Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

Default Jerryd Bayless-biggest bust of the draft

This guy is going to bust hard. I'm sorry but I really do not see what everyone else is seeing in this kid. To me he just looks like an extremely undersized shooting guard who does nothing in big games. Why are people so high on this kid?

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Jerryd Bayless-biggest bust of the draft

Once again the NBA draft is all about POTENTIAL. He has great potential and showed it by being the #4 freshman scorer this year in a very good freshman class from the PG position. He has all the tools to be a star in the league. Eve wonder why teams were so high on Tyrus Thomas just because of 2 games in the NCAA tournament?, because I sure did..

Local High School Star TarHeelBorn's Avatar

And the guy posting this "fact" has a pic of Darko as his avatar...

Da Mavs

Bayless reminds me of Arenas for some reason.

Bayless is actually a potential sleeper IMO...his stock has been falling only because others' has been rising. He is looking to fall out of the top ten potentially.

I hope Minnesota choose Love or B Lopez so I we can see Durant,Mayo,and Green in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
    And the guy posting this "fact" has a pic of Darko as his avatar...
    Haha. No kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Bayless reminds me of Arenas for some reason.

Bayless is actually a potential sleeper IMO...his stock has been falling only because others' has been rising. He is looking to fall out of the top ten potentially.

I hope Minnesota choose Love or B Lopez so I we can see Durant,Mayo,and Green in Seattle.
    Bayless isn't falling out of the top 10. He can be compared to Arenas because he's a shoot first pg of similar size, not to mention he also went to Arizona. A "sleeper" is more someone who becomes a really good player that you pick up in the 20s or more. Can't call a top 10 guy a "sleeper" when a lot of people already expect him to be good.

Saw a basketball once

If you are looking for a bust in this draft, expect it to be one of the 7 footers.
    I see Kwame Brown all over again in a few of them.

Probably will turn into Raymond Felton

Good High School Starter

I see him being somewhere between Jason Terry (16 and 5) and Gilbert Arenas (23 and 6). He just really needs to work on his basketball IQ more than anything. He has all the physical tools to be just as good as Deron Williams (with 2 more years in college he could have been much bigger), but with an already great shot. He just needs to play, work hard, and learn as much as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by High Potential
    This guy is going to bust hard. I'm sorry but I really do not see what everyone else is seeing in this kid. To me he just looks like an extremely undersized shooting guard who does nothing in big games. Why are people so high on this kid?
    hahahaha They said the same thing about Arenas and J.Terry. They turned out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
    hahahaha They said the same thing about Arenas and J.Terry. They turned out ok.
    I couldn't even read your post. Your homo avatar was in the way

Serious playground baller

how is bayless anymore a bust than eric gordon or russell westbrook...i swear some people are f'in stupid...

and to the post above me, bayless' upside is a better shooting monta ellis or more athletic chauncey billups...i would say jason terry is his worst scenario...

and his shooting %'s are the most impressive for all the top guards in the draft...and mentally soft? are you kidding me? dude is a competitor - call budinger mentally soft maybe, but bayless is far from it...and comparing him to jon scheyer physically is more than a stretch...dude turns out taller than rose, and a 1/2 - 1 inch shorter than mayo, gordon, and westbrook, and he is bulkier than both rose and westbrook...i do agree that he is not a true point, but he is more so than westbrook or gordon and about the same or better as mayo in that regard...

Saw a basketball once

Bayless is mentally soft, and he won't score to easy in the league.

Stop.

How on Earth could you make a claim like this? Because of his one year he spent at UA where he single-handedly took that disaster of a situation to the NCAA tournament? Growing up in AZ, dude always had the reputation of being as mentally tough as they come and NEVER backing down from anyone.

The only time(s) I have seen JB crumble under the pressure were during Arizona's games against USC, where I felt Mayo completely took him out of the game. However, I don't think two bad games stigmatize JB as a "mentally soft player."

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Personally, I'd LOVE for Indy to get Bayless at 11.

I think the biggest bust is going to be Koufos.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Personally, I'd LOVE for Indy to get Bayless at 11.

I think the biggest bust is going to be Koufos.
    Softest player in the draft. Won't get over 7.5rpg as a starting center in the league.