defense than he played before so you can see he improved and it doesnt matter how he played before

Quote Originally Posted by morbius
    I don't see the big Rubio effect on Pekovic. He has had tremendous pick and roll point guards playing with him before in Panathinaikos, such as Diamantidis, Jasikeivicus, Spanoulis, all of whom are better at running the pick and roll than Rubio is.

On the other hand, in Partizan, he didn't have much in the way of that type of passing point guard. I saw no difference at all in his individual offensive game from Partizan to Panathinaikos. People are just wanting to credit Rubio for everything, whether he deserves it or not.

I agree about his defense and rebounding though. He was often on the bench in Panathinaikos because his defense and rebounding were so bad.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-10-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Cuba

He's killing the Knicks right now, this guy is definitely for real.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    He's killing the Knicks right now, this guy is definitely for real.
    quite probable the sitting of the Balkan Bruiser cost the Wolves that game along with several other games.

Adelman has not found his wisdom-method of this team and he'd better hurry up with it or they're gonna collapse on morale.

Best manuever to me is ditch platoon rotations. Some teams that works, this one it doesn't