Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

Default I thught Chigaco was a horrible team with out Rose?

This team is doing great. Most people did not even expect them to make the playoffs with out rose.

SMH if rose was active he would be getting all the credit for this teams hard work. and he would be in the race for MVP.

Default Re: I thught Chigaco was a horrible team with out Rose?

this team benefits greatly from having someone like rose to get them easy points during crunchtime but they have been lucky that players like deng and boozer have been stepping up this year to fill that hole

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000
    This team is doing great. Most people did not even expect them to make the playoffs with out rose.

SMH if rose was active he would be getting all the credit for this teams hard work. and he would be in the race for MVP.
    A healthy Derrick Rose adds at least 15 wins to this teams schedule. The team deserves credit, no doubt, but believe you me, if Rose was active this team would probably be competing for the first seed, if not have it already.

bulls without rose = first round knockout by sixers.
    bulls with rose= above .83
    bulls without rose= .605

Banned

They're 4th seed. If they had Rose, they'd most likely be 1st seed right now.

They are a very good team without Rose, but they are even better with him.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Rose is yet another overrated peremiter player taking all of the credit for the main reason why his team wins: defense and rebounding....and Rose has nothing to do with that. Rose is unfairly giving all of the credit in the media's effort to artifically create a superstar in a big market. He is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. He is merely a very good, not great player....let alone MVP caliber player.

In 2011 when Chicago got to the ECF they got there with the #1 defense and #1 rebounding and #17 offense.
    Rose had nothing to do with the defense and rebounding yet got all of the praise for carrying the mediocre offense with his 8-23 shooting games.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    bulls without rose = first round knockout by sixers.
    bulls with rose= above .83
    bulls without rose= .605
    Didn't Noah and Gibson got injured during that series?

Anyway, I think Rose do make them better, and they'll probably be the 1st seed if he was there but they are good without Rose too. They prove that last year, and again this year. You have to give Thibs and the Bulls roster some credit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreg
    A healthy Derrick Rose adds at least 15 wins to this teams schedule. The team deserves credit, no doubt, but believe you me, if Rose was active this team would probably be competing for the first seed, if not have it already.
    The Bulls with Rose in 2011 through this point in the season were 25-13.

They are 23-15 now.

Thats two games and if we stretch it out to 82 its 5 games added max. 15 is a streeeeeeetch.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    The Bulls with Rose in 2011 through this point in the season were 25-13.

They are 23-15 now.

Thats two games and if we stretch it out to 82 its 5 games added max. 15 is a streeeeeeetch.
    2011 was when the bulls assembled a new team with the coach and alot of new players. you cant compare the begining of the season of that team to this one thats already tenured.

If they can stick around till Rose come back, I can see the Bulls making a push for top seed.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

people have been saying the Bulls would at least be okay without rose since well before he even won the MVP. and if they didn't think so the Bulls playing pretty well in the many games he missed last year would do it.

people have been making these such and such don't really need such and such topics forever when a star gets hurt.

I remember people clowning Webber in 04 when they had a great record being led by peja.

MVP level players have been getting hurt and having teams carry on forever.

the Bulls being above average without rose means no more than the Bulls being above average without Jordan or the 76ers winning 55 games after wilt left. or the Knicks making the finals without Ewing. The King's being great without Webber. the Knicks barely missing a beat when Willis reed fell apart before the second ring.

is just fuel for haters which no one will care about looking back on the era.

it doesn't matter if a team can win a good number of games without its best player. it comes down to whether or not a team can be taken serious.

it isn't hard to build a respectable team. Taking the team from respectable to legitimate is what being great is all about.

history doesn't remember 51 wins and losing to the pacers.

They've always been a good team with or without Rose. They have great role players.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    2011 was when the bulls assembled a new team with the coach and alot of new players. you cant compare that to a team thats already tenured in 2013
    The bulls without rose are going to win mid 50ish games this year. Their defense is elite and they're a very good team.

You think if you add rose they go from 55 wins to 70? No way.. They go to the low 60s so a little over five wins is what rose would add to this team.

There are diminishing returns on teams this good though.. Rose might add 15 to a bad team.

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

Not saying Rose doesnt help, just think he is overrated. He is ranked ahead of guys like:

Westbrook, Rondo, Harden Yet to me he is not clearly better than any of them.

Rondo would be an improvment on defense and would also make scoring easier for the guys around him.

Westbrook and Harden would both bring the same thing Rose brings.

Not bashing Rose, just dont get the hype.
    Last edited by Joey3000; 01-19-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Rose is yet another overrated peremiter player taking all of the credit for the main reason why his team wins: defense and rebounding....and Rose has nothing to do with that. Rose is unfairly giving all of the credit in the media's effort to artifically create a superstar in a big market. He is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. He is merely a very good, not great player....let alone MVP caliber player.

In 2011 when Chicago got to the ECF they got there with the #1 defense and #1 rebounding and #17 offense.
    Rose had nothing to do with the defense and rebounding yet got all of the praise for carrying the mediocre offense with his 8-23 shooting games.
    This, Rose was and will be one of the worst MVP of all time. He is a more likable Blake Griffin in point guard form. Very little actual skill compared to other superstars, a lot of atheleticism