Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Default Re: The Sixers season will OWN

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Nobody among the young guys has emerged as a leader, either on or off the floor. Doug's grasping at straws hoping the veteran presence will stabilize things, but I've never been a fan of Richardson. And yes, the absence of the big they counted on (why, I don't know) has been a big issue. Collins has been open about his plans to use Bynum and Hawes together.

It was inevitable, though I predicted it happening next year after a solid performance this season (which obviously hasn't happened). Collins is so relentlessly intense and such a strong X & O guy that he can make a roster look a lot better than it really is... until either the players start thinking the success was all them OR his grating ways start to fall on deaf ears. In this case, it appears to be happening before they've achieved anything. Sad.

ETA: I've known Collins for nearly 40 years and been a Sixers fan longer than that... and I can't believe ANYBODY would have wagered on this team winning 54 games this season.

First, let me say that I think The Sixers made a good move. It was a risk tho.

But you bring up veteran leadership...I think Holiday had taken some of that role. He brings accountability to the floor. But I do agree with you and I have to wonder why they amnestied Elton Brand. Just to use it? They weren't able to sign anyone they needed by doing that. They're still a little over the cap. His deal expired this season. After the year he had, defensively, he should have stayed with the team.

There is clearly a disconnect between the Sixers and Bynum. Hawes spent much of the year as a backup and clearly Collins wanted to keep his role consistent thru Bynum coming back. Lavoy Allen is obviously not a starter. Having Brand would have made a huge difference.

Funny that GOBB picked this season to talk up the Sixers. He never did that in the past. He talked a bunch of smak and it blew up in his face.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Sad part is Sixers will have to deal with Bynum and his bad knees for years to come. He will probably never live up to his potential and possible his best days are behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Sad part is Sixers will have to deal with Bynum and his bad knees for years to come. He will probably never live up to his potential and possible his best days are behind him.
    I thought he was gonna be a free agent at the end of the season.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

the whole franchise is a joke from top to bottom. the way doug threw everyone under the bus made me lose a ton of respect for him. HE is responsible for this mess the new owners go off what doug says tony dileo is a puppet of a gm and does what doug says. DOUG put this roster together now they're playing like shit he pulls the "it's not my fault" card. then he goes on to praise vucevic after the magic game. the same guy that he coached last year and as soon as nik would **** up he would be buried at the end of the bench for the rest of the game. It's so depressing that we could currently have a front court of cousins and vucevic instead we have the ballerina hawes and mr inconsistent evan "beaker" turner. i hope the sixers don't win another game this season. the only people worth keeping on the roster are holiday and thad, the rest including doug can go kick rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I thought he was gonna be a free agent at the end of the season.

He is. Of course they could resign him.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Where is GOBB.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    Lol

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Where is GOBB.

In a cold, dark place.

Default Re: I shaved my ass and got it waxed. Its ripe for kissing as the Sixers season will OWN

Quote Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
    Deepest team in the league? Uncheck.
    Bingo

If Bynum was Bynum of last year or close though, they seriously could've been a very dangerous team around him. Jrue is a legit all star, they've got fine perimeter pieces. Thadeus Young is good help for Andrew in the paint, and Spencer Hawes a solid backup.

Injuries just killed their season. It happens. 1 injury could end the Heat's, Thunder's, or anyone's season.

So I don't blame GOBB for coming into the year enthusiastic. I believe even Bynum the healthiest he could be, is not good enough to lead a title team, but is good enough to be the best big man in the league (that's maturity), but they could've had a great year.

As of now though, he seems done. He needs to just sit it out this year, and IF he can recover at all. Sign a 1 year deal, it's a good move.

I feel bad for Doug Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    I feel bad for Doug Collins.
    why? this is his fault besides bynum getting hurt the rest falls on him.