View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #128
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener

Quote:
Gil is one of the most enigmatic players around today and a true hero in the community. I don't know of anyone else that does more for the kids and surrounding areas than Gil. He's a true fan of the game, something we all are. If you don't like him, that's fine, but just don't bash him for reasons that simply aren't true.

I acknowledge him being a great person and a terrific player, I don't know as much as you about what he does for the community but I'm sure it's a lot. He's a player you love to have on your team, he's the Chad Johnson of the NBA. I remember watching a special on him, how he grew up without a mother and how difficult his child hood was...and you're right, he is one of the greatest underdog stories in league history.

I didn't bash him, I simply called out him for doing something that will simply tarnish his reputation as a basketball player...if he just goes on about his business and does all those things he tries to put the spotlight on...fans will appreciate him more. I'm not telling him to change into something he isn't, I simply think he would have more success against teams like Portland if he doesn't call them out...don't brag as much about your ability as a player, just go out and play.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote