Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Concern: Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on withholding ri

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    It's more the Christians fault then it is Bush's.

Bush can go "I'm gonna allow Bin Laden to knock down the towers so we can start a war with iraq, it doesn't make much sense, but, come on! TRUST ME"

And the Christians are silent.

Bush can go "I'm gonna become president and take away a ton of your civil liberties, just trust me!"

And the Christians are silent.

Bush then goes "I believe in Jesus and god and all that bullcrap, and will stop abortion or whatever. vote for me!"

And the Christians cheer and chant "USA!, USA!, USA!" on the way to the polls.

Why can't terrorism just go after the brainwashed Christians and not the rest of us non-brainwashed Americans?

I think the terrorists are. I mean the Islamic fundamentalists (who believe the koran to the letter in his purity, especially the "Kill, murder, rape, imprison, all infidels who do not believe in teh glory of Allah" line.

i mean, they view the US as a Christian/Jewish state and they want to eliminate them in a holy war that stretches back to the Crusades. anyone else who is caught in the crossfire (whether atheist or Middle Americans or w/e) are simply collateral damage to terrorists.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

Default Re: Concern: Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on withholding ri

Quote Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
    I think the terrorists are. I mean the Islamic fundamentalists (who believe the koran to the letter in his purity, especially the "Kill, murder, rape, imprison, all infidels who do not believe in teh glory of Allah" line.

i mean, they view the US as a Christian/Jewish state and they want to eliminate them in a holy war that stretches back to the Crusades. anyone else who is caught in the crossfire (whether atheist or Middle Americans or w/e) are simply collateral damage to terrorists.
    That's a good point. But there has to be a way that we can be like "Hey, these are the people you hate. HAVE THEM and leave the rest of us alone"

I think without the Christians this country would really be a better place for liberals & conservatives alike.

NBA rookie of the year

That's a good point. But there has to be a way that we can be like "Hey, these are the people you hate. HAVE THEM and leave the rest of us alone"

I think without the Christians this country would really be a better place for liberals & conservatives alike.

while that brings up a valid point, who has the guts to essentially declare people for murder like that? Bush may... but only if it were the minorities whom he hates.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    Bill O'Reilly is an idiot and people who support his views are just as stupid. He's arrogant, egotistical and he will believe he is right even if proven wrong.

Bush is not necessarily a bad President. Nixon was a bad President, Andrew Johnson was a bad President, John Quincy Adams was a bad President. Yes, Bush hasn't exactly been a saint in office, but he's not a complete ****-up like everyone makes him out to be. I believe he has good intentions for what he does, but he just doesn't carry his agenda out like he should. Like I've said all along, Kerry probably wouldn't be doing much better right now.

The war isn't senseless, Saddam Hussein needed to be removed. We should have just done that, rebuilt Iraq, and left, but now we're getting involved with Iran and that's a mistake.
    Some are pointless, yes, but I believe if you kill someone out of spite, you should be killed too.
    Abortion is murder. Now, I'm not going to go off on the idea of choice and life, but the little kid is alive in the mother's womb. If the mother doesn't want it, put it up for adoption.
    That ties into abortion. But I don't know a lot of the specifics on it to comment.
    I don't and I won't until the polar ice caps melt and cause a global flood. New York has 12 feet of snow on the ground. Down here in NC is 30 degrees outside and it's been like that for the past two weeks. I do believe that industry and manufacturing has harmed the atmosphere, but not to the point where it's going to melt the planet.
    Don't matter what color you are, you're still human. I do know some people who are racist and are in denial about it. But I also consider the whole "Black America" thing which a lot of blacks so strongly support screams out segregation to me. The past is behind us let's just move on with our lives.
    I support raising minimum wage mainly because a lot of people can only get minimum wage jobs. Also, raising minimum wage will encourage the lazy bums living off of welfare to get up and work.
    I'm against gay marriage for the sole reason that it's not progressive. Two gay people can't have a kid. A man and a woman can have a kid, the kid can grow up and contribute to the economy.
    I believe that the government shouldn't interfere with the church.
    I don't really know much about the arguments to comment.
    I only support marijuana for prescription use only, not recreational drug use. But that's just me.

