Group D W L +/-
    *CSKA Moscow 6 2 +114
    Real Madrid 5 3 +31
    Efes Pilsen 4 4 -19
    Partizan 3 5 -7
    Armani Jeans 3 5 -30
    Panionios 3 5 -75

* team already qualified to Top16
    Barca,Tau and CSKA avoid each other in the next stage.Montepaschi looked good against a very predictable panathinaikos.Unicaja are dark horses for me.DKV are practically out and ALBA looks like qualifying,unbelievable really.all dkv had to do was beat them at home and they ruined it.coach showed inexperience.Ricky doesn't look anywhere near as good as he did prior injury. Olympiakos should not have gone to play maccabi,infact no team should go and play them.My hat's off for the turkish for throwing bnei out in their cup competition.South Africans weren't allowed to take part in competitions during apartheid why do we allow these non-europeans who are doing a lot worse than the south africans did to the black community take part,throw them out now!

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague

No one's going to throw out israel. There one of the few "western" economies that hasn't imploded and growing. No country in the world was ever built on being nice or good deeds.

With the economic strife in the us is it time to declare the age of the euroleague. The better basketball minds are in europe and the nba is without direction.

Of course Turkey would throw out an Israeli team. Look at the largest denomination in Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    Of course Turkey would throw out an Israeli team. Look at the largest denomination in Turkey.
    I don't agree with what israel's government is doing and I do feel despair. I'm not really upset because the signs were there, I was expecting this, and I can't be the only one.

Turkey has a long history of killing their arab muslim minority. Israel's treatment of the palestinians haven't been a deal breaker in the past, they're major trading partners.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 01-12-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Wait and see what! all I see is compromise and looking the other way. The world's countries have enough problems in their own back yards. I have a governor that has the same concerns that I do and he won't even consider a boycott.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Wait and see what! all I see is compromise and looking the other way. The world's countries have enough problems in their own back yards. I have a governor that has the same concerns that I do and he won't even consider a boycott.
    My point is that I cannot do anything by myself to change anything.

Maybe I have a lot more power in what I say than I originally thought.

My point is that I cannot do anything by myself to change anything.

Maybe I have a lot more power in what I say than I originally thought.
    Where I'm at "I'll wait and see" is in context of an aggressive prediction. But context is a culture thing.

Back to the point I'm sick of politics since politicians are nothing but disappointments. What's the best team in the euroleague. I like Barcelona but the competition is close.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 01-13-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Honestly, I think us Americans are better off not getting into anybody's business. It's bad enough that we get shat on for being in Iraq and other places. I'm tired of being a "world super power". Somebody else should take over that role.

The way the us is bankrupting itself you'll get your wish. I can't grasp a trillion dollar budget deficit. The financial crisis is without a doubt the biggest story in the world right now. The US did a lot of good being everywhere but we can't afford it anymore.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Honestly, I think us Americans are better off not getting into anybody's business. It's bad enough that we get shat on for being in Iraq and other places. I'm tired of being a "world super power". Somebody else should take over that role.
    Amen to that! what a better place the world would be!!! I laugh at fox news!! it's like watching Joseph Goebels tv! You got shat for being in Iraq? Why do you think? the fact that more innocent civilians got killed by americans in a couple of days than americans and other nationalities died in the towers? Could it be the torture of hundreds of innocent people? Baffling that the western world is so unbelievably blind! 5 israelis are killed 1000 palestians are killed and it's both sides that are committing atrocities? palestians are living like **** oppressed by israelis for years in illegally occupied territories and when they rebel and try to defend themselves it's terrorism,when the israelis then go and indiscriminately bomb civilians and hospitals and schools its self defence!! Israel is a criminal country with the worst human rights record in the world!! It is unbelievable that the rest of the world is blind to this or decide to turn their heads.All because almighty america supports them. If any other country in the world did an eighth of what israel does they would have been condemned and bombed ages ago.Americans have no morales or principles,they think they stand for democracy but that is bull****. Saudi is not a democratic country neither are any of the gulf states. Iran is more democratic than any of those.If democracy rises in an american puppet dictatorship they crush it down. see Chile,Egypt,etc etc. Israel has committed a higher crime than iraq did when they invaded kuwait.Israel have invaded land ,kept it illegally for 40 years and oppressed their people,then as if that wasn't enough they have herded them like sheep in a tiny strip of land and bombed them to bits,kids and all.Then they ban all the arab parties from the knesset because they speak against them, great democracy. The world is a **** place mostly because of the american foreign policy,they have cause a lot of damage all over the world protecting their interests at any cost.So I agree I wish too that you guys stayed in your country.

By the way on the basketball. Barca has been the best so far. Montepaschi has been good too. Something wrong in the system when a team with a record of 2 and 8 (Prokom) qualifies for the last 16 and 3 others stay out with 4 and 6 . In fact prokom has the joint worst record in the league and yet they make it to the top 16!!! It should be top 4 of every group provided you have atleast 4 wins.If not the best team of the non qualifiers goes through.

Group F is going to be the most interesting. The conflict is going to be way better than anything the nba is going to offer. I don't know how that group is going to turnout but I have a feeling maccabi and one of the acb teams will advance.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Group F is going to be the most interesting. The conflict is going to be way better than anything the nba is going to offer. I don't know how that group is going to turnout but I have a feeling maccabi and one of the acb teams will advance.
    Let's go Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv!

Let's go Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv!
    I hope that barca go through. and alba because I hate madrid.however if its between madrid or the asian team i go for madrid.
    It is by far the hardest group.
    I still cant believe that the competition is set in such a way that the team with the weakest record of the entire competition is allowed to make it through to the last 16!(Prokom)