Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Default Re: The Lingend is over

Lin was the dude dropping 38 on the Lakers like it was nothing, and now he can't score for shit I think he's at his best scoring and being aggressive, he can't just defer on this Rockets team they don't have many scorers at the moment.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

Lin is playing in the presason kind of like Rubio did last year for wolves. Running the team well, making good passes, playing good disruptive defense, and helping the team win. It's just that he's shooting piss poor (kind of like Rubio did last year).

Lin gets trashed for being a crappy point guard, and Rubio gets praised as the next Jason Kidd.

Lin is supposed to be a scorer. Rubio isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Lin is supposed to be a scorer. Rubio isn't.
    What he's supposed to be is irrelevant. What he's doing is playing sort of like a Rubio-lite... since his shots not falling. Seems to me the Rockets are doing well in the preseason with Lin running the offense.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest

Lowry wanted out. Getting a lottery pick ain't too bad. Dragic wanted a player option, which puts the franchise at a disadvantage. Lin's potential is pretty appealing. Take into account the marketing factor, and for $8m a year (which still doesn't put our salary over the minimum), it's justified.
    I may be wrong and please correct me if I am but as far as I know the stuff about him wanting to get out was more rumours and the actual problem was the fact he was that he found the 2 great point guard situation problematic.

And regarding Goran, I couldn't care less about the player option, any sane person would choose Goran Dragic for 4 years with a players option and for 34 million dollars than Jeremy Lin to a 3 year a la 25 million dollar deal.

And my beef is not really Goran, Lowry had the cheapest contract in the NBA compared to what he actually did on court. How hard was it to please the guy, seriously. And trading away a really good player with an extremely good contract should result more than a first round pick..

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Lin was the dude dropping 38 on the Lakers like it was nothing, and now he can't score for shit I think he's at his best scoring and being aggressive, he can't just defer on this Rockets team they don't have many scorers at the moment.
    You got to realize that the 38 point thing was against Fisher and the guy wasn't as scouted by opposite teams compared to what he's going to be now.

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    Lin is playing in the presason kind of like Rubio did last year for wolves. Running the team well, making good passes, playing good disruptive defense, and helping the team win. It's just that he's shooting piss poor (kind of like Rubio did last year).

Lin gets trashed for being a crappy point guard, and Rubio gets praised as the next Jason Kidd.

Lin is not playing anything like Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Lin is not playing anything like Rubio.
    A facepalm and a declarative statement of fact with nothing to back it up equals typical post from IGOTGAME.

Lin is running a team with good offensive efficiency? Check. (Houston is amongst the top teams in offensive efficiency this preseason.)

Lin is making good passes and limiting turnovers? Check.

Lin is playing good defense and getting a lot of steals. Check.

Lin is helping the team win. Check.

Lin is shooting piss poor. Check.

Lin seems to be doing a lot of Rubio things this preseason.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I may be wrong and please correct me if I am but as far as I know the stuff about him wanting to get out was more rumours and the actual problem was the fact he was that he found the 2 great point guard situation problematic.

And regarding Goran, I couldn't care less about the player option, any sane person would choose Goran Dragic for 4 years with a players option and for 34 million dollars than Jeremy Lin to a 3 year a la 25 million dollar deal.

And my beef is not really Goran, Lowry had the cheapest contract in the NBA compared to what he actually did on court. How hard was it to please the guy, seriously. And trading away a really good player with an extremely good contract should result more than a first round pick..
    Gotta say, this was easier than expected. First result on Google

"“I don’t think so,” Lowry, 26, said. “I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed.

“If things aren’t addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved.”"

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I believe I read somewhere that we sent Goran to Phoenix as a slight favor to him. We blew up the roster; we'd be wasting his best years. Likewise with Lowry.

But regarding Dragic's player option - Morey said that with a player option, the chances of ending up with essentially a free agent (not desirable to other teams) or a player that few teams want is much higher. I know it's coming from the man himself, but still.

Tbh, I'm just glad we're not stuck in mediocre-land with players that have already plateaued or were on the decline.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    Gotta say, this was easier than expected. First result on Google

"“I don’t think so,” Lowry, 26, said. “I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed.

“If things aren’t addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved.”"

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I believe I read somewhere that we sent Goran to Phoenix as a slight favor to him. We blew up the roster; we'd be wasting his best years. Likewise with Lowry.

But regarding Dragic's player option - Morey said that with a player option, the chances of ending up with essentially a free agent (not desirable to other teams) or a player that few teams want is much higher. I know it's coming from the man himself, but still.

Tbh, I'm just glad we're not stuck in mediocre-land with players that have already plateaued or were on the decline.
    Yeah, but Lowry's main issue was that he couldn't co-exist with Dragic. I do recall him being pissed the season prior as well and wrote stuff on Twitter like, "I don't want to be somewhere where I'm wanted". He got the green light after that as the starting PG..

If the Rockets would have given him the green light I really do believe that he'd still be the startin PG for the Rockets.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    What's wrong? He's acting like this is for everyone, why is everyone else ok? Is he still saying he's been hurt? From the minor knee surgery in the beginning of April?

http://news.yahoo.com/lin-needs-knee...4839--spt.html

In early (first week) of April Lin had surgery that would keep him out a maximum of 6 weeks. It's now been approx 28 weeks.
    He hasn't played NBA level games since then
    He's getting back into game shape, getting his timing back etc

He's also getting fouled, and not getting any calls, you know bumps make you miss. Lin went to the line an average of 8 times a game last season, so far not so much.

He got bumped on this play, the only shot he made, last game - no call
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBkssZd4xE4
    Last edited by BlitzForce; 10-25-2012 at 05:09 PM.

I usually hit open layups

23minutes 5-10fg 3-4 3ptfg 3reb 5asst 2stl 0turnovers 13pt

It's just preason

Rockets finish at 5-2, 5-1 with Lin playing

Lin's numbers starting with the Miami game (at which point 'the book was out on him'):

15 Games / 31.2 MPG
    14.5 PPG / 3.6 RPG / 6.5 APG / 1.7 SPG / 0.4 BPG / 3.9 TOV / 2.7 PF
    on .393 / .289 / .854 shooting

preseason:

6 Games / 25.3 MPG
    6.3 PPG / 2.3 RPG / 6.0 APG / 2.3 SPG / 0.3 BPG / 2.5 TOV / 1.7 PF
    on .283 / .231 / .600 shooting

not bad! not bad at all!

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

8 assists, 4 steals, +23.