Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dion Waiters and others for Deng rumor

This potential trade scenario may make sense for the Bulls. If this is the best offer they could get I say do it.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...waiters/page/2

College superstar

Default Re: Dion Waiters and others for Deng rumor

As soon as my friend told me about the rumors, I thought to myself...

Waiters and Varejao for Deng and a protected first.

Done.

I'd welcome Waiters, Turner and Shumpert. I feel like either one of them would have something to bring to the table here and add something.

Waiters would be my top choice as I feel he has the most overall potential but also because he's the best scorer something we definitely need more of.

Turner is a good ball handler and playmaker which is also something we could use.

Shumpert is a very good defender and can hit a spot up outside shot so he would be a welcome addition.

Either one of these guys could play alongside Butler.

Rudy Gay might be available. Deng for Gay?

If we do this and amnesty Boozer would we have enough cap room to sign Love?

I know this is probably far fetched, but crazier things have happened and if you go through the progressions it could be possible.

Rose-Butler-Gay-Love-Noah would be a crazy lineup.

Toronto has said to be interested in moving Gay so they could be in a better position to draft Wiggins.

Love has been rumored to move elsewhere since he doesn't believe he can truly contend in Minnesota.

Amnestying Boozer has been on the table for a long time.

I believe our core moving forward will be Rose-Butler-Noah so we need two guys to fit in with those guys.

Gay would be a really good option to boost our scoring.
    Love would give us excellent rebounding and would spread the floor with his outside shooting for our slashers.
    Both of these players defense would improve in our system and playing alongside our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    I'd welcome Waiters, Turner and Shumpert. I feel like either one of them would have something to bring to the table here and add something.

Waiters would be my top choice as I feel he has the most overall potential but also because he's the best scorer something we definitely need more of.

Turner is a good ball handler and playmaker which is also something we could use.

Shumpert is a very good defender and can hit a spot up outside shot so he would be a welcome addition.

Either one of these guys could play alongside Butler.
    I'm pretty critical of Waiters, but I don't think he fits very well. He's a very me-focused guy. Complains when he doesn't get the ball, is upset he gets benched for not playing defense while Kyrie gets away with it. Kinda asking for trouble.

Turner could be a really good fit, but I want to see how long he keeps this up. He's had stretches of 10ish games where it looks like he's finally gonna arrive and be consistent but then goes back to being kinda bad.

Shumpert I like. And have no complaints.

It might just be time to take some risks but which ones? There are no clear cut answers out there.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Rudy Gay might be available. Deng for Gay?

If we do this and amnesty Boozer would we have enough cap room to sign Love?

I know this is probably far fetched, but crazier things have happened and if you go through the progressions it could be possible.

Rose-Butler-Gay-Love-Noah would be a crazy lineup.

Toronto has said to be interested in moving Gay so they could be in a better position to draft Wiggins.

Love has been rumored to move elsewhere since he doesn't believe he can truly contend in Minnesota.

Amnestying Boozer has been on the table for a long time.

I believe our core moving forward will be Rose-Butler-Noah so we need two guys to fit in with those guys.

Gay would be a really good option to boost our scoring.
    Love would give us excellent rebounding and would spread the floor with his outside shooting for our slashers.
    Both of these players defense would improve in our system and playing alongside our guys.

No, we would not have room to sign Love.

And I'm not a fan of Gay. He's a better scorer than Deng, but I don't think he's the answer. I'd rather have a shooter/scorer than a scorer. Preferably a SG.

Honestly, I love Waiters. He's young and has already shown promise. Someone mentioned his attitude issues, but I strongly believe that a culture as strong as the Bulls can help with that. Wouldn't be an issue.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

For me it would be -

Waiters
    Turner
    Shumpert

In that order. I would be fine with trading Deng for either of those guys.

Plus those guys are more suited for the SG position which let's us move Butler to his natural SF. Waiters gives us a legit outside threat. His numbers are down this year but I feel that is more on his offensive teammates in Cleveland. Here I think Kirk, Booz, and Noah are capable of finding him in open spots. And if Rose comes back to his form he is an excellent sidekick to his jump pass loving ass.

Turner gives us a utility to use in the backcourt and he can be a better offensive option then Butler for when Rose comes back.

Shumpert I love and I think Thibs could make him and Butler into a nightmare defensive wing duo. But his offensive game is not all there yet. He would have to work on his shooting and would make us less dangerous offensively (although that is not saying much nowadays).

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    For me it would be -

Waiters
    Turner
    Shumpert

In that order. I would be fine with trading Deng for either of those guys.

Plus those guys are more suited for the SG position which let's us move Butler to his natural SF. Waiters gives us a legit outside threat. His numbers are down this year but I feel that is more on his offensive teammates in Cleveland. Here I think Kirk, Booz, and Noah are capable of finding him in open spots. And if Rose comes back to his form he is an excellent sidekick to his jump pass loving ass.