I go to a highly conservative Free Will Baptist school and I disagree with a lot of the crap they believe in. They are prejudice, racist, and downright ignorant. They go on what they've been taught and raised on and they preach it with oppression. I will admit I don't know a lot about politics mainly because it doesn't interest me, but I will support my President no matter how big of a screw-up he may be.
    You typed all of that just to show that you're the type of person we all want the terrorists to attack and leave the rest of us alone?

while that brings up a valid point, who has the guts to essentially declare people for murder like that? Bush may... but only if it were the minorities whom he hates.
    Ironically, I bet Gods the only one.

He needs to come down and be like "Kill these moronic followers of mine! Their a pain in the ass!"

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Concern: Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on withholding rights

you do know Kerry may have won the Election in 2004 if Margaret Marshall decided to wait a little longer before declaring gay marriage legal... right? wait until at least after the election when Kerry may have won, or do it way before.

NBA rookie of the year

Ironically, I bet Gods the only one.

He needs to come down and be like "Kill these moronic followers of mine! Their a pain in the ass!"

to me, going to Church and following the Bible is a morality thing. I do it so I can be in congregation with others, and be a moral person who will not, say cheat on his wife, do sinful things, murder people, or be a sleaze, etc...

the rest of the extremely pious actions such as no sex before marriage, or the new founded city slickers are destroying family values, etc... those things I can do without.

all the fundamental beliefs were rooted from a time when people lived in huts and shacks and science was mainlydesigned to turn lead into gold. I think in our new culture, we can do without those things.

Banned

yes because Christians are the only religious group that has an extreme sect that can be manipulated. you realize America is 80% Christian right? why is it so damn popular to hate Christians? it's like a bitter liberal cynic's heaven. just blame the religion, not human nature, take an extreme 2%'s craziness and maybe 10-20%'s swayed voting and make it the scapegoat for all our country's problems.

to me, going to Church and following the Bible is a morality thing. I do it so I can be in congregation with others, and be a moral person who will not, say cheat on his wife, do sinful things, murder people, or be a sleaze, etc...

the rest of the extremely pious actions such as no sex before marriage, or the new founded city slickers are destroying family values, etc... those things I can do without.

all the fundamental beliefs were rooted from a time when people lived in huts and shacks and science was mainlydesigned to turn lead into gold. I think in our new culture, we can do without those things.
    I have no problem with people who use religion as a way to feel better about themselves and to lead a good/safe life.

It's the people that use religion as a way to control people who don't believe in the same things.

Religion behind closed doors is fine. It's your own private thing, but once you bring it into MY LIFE I don't like it.

I don't like the way people vote for their religion instead of what will make their life better. It upsets me.

I'm one of the people that feels this country, no world, would be ALOT better off without the south. Just awful human beings there. And I find it hilarious that Jesus can't stop them from dying of heart disease.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nashforprez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    Bill O'Reilly is an idiot and people who support his views are just as stupid. He's arrogant, egotistical and he will believe he is right even if proven wrong.

Bush is not necessarily a bad President. Nixon was a bad President, Andrew Johnson was a bad President, John Quincy Adams was a bad President. Yes, Bush hasn't exactly been a saint in office, but he's not a complete ****-up like everyone makes him out to be. I believe he has good intentions for what he does, but he just doesn't carry his agenda out like he should. Like I've said all along, Kerry probably wouldn't be doing much better right now.

The war isn't senseless, Saddam Hussein needed to be removed. We should have just done that, rebuilt Iraq, and left, but now we're getting involved with Iran and that's a mistake.
    Some are pointless, yes, but I believe if you kill someone out of spite, you should be killed too.
    Abortion is murder. Now, I'm not going to go off on the idea of choice and life, but the little kid is alive in the mother's womb. If the mother doesn't want it, put it up for adoption.
    That ties into abortion. But I don't know a lot of the specifics on it to comment.
    I don't and I won't until the polar ice caps melt and cause a global flood. New York has 12 feet of snow on the ground. Down here in NC is 30 degrees outside and it's been like that for the past two weeks. I do believe that industry and manufacturing has harmed the atmosphere, but not to the point where it's going to melt the planet.
    Don't matter what color you are, you're still human. I do know some people who are racist and are in denial about it. But I also consider the whole "Black America" thing which a lot of blacks so strongly support screams out segregation to me. The past is behind us let's just move on with our lives.
    I support raising minimum wage mainly because a lot of people can only get minimum wage jobs. Also, raising minimum wage will encourage the lazy bums living off of welfare to get up and work.
    I'm against gay marriage for the sole reason that it's not progressive. Two gay people can't have a kid. A man and a woman can have a kid, the kid can grow up and contribute to the economy.
    I believe that the government shouldn't interfere with the church.
    I don't really know much about the arguments to comment.
    I only support marijuana for prescription use only, not recreational drug use. But that's just me.

