Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default Kevin Garnett elbowed Q-Rich in Game 1. UPDATE: KG suspended one game

Quentin Richardson was approaching in peace to see if Paul Pierce was ok, and in an extremely immature and asenine act, Kevin Garnett threw a small push with his elbow at Quentin Richardson. They exchanged words, and Garnett then threw a second, hard, violent elbow shot towards Quentin Richardson's head and neck. This type of behavior is absolutely intolerable, and steps need to be taken to eliminate this type of disgusting, childish behavior from this postseason, and from the game as a whole.

It's extremely shameful for KG to still act this way at his age.

I feel the league should send a strong message and fine him $25,000.00 and suspend him for one game for each elbow shot thrown.

How many of you see nothing wrong with the first "elbow push", but think KG should be fined and suspended for the 2nd, violent elbow shot?

How many other posters agree that the league should make an example out of this type of disgusting, unnecessary behavior?

Default Re: Kevin Garnett Suspension

Really?

I am going to have to check if anyone started a suspension thread when Kobe raped Battier and left him bloody in front of everyone.

I would also ask that everyone be respectful in this discussion, and we all can benefit from everyone's references evets they percieve as similar, opinions about suspensions in general, and the general tone that we might like to see as fans this postseason.

I for one think the league should take strong action, specifically against a player who has repeatedly done things that incite unnecessary conflict.

College star

was horry suspended when he body checked nash into the boards hockey style a few years ago?

High School Starter

Anybody here have a video?

Two elbows to the face not in the heat of the game deserves a two game suspension.

When Pierce went down. And Richardson walked over to Pierce he must of said something to Pierce.. and Garnett was there sticking up for Pierce and that's when it all happened. Hopefully KG doesn't get suspended...

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

In the last video the refs show of it, they only show it one time, but it was a slowmotion angle caught looking up at KG when he was walking away fromk Richardson and you can clearly see him wind up his elbow, no one was holding him, he knew were Q was and his strike found its mark, what a snake.

Banned

Mr. Garnett will not be appearing in game 2 of this series. I am very sure of that.

I think that he just deserves a fine. It was bull, but the Heat will get him back. Trust me... they are men, let them handle it.

He got tossed, but it was just unlucky timing that it wasn't at a part of the game where it mattered.

He didn't really do anything that was worthy of saying YOU ARE SUSPENDED. But if he gets suspended, I won't think it's unwarranted. I just don't think they will... probably end up getting a fine if anything.

-Smak

Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bada bing
    was horry suspended when he body checked nash into the boards hockey style a few years ago?
    2 games

One game? Nicca stern suspended Melo for 15 games. Garnett should miss 10.

Banned

Did any of you guys see Garnetrtt throw another cheap shot then back out of the pile really fast, living up to the reputation of a man who picks on smaller guys then runs away?

Pierce pretended to be hurt again too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Really?

I am going to have to check if anyone started a suspension thread when Kobe raped Battier and left him bloody in front of everyone.
    It's Kobe. What do you expect? He almost always gets favoritism from the NBA.

Made that high school varsity squad sacredcow's Avatar

If they suspended Dwight Howard for an elbow, they'll suspend Kevin "mommy didn't hug me enough" ***** *****.