Turner gives us a utility to use in the backcourt and he can be a better offensive option then Butler for when Rose comes back.

Shumpert I love and I think Thibs could make him and Butler into a nightmare defensive wing duo. But his offensive game is not all there yet. He would have to work on his shooting and would make us less dangerous offensively (although that is not saying much nowadays).

That was a tough loss tonight.

Deng played awesome and I think we have to trade him while his stock is high. Either now or by the new year.

With a loaded draft, maybe, just maybe I am fine if this team decides to tank. A guy like Parker, Wiggins, Gordon, Smart, Randle would do wonders on this team along with a Waiters. Better to have young, explosive talent.

That was a tough loss tonight.

Deng played awesome and I think we have to trade him while his stock is high. Either now or by the new year.

With a loaded draft, maybe, just maybe I am fine if this team decides to tank. A guy like Parker, Wiggins, Gordon, Smart, Randle would do wonders on this team along with a Waiters. Better to have young, explosive talent.
    Averaged over 20 points since Rose went out and 8 boards and I think 4-5 assists. I could be wrong on then can't remember. Upping his value.

If we can miss the playoffs, I can live with getting the bobcats pick this year. Gives us hopefully a top 12 pick and high teens, that's not bad in a deep draft.

Team has lost 6 of 7, so unintentional or not, the losses are racking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Averaged over 20 points since Rose went out and 8 boards and I think 4-5 assists. I could be wrong on then can't remember. Upping his value.

If we can miss the playoffs, I can live with getting the bobcats pick this year. Gives us hopefully a top 12 pick and high teens, that's not bad in a deep draft.

Team has lost 6 of 7, so unintentional or not, the losses are racking up.

That is true. Hell if we tanked and dealt for Waiters and had our own high pick? Imagine Rose/Waiters/Parker? Two Chicagoans in the lineup. With maybe the Bobcats pick falling out the top 10 we could pick up an insurance high pick PG.

Just throwing ideas out there.

The last thing I want to see is my team losing when it has players like Noah who hate to lose. But if it is for one year and if it is to obtain a player that can help the franchise get right back into the title picture as soon as next season, then why not do it?

That is true. Hell if we tanked and dealt for Waiters and had our own high pick? Imagine Rose/Waiters/Parker? Two Chicagoans in the lineup. With maybe the Bobcats pick falling out the top 10 we could pick up an insurance high pick PG.

Just throwing ideas out there.

The last thing I want to see is my team losing when it has players like Noah who hate to lose. But if it is for one year and if it is to obtain a player that can help the franchise get right back into the title picture as soon as next season, then why not do it?
    Deng's averaging a wowing 27-6-6 since Rose went out. And Taj is finally having that huge year now that he's 100% healthy. Upping his trade value too if GarPax decides to go that way.

We only get the Bobcats pick if they make the playoffs. I think they're gonna sneak in this year and kinda **** us over on that one. But oh well in a draft this deep? Damn.

I mean there's really no point in not just blowing it up. It's kinda obvious the team wasn't gonna win a title. Most of the guys have good trade value that could net at least a young guy in return, maybe a pick. You keep Noah because centers are rare. Keep Jimmy because he's young and trade everyone else if possible. We don't have young players that need playoff experience or could benefit from it because been there done that in Jimmy's case! Play hard every night against the big teams, just make sure to lose to the 6 games after the Heat, and go from there. (big games for lotto balls)

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Deng's averaging a wowing 27-6-6 since Rose went out. And Taj is finally having that huge year now that he's 100% healthy. Upping his trade value too if GarPax decides to go that way.

We only get the Bobcats pick if they make the playoffs. I think they're gonna sneak in this year and kinda **** us over on that one. But oh well in a draft this deep? Damn.

I mean there's really no point in not just blowing it up. It's kinda obvious the team wasn't gonna win a title. Most of the guys have good trade value that could net at least a young guy in return, maybe a pick. You keep Noah because centers are rare. Keep Jimmy because he's young and trade everyone else if possible. We don't have young players that need playoff experience or could benefit from it because been there done that in Jimmy's case! Play hard every night against the big teams, just make sure to lose to the 6 games after the Heat, and go from there. (big games for lotto balls)
    Pretty sure it is top 6 protected. As in we get the pick if it falls 7+. 7-14 means they missed the playoffs. So we can get their pick whether they make the playoffs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Pretty sure it is top 6 protected. As in we get the pick if it falls 7+. 7-14 means they missed the playoffs. So we can get their pick whether they make the playoffs or not.
    Oh shit it's only top 10 protected.
    http://www.prosportstransactions.com...re/Bobcats.htm

Them probably making the playoffs is gonna lower that value though.