Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: Atheism vs. Theism

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    I just have another general question I've been curious about for some time now. Why do many atheists always seem so angry.
    Sometimes you may be mistaking frustration over stupidity for anger.

I find many religious zealots to be idiots, and I can't believe they can't open their eyes and realize how dumb they're being.

I just have another general question I've been curious about for some time now. Why do many atheists always seem so angry.
    this is a joke right? my guess this "athiest anger" that you perceive is probably due to the fact that atheists have zero morals and multiple mental defects.

if you arent kidding, maybe you can answer me this: why do so many christians always seem so angry? also why do so many muslims seem so angry? why do so many human beings in general seem angry regardless of their religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    this is a joke right? my guess this "athiest anger" that you perceive is probably due to the fact that atheists have zero morals and multiple mental defects.

if you arent kidding, maybe you can answer me this: why do so many christians always seem so angry? also why do so many muslims seem so angry? why do so many human beings in general seem angry regardless of their religion?
    I wasn't kidding at all. There's angry folks of any and all religions, but I think we can all agree atheists "seem" the most angry of all respectively. There's obviously no proof or backed scientific study of something such as this, just speaking in general terms.

You don't agree. That's fine. Maybe you were offended.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

I wasn't kidding at all. There's angry folks of any and all religions, but I think we can all agree atheists "seem" the most angry of all respectively. There's obviously no proof or backed scientific study of something such as this, just speaking in general terms.

I don't see it.

I do think there are some atheist kids who think they're being rebellious, and want to confront people with it, but in general I'd guess that atheists are, if anything, less emotionally volatile.

you thought wrong.

as long as we are making broad generalizations - muslims, jews and christians all seem a lot "angrier" than atheists to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    you thought wrong.

as long as we are making broad generalizations - muslims, jews and christians all seem a lot "angrier" than atheists to me.
    How is what you bold'd from me something "you thought wrong" (meaning me being wrong) ? ... I don't see it being wrong or an inaccurate statement. You think religious people seem angrier; I feel atheists are. Atheists have the chip on their shoulder. IMO, much more than those who belong to a religious organization.

I mean come on dude, just admit so many atheists await for any and all opportunities to jump into a religious conversation (be it RL or here on the internet) and engage in a negative way. Atheists are way more quick to blast religious people with harsh insults and belittling smug remarks right from the very beginning of any such discussion.

Different people, different experiences I suppose.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

How is what you bold'd from me something "you thought wrong" (meaning me being wrong) ? ... I don't see it being wrong or an inaccurate statement. You think religious people seem angrier; I feel atheists are. Atheists have the chip on their shoulder. IMO, much more than those who belong to a religious organization.

I mean come on dude, just admit so many atheists await for any and all opportunities to jump into a religious conversation (be it RL or here on the internet) and engage in a negative way. Atheists are way more quick to blast religious people with harsh insults and belittling smug remarks right from the very beginning of any such discussion.

I disagree, but as I said before this isn't something we can really prove. But lets say for arguments sake it is true. What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    I disagree, but as I said before this isn't something we can really prove. But lets say for arguments sake it is true. What is your point?
    There is no real point. Just a personal observation.

Good High School Starter

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showpost...stcount=85:old

cmon son. Didn't take but a few seconds

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    http://207.58.151.151/forum/showpost...stcount=85:old

cmon son. Didn't take but a few seconds
    3 or 4 years ago. And as I just said. So what?

I don't even remember making that post, so I'm not sure if I am angry, frustrated or just taking the piss?

Plus it is only one instance. How long have you known me? How often have I been angry? Even if you find more posts like that, how much time do you think I am spending in that state of mind? Everyone gets angry and frustrated - it doesn't mean they always are.
    Last edited by miller-time; 02-16-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Good High School Starter

3 or 4 years ago. And as I just said. So what?

I don't even remember making that post, so I'm not sure if I am angry, frustrated or just taking the piss?

Plus it is only one instance. How long have you known me? How often have I been angry?
    Idk what his point was, I do agree though. But I'm looking from this side of the fence

Idk what his point was, I do agree though. But I'm looking from this side of the fence
    But I wasn't even necessarily disagreeing with him. So how is there even a fence?

Good High School Starter

But I wasn't even necessarily disagreeing with him. So how is there even a fence?
    you're making this way more difficult than it needs to be

you're making this way more difficult than it needs to be
    No I saw it, which is why I prefaced disagreeing with necessarily. His conclusion is based on anecdotal evidence. He could be right but who knows?

What I'm not saying is that there are more angry Christians than atheists. Which would be a straight up dichotomous disagreement.
    Last edited by miller-time; 02-16-2013 at 09:28 PM.

How is what you bold'd from me something "you thought wrong" (meaning me being wrong) ?

what i bolded is something that "you thought wrong" because the part that was bolded says "I think we can all agree that....." and i dont agree with you. it doesnt look like anybody agrees with you.

Atheists have the chip on their shoulder. IMO, much more than those who belong to a religious organization.

im not admitting something that is not true. if you want to discuss generalizations based on internet experiences then you should just admit that all catholics are child molestors (or child molestor enablers at best)

the fact that you argue with atheists on the internet, the fact that atheists hit you with "harsh insults and belitting smug remarks" (lmao) does not mean that atheists have a chip on their shoulder, and it doesnt mean they are "angry"
    Last edited by Nanners; 02-17-2013 at 04:35 AM.