I go to a highly conservative Free Will Baptist school and I disagree with a lot of the crap they believe in. They are prejudice, racist, and downright ignorant. They go on what they've been taught and raised on and they preach it with oppression. I will admit I don't know a lot about politics mainly because it doesn't interest me, but I will support my President no matter how big of a screw-up he may be.
    you are my twin.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nashforprez's Avatar

btw this country was formed on moral, christian beliefs and ever since the country has moved away from being moral, it has decayed. true traditionalists call for a return to the beliefs that began this country

Quote Originally Posted by nashforprez
    btw this country was formed on moral, christian beliefs and ever since the country has moved away from being moral, it has decayed. true traditionalists call for a return to the beliefs that began this country
    Are you referring to Segregation and slavery?

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    yes because Christians are the only religious group that has an extreme sect that can be manipulated. you realize America is 80% Christian right? why is it so damn popular to hate Christians? it's like a bitter liberal cynic's heaven. just blame the religion, not human nature, take an extreme 2%'s craziness and maybe 10-20%'s swayed voting and make it the scapegoat for all our country's problems.
    Because 60 million Americans are evangelicals. Therefore, they refuse to believe in evolution, global warming, in some cases dinosaurs, that the world is older than 6000 years, etc. We can never have any sort of peace in the Middle East because they believe that if Israel does not exist exactly as it did in the Old Testament that Jesus will never return. So that means funneling billions of dollars to Israel so they can continue the occupation and annexation of Palestinian land. All the while, gaining the ire of Islamic fundamentalists. And then we scratch our heads and say, "Why did they attack us on 9/11?"

Can you imagine if there were 60 million PETA members? "No! I refuse to let you test medicine on animals because it's immoral! I don't care if humans die because of it, either!"

BTW VCDrivesAPorchse, you need to stop with that lame anti-Islam line. Or post some verses from the Qur'an that back you up. But before you do that, I recommend you:

1) verify the source and translation. Is it a legitimate translation? Someone that knows Arabic? Approved by the Saudi courts?
    2) What's the context? Have you read the verses before and after? Does it apply to any time or is it strictly wartime? The Qur'an forbids making war on others unless they have made war on you; do not "transgress the limits."
    3) Prove that it's "worse" than anything Moses or any of the prophets of the Old Testament did.

Also, the "color coded" security warning is the biggest hoax ever. Not only is it used for political gain, it actually tells the terrorists when NOT to attack. "Hey guys, we're gonna be on the look out for you.. so don't do anything today!" Gee, I wonder what happens when they get that memo.

Banned

btw this country was formed on moral, christian beliefs and ever since the country has moved away from being moral, it has decayed.
    oh yeah, decayed. it's so much worse now that we're not beating our wives, enslaving our blacks, and murdering our indigenous population. why? THE GAYS ARE MARRYING!

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    Because 60 million Americans are evangelicals. Therefore, they refuse to believe in evolution, global warming, in some cases dinosaurs, that the world is older than 6000 years, etc. We can never have any sort of peace in the Middle East because they believe that if Israel does not exist exactly as it did in the Old Testament that Jesus will never return. So that means funneling billions of dollars to Israel so they can continue the occupation and annexation of Palestinian land. All the while, gaining the ire of Islamic fundamentalists. And then we scratch our heads and say, "Why did they attack us on 9/11?"

Can you imagine if there were 60 million PETA members? "No! I refuse to let you test medicine on animals because it's immoral! I don't care if humans die because of it, either!"

BTW VCDrivesAPorchse, you need to stop with that lame anti-Islam line. Or post some verses from the Qur'an that back you up. But before you do that, I recommend you:

1) verify the source and translation. Is it a legitimate translation? Someone that knows Arabic? Approved by the Saudi courts?
    2) What's the context? Have you read the verses before and after? Does it apply to any time or is it strictly wartime? The Qur'an forbids making war on others unless they have made war on you; do not "transgress the limits."
    3) Prove that it's "worse" than anything Moses or any of the prophets of the Old Testament did.

Also, the "color coded" security warning is the biggest hoax ever. Not only is it used for political gain, it actually tells the terrorists when NOT to attack. "Hey guys, we're gonna be on the look out for you.. so don't do anything today!" Gee, I wonder what happens when they get that memo.
    Good Post.