Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Furthermore, if you move the bar back to 45, Lebron is in second place since Jordan retired.

Players who have scored 45 plus points in the playoffs since Jordan retired:

Iverson: 7 times
    Lebron: 6
    Kobe: 5
    Dirk: 3
    Shaq: 2
    Ray Allen: 2
    Vince: 1
    Wade: 1
    T-mac: 1
    Malone:1
    Dwight: 1
    Wells: 1
    Nash: 1

...and for those who are still caught up on 50, if our numerical system was base 9 instead of base 10, the list above would represent the amount of times all of these guys scored 50 (since 50 - or whatever it would be called - would then be 45).

I hope anyone who has posted in this thread now feels like a complete idiot.
    Didn't Pierce drop 46 vs. the Sixers in game 5 of 2002???

...and for those who are still caught up on 50, if our numerical system was base 9 instead of base 10, the list above would represent the amount of times all of these guys scored 50 (since 50 - or whatever it would be called - would then be 45).

I hope anyone who has posted in this thread now feels like a complete idiot.
    You know Lebron stans and their excuses are always going to be hilarious, but this wow, lol, if you thought Lebron retards whining about Lebron having no help on the Heat wasn't enough proof of how mentally sick this phagotts are, now they have issues with the numerical system...

NBA rookie of the year

So? Kobe's only had one, and that was in double OT. And it was exactly 50.

Does Kareem have a 50pt playoff game? Shaq? Bird? Hakeem?
    Not everyone chucks up 40 FGA in playoffs games like Jordan did.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    So? Kobe's only had one, and that was in double OT. And it was exactly 50.
    Is there a day that you wake up without thinking about Kobe? Jesus it's getting pathetic now

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Yeah, by DuMa... then me... in a non-hating mode. Funny, OP wasn't even hating on either Kobe or LeBron.

How is this challenge ? If anything, you challenged me last time in Kblaze's thread about Joel Anthony's situation of shooting a non-contested 18 footer vs Dirk getting 12-18 foot jump shot contested... and the key was they knew that someone's life was on the line.

And stop with the exaggerations. If you want to really go at it, make a poll about who's the most annoying on here, you or me. Let's see who's more annoying.
    woah...last I knew you guys got along.

And for the OP, yeah, but he's had the 49, 48, 47, etc. The same way a 25/11/9 game is no different than a 25/10/10 to any normal person (even though one is a triple double and one isn't), to me 49 and 50 are almost of no difference.

Yeah, he doesn't have any, and I guess its an unusual occurrence for someone this good who's played in this many playoff games if that's what you meant. If that somehow makes him any less of a player to you, you're entitled to that opinion too, but I don't see the point in so many people getting too defensive over it.
    Last edited by Dave3; 02-08-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Any of you see Sleepy floyds 50 point game? They used to show bits of it on NBA tv 10-11 years ago. He had I think 29 points in one quarter vs the Lakers and was straight doing work. He was crossing people up, and hitting runners in traffic, and driving at will. Young Sleepy was no laughing matter. He was solid on the rockets too.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Any of you see Sleepy floyds 50 point game? They used to show bits of it on NBA tv 10-11 years ago. He had I think 29 points in one quarter vs the Lakers and was straight doing work.
    I think he dropped it primarily on Magic. Guy couldn't guard quick PGs. See Timmy Hardaway doing work on him in either the 1990 or 1991 series.

Anyway, 50 point games are much more rare in the post season. It's quite a feat IMO and a better judge of a caliber of scorer. It's more difficult to drop 50 in a playoff game than it is say 60 in a regular season game.

Think about it, less possessions, more controlled possessions, defenses playing their absolute best, supreme focus across the board on both teams, more pressure, higher stakes.

LeBron and Iverson are arguably the best playoff scorers since MJ left. As evident by the amount of their 40 and 50 point games. Iverson was a gunner, Bron gets his more in the flow and isn't merely just a scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Any of you see Sleepy floyds 50 point game? They used to show bits of it on NBA tv 10-11 years ago. He had I think 29 points in one quarter vs the Lakers and was straight doing work. He was crossing people up, and hitting runners in traffic, and driving at will. Young Sleepy was no laughing matter. He was solid on the rockets too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D5x0Ve4pUk

Here's a portion of it. It was an amazing game, showed you the kind of scoring ability the guy had.

Banned

He's gotten close a few times. Hell in that game 1 against Orlando in 2009 he had 49. 1 more free throw or made shot and he gets 50.

5-time NBA All-Star

Lebron rarely has big scoring games - just not his style. His strength has always been the all around game and very consistent high scoring games. Sure a lot of guys got triple doubles, but very few guys have ever averaged 28ppg in the playoffs. That's really elite company. Jordan/Iverson/Lebron/Durant/ and somebody I'm not seeing I guess? Very few guys have averages of points rebounds assist averages in the playoffs that average over 40 as well. So what if he doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    woah...last I knew you guys got along.

And for the OP, yeah, but he's had the 49, 48, 47, etc. The same way a 25/11/9 game is no different than a 25/10/10 to any normal person (even though one is a triple double and one isn't), to me 49 and 50 are almost of no difference.

Yeah, he doesn't have any, and I guess its an unusual occurrence for someone this good who's played in this many playoff games if that's what you meant. If that somehow makes him any less of a player to you, you're entitled to that opinion too, but I don't see the point in so many people getting too defensive over it.
    This was a while back. Were cool now and we peaced it out here (you were even there too):

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=52094&page=7

LeBron might get that 50 one day, great scorer regardless. Even Hakeem Olajuwon, who's the all-time ppg leader for centers in the playoffs, doesn't have a 50 point game in the playoffs. Maybe Durant will get one too ?

It is an exclusive list, though, only 20 have done it and only 4 players have every done it multiple times (Jordan - 8, Wilt - 4, Iverson - 3, West - 2).

I guess we all get defensive over these things... it's just nature.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Lebron rarely has big scoring games - just not his style. His strength has always been the all around game and very consistent high scoring games. Sure a lot of guys got triple doubles, but very few guys have ever averaged 28ppg in the playoffs. That's really elite company. Jordan/Iverson/Lebron/Durant/ and somebody I'm not seeing I guess? Very few guys have averages of points rebounds assist averages in the playoffs that average over 40 as well. So what if he doesn't get it.
    You're leaving out Kobe. He averaged over 28 ppg 3 years straight en route to 3 finals appearances. If you want to include older players, Shaq did 28+ ppg during the Lakers' 3 peat

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    You're leaving out Kobe. He averaged over 28 ppg 3 years straight en route to 3 finals appearances. If you want to include older players, Shaq did 28+ ppg during the Lakers' 3 peat
    Talking about CAREER averages, not 3 year stretches.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Talking about CAREER averages, not 3 year stretches.
    Ah ok.